+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension for protected person

Tylerbronze

Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question, I'm a protected person and my open work permit is about to expire next month, I have applied for an extension online last week, and I was wondering how long does it take usually to be approved? If anyone has experience with this I'd love to know the timeline.

Thanks a lot in advance

Reactions: Zaman_99 and Me348

Funinthesun

Nov 12, 2022
If you haven’t gotten a negative decision as yet you don’t have to pay however if u already got a negative decision you have to pay. I applied by mail and mine took 3 months but I received an email to say it would be approved in 2 months.

Me348

Jul 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question, I'm a protected person and my open work permit is about to expire next month, I have applied for an extension online last week, and I was wondering how long does it take usually to be approved? If anyone has experience with this I'd love to know the timeline.

Thanks a lot in advance
Did u Apply it for renewal or u r looking to renew

Seti Akhavan

Oct 12, 2023
I am applying to extend my friend's work permit, who is a protected person. But my question is what should I enter as a passport number, since his passport has already expired?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
I am applying to extend my friend's work permit, who is a protected person. But my question is what should I enter as a passport number, since his passport has already expired?
You should have copy of passport before you give them to immigration. If you cant find it you should call ircc and ask.

Me348

Jul 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot in advance
Did u receive ur work permit please share timeline

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
As a protected person you dont have to pay any fees , i applied online through the ircc account.
Hi, I tried finding the link to apply for work permit as a protected person but I could not make through. IRCC account only has option for visitor visa, study permit. Can you provide more information on this, please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I tried finding the link to apply for work permit as a protected person but I could not make through. IRCC account only has option for visitor visa, study permit. Can you provide more information on this, please?
You need to apply for OWP extension and will be prompted to answer questions which should lead you to the proper application. Some of the screening questions should make you select that you are a protected person and have applied for PR.

Reactions: theclaimer

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
You need to apply for OWP extension and will be prompted to answer questions which should lead you to the proper application. Some of the screening questions should make you select that you are a protected person and have applied for PR.
Thanks for your reply. But in IRCC portal there is no option for Work permit. Is there any other portal for this?

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
I found it. Its the IRCC Secure account. (GCKey). Thanks!