+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why nobody response to my apply (I am a Software Developer - Newcomer)

hurata

Nov 17, 2023
Hello, I came to Kitchener 2 month ago and I think applyed almost 200 - 250 work ad. But nobody response to my apply. I can't understand this.
I have 6 years experience and I am wrote good cover letter every company. But there is no response.
I used indeed, linkedin, jobbank for look at the work.

Can your give me suggestion about this stiations?

Deep Note : Sorry my english. I am still learning and I use professional English in my applications and cover letters. I get help from artificial intelligence for grammar

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I came to Kitchener 2 month ago and I think applyed almost 200 - 250 work ad. But nobody response to my apply. I can't understand this.
I have 6 years experience and I am wrote good cover letter every company. But there is no response.

Deep Note : Sorry my english. I am still learning and I use professional English in my applications and cover letters. I get help from artificial intelligence for grammar
Are you a PR?

I would recommend focusing as much as possible on improving your English.

Reactions: hurata

hurata

Nov 17, 2023
Are you a PR?

I would recommend focusing as much as possible on improving your English.
İf you meant "Do you have a PR" I don't have PR I have Work permit. "If you meant Are you a HR" No I am a Developer. Thank you for your Suggestions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
İf you meant "Do you have a PR" I don't have PR I have Work permit. "If you meant Are you a HR" No I am a Developer. Thank you for your Suggestions
No, I mean PR. PR = permanent resident.

But you have answered my question. It sounds like you are here on a work permit. I assume it is an open work permit?

I would very strongly recommend you focus on improving your English. You will struggle to secure a job without this. Even though you have used AI, your post has major grammatical errors. If your cover letter / resume has similar gramatical errors, that would be a good reason why no one is contacting you.

Reactions: YVR123

hurata

Nov 17, 2023
No, I mean PR. PR = permanent resident.

But you have answered my question. It sounds like you are here on a work permit. I assume it is an open work permit?

I would very strongly recommend you focus on improving your English. You will struggle to secure a job without this. Even though you have used AI, your post has major grammatical errors. If your cover letter / resume has similar gramatical errors, that would be a good reason why no one is contacting you.
Yeah I have a Open Work Permit. I don't have PR. No I don't use AI with speak with you. Because I need to grow up :) AI just for Cover letter and Cv. By the way do you have any guess about How long get a job in Canada about software development

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I have a Open Work Permit. I don't have PR. No I don't use AI with speak with you. Because I need to grow up :) AI just for Cover letter and Cv. By the way do you have any guess about How long get a job in Canada about software development
No one can guess how long.

AusCad

Aug 29, 2022

My bro don't give up. Moving to a new country is not easy, you'd find work soon. Keep improving

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

How do you qualify for an OWP? There have been large tech layoffs in the past year and not a ton of higher. Do you have experience in large tech companies? Canadian phone number and address? You shouldn’t limit yourself to KW. You should be applying throughout Canada.

hurata

Nov 17, 2023
How do you qualify for an OWP? There have been large tech layoffs in the past year and not a ton of higher. Do you have experience in large tech companies? Canadian phone number and address? You shouldn’t limit yourself to KW. You should be applying throughout Canada.
I came to Canada after the big earthquake in Turkey and Canada had determined an OWP program for Turkish and Syrian citizens. Yes, I look at jobs all over Canada. Location doesn't matter to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came to Canada after the big earthquake in Turkey and Canada had determined an OWP program for Turkish and Syrian citizens. Yes, I look at jobs all over Canada. Location doesn't matter to me.
Were you living in the region severely affected by the earthquake? If your home was destroyed how come you only arrived 2 months ago? Sadly there have been a lot of abuse of the permits and IRCC is overly trustworthy and doesn’t always do their research.

Reactions: foodie69

hurata

Nov 17, 2023
Were you living in the region severely affected by the earthquake? If your home was destroyed how come you only arrived 2 months ago? Sadly there have been a lot of abuse of the permits and IRCC is overly trustworthy and doesn’t always do their research.
I don't think it's right to talk about such things here, but let me explain, my friend. I lost my relatives, my house, my car. I lived in a tent and container house for a while. Then I changed the city and lived with a friend and now I'm here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think it's right to talk about such things here, but let me explain, my friend. I lost my relatives, my house, my car. I lived in a tent and container house for a while. Then I changed the city and lived with a friend and now I'm here.
The earthquake has not happened recently so most employers will not put two and two together. In general this is a tough time for tech jobs and jobs in general given Canada is likely in a recession. As you are finding out it is difficult to break into the Canadian job market without Canadian experience, connections or employment history with large multinationals. It is usually easier with tech jobs because skills can be evaluated more easily but given large layoffs this year, large increase in population and the ability to apply for WPs from Canada without a visa exempt passport means that there are a lot of available workers without a lot of jobs except in certain fields like healthcare. There is also very little hiring done between mid-November to mid-January except seasonal jobs.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

The lack of response from online job applications happens because of:
1. you not being competitive enough in the job market
2. your resume is poor
3. you haven't really applied to a lot of jobs - you said you applied to 200-250, the usual response rate to mass applications is 1%, given the recession, it is expected to be 0.5% or less. You need to apply for way more jobs, if you are going to follow spray and pray model to apply for jobs (same resume for all jobs)
4. online job applications have a search visibility problem where it is 100% upto the gatekeeper to read your application, with 1000s of applicants, the likeliness that your application will be viewed gets reduced

You need to meet someone and get your application reviewed(resume, cover letter, etc). There are tons of volunteering/free mentoring services available in Canada (find them online through Google search) where you can get some help. Without seeing your resume and then evaluating what jobs you are applying to, I(or anyone else) won't be able to provide advice that's actionable. You'll also have to find someone who knows your field and can guide you a bit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d probably look to see if any organizations in your community offer English as a Second Language classes. Doesn't really matter where you look for a job in Canada, ( except Quebec, then French), you must be able to communicate effectively in English