+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension help

gillgilll

Dec 28, 2013
Hi

I was on Post graduation work permit in canada. I had my file under process in MPNP, while i was waiting for my approval from MPNP my work permit got expired on August 02, 2015. And applied for work permit just to remain in implied status as suggested to MPNP office on July 28, 2015 ( before my work permit expires) . So right now I am on my implied status and fortunately my MPNP got approved this week and i got a support letter from MPNP office to apply new work permit. My employer submited the LMIA exempt form and paid the fee also. Means I am all set to apply for work permit now.

Wanted to know if I can still apply my WP under normal conditions as i have valid implied status, or i have to apply for restoration of my status.

Please help me with best of your knowledge. I'll be really thankful

Gill

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
gillgilll said:
Hi

I was on Post graduation work permit in canada. I had my file under process in MPNP, while i was waiting for my approval from MPNP my work permit got expired on August 02, 2015. And applied for work permit just to remain in implied status as suggested to MPNP office on July 28, 2015 ( before my work permit expires) . So right now I am on my implied status and fortunately my MPNP got approved this week and i got a support letter from MPNP office to apply new work permit. My employer submited the LMIA exempt form and paid the fee also. Means I am all set to apply for work permit now.

Wanted to know if I can still apply my WP under normal conditions as i have valid implied status, or i have to apply for restoration of my status.

Please help me with best of your knowledge. I'll be really thankful

Gill

I suggest call CIC and ask them if you can apply for two work permit applications at the same time (one - with a new employer, other - open I believe (which u have already applied)

I think you will have to restore your status this time but if you do this way then you cannot work till you get a decision from CIC.

Also, just wondering when did you apply for your MPNP? Wants to see how long they are taking these days with their new system.

devildriver

Aug 20, 2015
Hi,

I'm on a W1 permit/Visa in Quebec since Jan 2015 both expiring early next year. I'm with my wife and Child - them being on a Visitor Visa for the same term.
A. Can my wife apply for a OWP. This would be for the same term as the Visa we've got. Can it get extended?
B. If I leave the company, can I apply for a OWP for an Extension? When would be a suitable time since its about 5 months away.
C. We're also planning to apply for a PR in FSWP. Shall I go for the WP or the FSW first.

Thanks,
D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
devildriver said:
Hi,

I'm on a W1 permit/Visa in Quebec since Jan 2015 both expiring early next year. I'm with my wife and Child - them being on a Visitor Visa for the same term.
A. Can my wife apply for a OWP. This would be for the same term as the Visa we've got. Can it get extended?
B. If I leave the company, can I apply for a OWP for an Extension? When would be a suitable time since its about 5 months away.
C. We're also planning to apply for a PR in FSWP. Shall I go for the WP or the FSW first.
A. Yes - she can apply. She can only get an extension if your work permit is extended since her OWP is dependent on your work permit.
B. I don't understand this question. Again, your wife can only extend her OWP if your closed work permit is extended. If you are asking if you can apply for an OWP if you leave your company - the answer is no.
C. Your choice.

Laurel

Jul 28, 2015
My owp under lcp will be expired soon, i will renew it how come they are asking for medical? , my son is with me under student permit, that would be two diffrent application right?

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Hi,

I have a similar situation. I applied for an extension of my work permit to get more time to get my MPNP Nomination.

I received my nomination a couple weeks ago and sent it to CIC. A few days ago I received a letter refusing the extension of my work permit so Im currently out of status.

My employer gave me leave of abscence until I sort everything out. I was going to apply for restoration of status but it takes about 115 days so Ill be stuck in Canada without working.

If I go back to my home country the process to issue a new visa is only one month. If I go back to do this, would my nomination be revoked since Im no longer working in Mb?

I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is. Please help!

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Dchezmo said:
Hi,

I have a similar situation. I applied for an extension of my work permit to get more time to get my MPNP Nomination.

I received my nomination a couple weeks ago and sent it to CIC. A few days ago I received a letter refusing the extension of my work permit so Im currently out of status.

My employer gave me leave of abscence until I sort everything out. I was going to apply for restoration of status but it takes about 115 days so Ill be stuck in Canada without working.

If I go back to my home country the process to issue a new visa is only one month. If I go back to do this, would my nomination be revoked since Im no longer working in Mb?

I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is. Please help!
I suggest you to contact MPNP office and discuss with them about your situation and I don't think so going back to your country till you get your work permit will revoke your nomination.

But you should apply for PR ASAP.

You can also ask your employer to contact MPNP that he needs you to start work again and you don't have a valid WP. MPNP might help you to get it restored faster.

Contacting your local MP might help as well.