+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension for protected person

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi I'm protected person I applied for work permit extension but received a letter to pay fees
hey, is it the biometric fee letter? if yes I got the same letter as well and then maybe 1 week later I got another letter saying I am exempt from the fees.

Dont pay anything, wait for the second letter or call IRCC and make them send you the exemption letter (its the one you will need to print out and take for your biometric appointment at service canada)

Jimmy4u

Jul 18, 2019
Hi this in the letter
Submissions: You are required to provide applicable fees in the amount of $240.00 (Work
Permit fee payment of $155.00 and Biometrics Fee Payment of $85). This fee must be paid at the
following link: Online Payment (cic.gc.ca)

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi this in the letter
Submissions: You are required to provide applicable fees in the amount of $240.00 (Work
Permit fee payment of $155.00 and Biometrics Fee Payment of $85). This fee must be paid at the
following link: Online Payment (cic.gc.ca)
I got the biometric exemption letter 3 days after I got the letter saying i need to pay the fee. It did not ask for a work permit fee. I would either wait a few days after the letter or call IRCC to sort it out

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
As a refugee claimant or convention refugee, there is no fee for renewal of the work permit. I just renewed my worked permit for the 3rd or 4th time and have not paid any fees. the link @Olives shared above shows the exemption.
Hi @ref19to22,

May I ask you a question?
What was your answer to the question "How long are you planning to stay in Canada?" More than 6 months or less than 6 months?

Thank you.

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
hi there, I believe I chose less than 6 months. good luck!
Hi @ref19to22.

Thank you for your answer.
I found out that if we answer more than 6 months, we need to do a medical examination.
I have one last question if you don't mind. How long is the period you get for each extension?
Thank you & have a good day.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi @ref19to22.

Thank you for your answer.
I found out that if we answer more than 6 months, we need to do a medical examination.
I have one last question if you don't mind. How long is the period you get for each extension?
Thank you & have a good day.
Yeah you dont need a medical to renew your work permit.

I got my renewal for 2 years, then 1 month later I got my PR

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Yeah you dont need a medical to renew your work permit.

I got my renewal for 2 years, then 1 month later I got my PR
Hi @ref19to22.

Thanks for you answer.
Previously, I thought that if we answer less than 6 months, they will only give a 6-month extension. That's why I asked you about your answer.
Once again, thanks for your answer, and congratulations on your PR. I wish you a wonderful life here.

Have a nice weekend!

Reactions: ref19to22

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hello!
Were you asked to provide proof of fee exemption in supporting documents? If yes, what did you provide?
Yes, I received a letter online from IRCC saying with the subject Biometric Instruction Letter that is 3 pages, the second page has the exemption listed and says I have to take the letter with me as proof of payment or exemption. Hope this helps!

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Yes, I received a letter online from IRCC saying with the subject Biometric Instruction Letter that is 3 pages, the second page has the exemption listed and says I have to take the letter with me as proof of payment or exemption. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply. I see on supporting documents that I have to include a digital photo, did you have to include one?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thank you for your reply. I see on supporting documents that I have to include a digital photo, did you have to include one?
i didnt need a digital photo for my work permit application or to give biometrics. they took a photo of me at service canada when I gave them my fingerprints.

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
i didnt need a digital photo for my work permit application or to give biometrics. they took a photo of me at service canada when I gave them my fingerprints.
Ok thanks! They took mine too but i don’t know why they are asking for it again. Anyways I will just include it, since they asked.

Reactions: ref19to22

Ma2252

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hi friends - when i answer the questionnaire, it does not give me the renew your work permit option. I only get apply for work permit. Any tips and tricks friends? Thank you for your help.