+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for refugees

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
hi everyone:
i applied again for open work permit in JUNE 2015 upon the expiry of my previous open work permit. haven't yet heard anything back from cic...anyone else in the same situation? btw i applied using the online system.

lieb26

Aug 22, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Applied online on June 22, got email confirmation of submission the same day, one blank update on June 23 and nothing else since then. The current processing time is 114 days and I'm on day 86 so I'm guessing there's still a while to go before I hear anything. I've been following the timelines of people who have applied for a post graduate work permit and it seems this year it's taking an unusually long time. The processing time for many has already exceeded the current average and they're still waiting.

I think I'll contact my MP's office to have them look into my application once I pass the current processing time and if I still don't have my open WP then.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
WOooww, Four months to renew a work permit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany has welcomed around 700,000 refugees this year, most of them are getting their PR within four months. And we in here are struggling with a work permit extension !!!!!!!! JEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ man.
Oh conservative !!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
syrian-g said:
WOooww, Four months to renew a work permit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany has welcomed around 700,000 refugees this year, most of them are getting their PR within four months. And we in here are struggling with a work permit extension !!!!!!!! JEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ man.
Oh conservative !!
You're welcome to leave and fly to Germany :p

If I were a true war refugee the last thing I would do is complain about processing times.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Aquakitty said:

If I were a true war refugee the last thing I would do is complain about processing times.
I was expressing my thought .You are welcome to mind your own business. And sure i can fly to Germany,once you fly back to where you or your ancestor came from.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Aquakitty said:

Aquakitty....refugees need a fast timeline or they complain about the processing times because it is the processing of their documents which enables them to start/continue to work for living, enables them to re-unite with their families (many wait for years due to the long processing time to get re-united with their loved ones), slow processing of documents makes a refugee bound to limited or no option regarding jobs. dont you think a refugee is a human and he must have a chance to live smoothly???? shudnt he be concerned about the processing timeline????

You just had to deal with document processing regarding your spouse sponsor and at some stages you nearly had an HEART ATTACK and you keep on looking at your mail box for brown envelop (as quoted by you in your posts)...YOu are lucky that you are not a refugee otherwise you wont have seen your spouse/partner for years due to this long processing timelines. and sorry to say if you have your PR/citizenship in your pocket, it still doesn't means that you should tell someone to leave Canada. yes i am sure every refugee will leave canada if it was your father's land..:)
despite the fact that timelines effects the smooth settlement of refugee still i am sure every refugee is greatfull and thankfull to canada to give them the protection and i am sure we refugees here love canada more than people like you.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
kriv said:
Aquakitty....refugees need a fast timeline or they complain about the processing times because it is the processing of their documents which enables them to start/continue to work for living, enables them to re-unite with their families (many wait for years due to the long processing time to get re-united with their loved ones), slow processing of documents makes a refugee bound to limited or no option regarding jobs. dont you think a refugee is a human and he must have a chance to live smoothly???? shudnt he be concerned about the processing timeline????

You just had to deal with document processing regarding your spouse sponsor and at some stages you nearly had an HEART ATTACK and you keep on looking at your mail box for brown envelop (as quoted by you in your posts)...YOu are lucky that you are not a refugee otherwise you wont have seen your spouse/partner for years due to this long processing timelines. and sorry to say if you have your PR/citizenship in your pocket, it still doesn't means that you should tell someone to leave Canada. yes i am sure every refugee will leave canada if it was your father's land..:)
despite the fact that timelines effects the smooth settlement of refugee still i am sure every refugee is greatfull and thankfull to canada to give them the protection and i am sure we refugees here love canada more than people like you.

@Kriv : Don't worry man , this lady is just like newtone , they both live in a house made of glass and throw people with stones . She had spouse without status in Canada and the other memebr is an Indian rants on immigrants.
It is called bipolar disorder .
It is really hard to deal with this kind of mentality, just remind them of who they actually are.

aaaasaher

Aug 28, 2015
Hi
I get the G number from cic ( permanent residence) but when entered to check application status i see the first name is not match with the name on the passport, so what can I do?
Please help

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
@syrian-g
YOu are right...it is serious mental disorder. :)

@aaaasaher

aaaasaher said:
Hi
I get the G number from cic ( permanent residence) but when entered to check application status i see the first name is not match with the name on the passport, so what can I do?
Please help
most probably you must have filled your forms incorrectly or with errors (as quoted by you in your other post). as you now have an application number you MUST update/fix all the errors in your application by sending cic (your case processing unit) a correctly filled application form with a letter of explanation.
if you think you have filled every thing correctly (by reviewing the copy of application you have with you) and it is a mistake by CIC then write them a letter explaining the mistake and it will be fixed.

About the delay in processing: it doesnt matter because you wud not like to get refused based on providing wrong information (misrepresentation). so dont think about the timeline for now and get your application fixed. generally a delay depends on the stage at which your application is right now. if assumed that your application is at initial stages then most likely you will not feel the delay or it wont have any impact on your application timeline.

i hope it helps

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does service Canada grant SIN Number for implied status people? I heard that SIN lasts for 2 months if your work permit has been delayed due to administrate delays. Anyone aware of this?

shab84

Sep 8, 2012
Hi

I am on refugee status my work permit is expiring in December I am trying to apply for renewal but I am having problem validating forms. My passport is expired and its with CIC I entered original date of expiry in forms and tried to validate form it did not work got an error saying expiry date can not be less than current date. I am confused what should I do. Help will be appreciated.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

MyPRNow

Sep 9, 2015
It seems like we will have to wait longer... I can calm down now as i see those who applied in JUNE and JULY are still waiting.
I just applied on August 2nd, and I still have a month or 2 to wait, so I may ADVISE you all guys, we will be having to apply 6 months
before the current Work Permit expires that is the SOLUTION we have to find to this CARELESSNESS!

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
MyPRNow said:
It seems like we will have to wait longer... I can calm down now as i see those who applied in JUNE and JULY are still waiting.
I just applied on August 2nd, and I still have a month or 2 to wait, so I may ADVISE you all guys, we will be having to apply 6 months
before the current Work Permit expires that is the SOLUTION we have to find to this CARELESSNESS!
I applied my work permit in the month of June and yet no answer (4months-15 days and still waiting).. :)
if we apply to early they will send back the application saying it is too early to apply for the next work permit request and please apply when you are close to the expiry of your current permit...;)
Due to this delay in processing work permits i have seen many in serious problems. i know some one who's pay is on hold for the last 2 months as his SIN number is expired and he cannot renew his SIN number with a valid work permit.