+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension for protected person

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
If you haven’t gotten a negative decision as yet you don’t have to pay however if u already got a negative decision you have to pay. I applied by mail and mine took 3 months but I received an email to say it would be approved in 2 months.
the person got accepted that's the reason he can dress himself as a protected person.

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Thanks for your reply. But in IRCC portal there is no option for Work permit. Is there any other portal for this?
hi,
Did you get the link for work permit, mine is going to expire and i am trying to find but not possible. can anyone guide me.
i already made GCKey account but cant find it

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
hi,
Did you get the link for work permit, mine is going to expire and i am trying to find but not possible. can anyone guide me.
i already made GCKey account but cant find it
Hi,
In the GCKey account click you want to come to Canada. On the next page, click for work, Less than 6 months, and then you'll find Refugee. After that follow the steps. Till this step, I found out how to apply. I have not completed it yet. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ref19to22

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
For first-time renewal - No.
Onward - yes. ( I know one person whose renewal was a second time, and she had to pay $255, when she tried to renew for a second time without fees, it got rejected. )

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
For first-time renewal - No.
Onward - yes. ( I know one person whose renewal was a second time, and she had to pay $255, when she tried to renew for a second time without fees, it got rejected. )
As a refugee claimant or convention refugee, there is no fee for renewal of the work permit. I just renewed my worked permit for the 3rd or 4th time and have not paid any fees. the link @Olives shared above shows the exemption.

Reactions: theclaimer

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
As a refugee claimant or convention refugee, there is no fee for renewal of the work permit. I just renewed my worked permit for the 3rd or 4th time and have not paid any fees. the link @Olives shared above shows the exemption.
This sounds great. I know someone who's second time renewal was rejected and she received a letter that she needs to pay $255. I would definitely let her know.
Thanks!

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
You need to apply for OWP extension and will be prompted to answer questions which should lead you to the proper application. Some of the screening questions should make you select that you are a protected person and have applied for PR.
Can you send me the link to extension of open work permit renewal and SIN renewal for protected person.
And how many days before it expires should it be applied?

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Reactions: iftikhar0022

Jimmy4u

Jul 18, 2019
Hi! Did you pay the fees online? Are you accepted?
I heard, as a claimant you do not need to pay for the fees. Then how to do it? By mail? Thanks!
Hi I'm protected person I applied for work permit extension but received a letter to pay fees