+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will i get a job?

nehamaan

Jun 4, 2015
hey i am planning to do a post grad diploma in business management from humber university.
i need to know if there are jobs available in canada.
or shud i do pg diploma in event management?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
HaHaHa ;D. All I can say u is, if ur ready to work then Canada has a job fr u fr sure. If ur good at making contacts and interacting with people, u will get a job of ur choice in the province of ur choice. One more highlight fr u, based on the stats most of the Canadian population will retire soon, which will open up more job markets 8)

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
My personal experience. I have been in Canada fr 6yrs. Came to Canada with no contacts, 2000CAD in my hand and 1yr fees paid for my college,but I was willing to work in any job when I was studying. Worked in pizza shop,gas station,KFC and some labor work, all this was part-time I was able to get all these jobs with just phone calls and dropping of resumes.

Attended seminars,conferences,made a lot of industry contacts when studying and waited to do the right co-op. Got 3 good co-op jobs one after other and made it as an Airport Manager right after my graduation (But the catch is tht,this was offered in Northern Manitoba. I took up the job to gain some experience). When working there I made more contacts and made my way back to a city. Now working as an ADM in St.John's(awesome pay,nice people and my dream job). As long as ur willing to work hard and make some good contacts, Canada is a land of opportunities.

Everything cannot be published in a newspaper.U have to learn frm others experience and path to success "is this published in the canadian news paper"
But I also have some vital stats for u, according to Statitics Canada 60%-70% of the Canadian population is getting retired soon.

Check this out .. http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/91-003-x/2007001/4129904-eng.htm

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Don't worry too much. Work hard, concentrate on ur education and leave the rest to GOD. Most important thing, never give up hope, u never know when u will strike the gold.

Best of luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nehamaan said:
hey i am planning to do a post grad diploma in business management from humber university.
Here's the real answer. There is no guarantee you will get a job in your field after you graduate. You may or you may not - no one here can predict that. Business tends to prefer degrees over diplomas (especially big organizations like the banks). I would avoid event management. It's very difficult to break into this field (lots of people looking for jobs and not enough openings).

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
"Here's the real answer. There is no guarantee you will get a job in your field after you graduate. You may or you may not - no one here can predict that." - This is a most obvious answer.

Any country u try fr a job there is obviously competition. But it also depends on whether the candidate is willing to relocate and adapt to situations (my argument is jobs fr this kind of candidate is more in Canada,due to many remote locations).

Moreover Management is a very wide scope. I did Aviation management & project management, with my course I could work as a baggage handler or even an Airport Manager, it completely depends on how good ur at wht u do and how u can project urself.

Event Management is not a bad selection,but u will see a lot of competition in this field. Anything in business is very competitive,since most international students go fr these courses.

Schylla,is right abt grads getting better pay then diploma holders. Even I had completed my Aeronautical Engg. before I came to Canada

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
nehamaan said:
Hahahaha......What a Q!! Even a future predictor can't answer that.One thing is for sure be ready to work hard & do lots of networking

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
seena said:
wow dennia.... you are rocking person....

thats what i want to listen... well I have same situation.... belongs to middle class family... preparing my self for tough jobs... waiting for VISA.. will have little money in my hand... but have big dreams... enthusiastic about those dreams to come true.... CANADA you know what my childhood dream.. I wish I could come... and execute whateva I saw in dreams...... inshAllah
thanx for such a great response...

(news paper wali baat mzak mai kahi thee :p)

have a good day
Hahaha.......What a U turn :p :p :p

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
nehamaan said:
well very difficult to answer this question but here are my 2 cents. Getting a job does not just depend on a course. There are a lot of factors needed to find a job like networking, ur soft skills, ur luck, ur grades, ur course, ur past experience etc to name a few. It is getting tougher for international students to get a job. CIC has now made it a requirement for employers to notify CIC if they are hiring foreigners/open work permit holders. which inturn makes employers not hire open work permit(PGWP) holders.
PR has become difficult for PGWP holders. express entry is not a sure shot way to get PR. It is not as rosy as the agents make it sound ...picture here is very different. people have made it in the past but its getting very difficult. So think twice before choosing canada and before spending a lot of money on education. My personal opinion dont take a loan and come to study in canada hoping its all green pastures here.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
My explanation was not a U turn, but just a reality in life. There is obviously + and - in life, it always depends on individuals and how well they handle it.

I m just explaining the facts. If ur goin to be scared with all the people who r goin to put u down, u will never succeed in life. Take a chance, I know its a lot to risk,but ur investing on urslef,so if u r motivated and u work hard anything is possible.

I didnt come up in life,without hearing all these comments, everyday frm everyone arnd me. " Ur an international student - u cannot make it in aviation industry in Canada,u cannot get ur security clearence, u cannot get a job because u have Bachelors in Aeronautical, u cannot make it into management fr sure", all these r just examples of wht i heard frm my friendly critics. There is a whole bunch of people who like blaming on things without working hard.

Luck also plays a huge role in getting a job.So best of luck.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Dennia said:
My explanation was not a U turn, but just a reality in life. There is obviously + and - in life, it always depends on individuals and how well they handle it.

I m just explaining the facts. If ur goin to be scared with all the people who r goin to put u down, u will never succeed in life. Take a chance, I know its a lot to risk,but ur investing on urslef,so if u r motivated and u work hard anything is possible.

I didnt come up in life,without hearing all these comments, everyday frm everyone arnd me. " Ur an international student - u cannot make it in aviation industry in Canada,u cannot get ur security clearence, u cannot get a job because u have Bachelors in Aeronautical, u cannot make it into management fr sure", all these r just examples of wht i heard frm my friendly critics. There is a whole bunch of people who like blaming on things without working hard.

Luck also plays a huge role in getting a job.So best of luck.
U turn comment not for you ..Read carefully above!!!
Also, stop repeating your self ....Everyone knows that one has to work hard at new place, spl if you are an outsider. Nor you are alone who has made it ......lots of people have become Managers ,Senior Managers in big firms with their hard work & dedication........So I see your point but stop beating your own trumpet time & again, just bcoz some newbie asked a silly question!

f_karar

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-8-2015
cute_guy said:
Also, stop repeating your self ....Everyone knows that one has to work hard at new place, spl if you are an outsider. Nor you are alone who has made it ......lots of people have become Managers ,Senior Managers in big firms with their hard work & dedication........So I see your point but stop beating your own trumpet time & again, just bcoz some newbie asked a silly question!
Buddy chill please ... Dont be rude, we all are here to help each other ...

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
No offense taken buddy. Not trying to trumpet. All I am saying is there are people who have proved it. I learned it frm them.

Look at people above u and not below u,learn and never give up hope. I will not be where I am, if it was not for my one frnd who helped me learn the process and other people who discouraged me. There is always hope fr students thts all I am trying to prove,showing me as an example. Millions of people have proved it in Canada and millions more anxious and waiting fr a chance to prove.

I apologize,with the U turn comment. I just read the old post and realized ur comment was not fr me

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cute_guy said:
Cool down your temper. Its a forum and somebody asked for help