+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why nobody response to my apply (I am a Software Developer - Newcomer)

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Are you getting any interviews ? if you are not getting any responses may be move to another place with less competition

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
That's not relevant when someone is applying online.
What's not relevant ? moving ? its matter what address you are putting on your resume! if you are sitting in Kitchener with a Kitchener address on resume you will not going to get a job in calgary or vancover as a new comer!

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
What's not relevant ? moving ? its matter what address you are putting on your resume! if you are sitting in Kitchener with a Kitchener address on resume you will not going to get a job in calgary or vancover as a new comer!
Don't put the address on your resume, email and phone is enough

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
First of all, never put 'address' in your resume. Most of us outright reject resumes with personal info as screening those manually invites liability.

Second of all, you don't need to move to another place, one can simply change their location in resume. You suggested the former.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I disagree, If you are not able to get a job in your desired field move to another province or may be to another place where the competition is not tight, Once you get some experience working in Canada move back to your desired place that will help you to get job easier

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yeah I have a Open Work Permit. I don't have PR. No I don't use AI with speak with you. Because I need to grow up :) AI just for Cover letter and Cv. By the way do you have any guess about How long get a job in Canada about software development
Currently, job market is slightly tighter in tech jobs, including software engineering. There have been layoffs all over the industry which means a higher than the usual number of folks have been seeking jobs.

I will suggest you to seek help from a recruiting agent of some sort. Also, if you have any friend who knows English better than you do --especially if they are native speaker-- ask them to review your CV and cover letter.

Lastly, your job experience from before you came here needs to be verifiable. If you worked in say Turkish companies exclusively, you will have hard time getting response because it will be hard for your prospective employer to vett your experience. However if you have some skills that are in higher demand, you will get better response.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I disagree, If you are not able to get a job in your desired field move to another province or may be to another place where the competition is not tight, Once you get some experience working in Canada move back to your desired place that will help you to get job easier
Point is, OP can apply to jobs from where they are without moving. It makes no sense to move like a nomad without simply changing Kitchener, ON to Halifax, NS in resume/Linkedin - OP should see the response first and then move. Moving is always expensive, so there has to be a much more stronger reason behind it.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello, I came to Kitchener 2 month ago and I think applyed almost 200 - 250 work ad. But nobody response to my apply. I can't understand this.
I have 6 years experience and I am wrote good cover letter every company. But there is no response.
I used indeed, linkedin, jobbank for look at the work.

Can your give me suggestion about this stiations?
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Deep Note : Sorry my english. I am still learning and I use professional English in my applications and cover letters. I get help from artificial intelligence for grammar

Last edited: