+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why EE has been designed like this - An Analysis

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
bud_weiser said:
I normally as a rule stay out of this crap of how unfair the system is to PGWP and people from outside Canada ext but here it is. Every one need to stop and pick up the lipstick and realize that the playing field is as level as it comes. We all from other countries that's where it start with a choice and a choice what programm. So we all start equal. The choice is if you wane take the easy road spend money get educated and 3 year PGWP then cry like a baby when it's done. Or some invest time and money to get on a plain land a AB 0 job invest a year of work and do the program get 600 points and qualify. It's no different whether u in Canada or outside we all start with a choice .......u want a Lima get off your butt fly here and get it you don't want it and gamble on a 300-450 score then don't criticize a system. Lima is available u just have to invest and find it and be prepared to take a step down get dirty but main issue is every one has a Mba masters ext and they put them self on a chair get off it and don't criticize the guys that's prepared to be part of 7700000 and roll the sleeves up get a pnp Lima and reach the goal.
For many who aspire to come to Canada, they cannot just get on a plane and come and look for a job offering an LMIA. Many have to qualify for a temp resident visa before they can enter the country. In order to get a TRV they have to show proof of employment, property ownership, strong ties to their country, etc. Many of these hurdles could not even be passed by a multitude of those who are fortunate enough to live in visa-exempt countries.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
For many who aspire to come to Canada, they cannot just get on a plane and come and look for a job offering an LMIA. Many have to qualify for a temp resident visa before they can enter the country. In order to get a TRV they have to show proof of employment, property ownership, strong ties to their country, etc. Many of these hurdles could not even be passed by a multitude of those who are fortunate enough to live in visa-exempt countries.
Thank you very much for making a very valid point! Get on a plane and fly to Canada just like that as if Canada is next door. Some people just write stuffs without actually thinking before they write. +1 for you.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
Pippin said:
I agree with crs of 150 but guess all is entitled to a opinion I'm not from a visa exempt countries I had to prove this as well but I did and so did three quarters of a million others. We all had to bend over backwards and do what u had to. My point is what have you done about it if this is what u want. Be a house keeper in hotel I know many who has masters and do silly jobs but they downgrade to invest in future, and they get there with loads of my respect. But most winding crying people that say they unfairly treated in other countries and local want a 100k job with a tie and corner office trust me in my 2 years I've seEn this more often than not. Begging the company for a Lima job and when they have to get down and dirty they bail coz its beneath them. Companies also wise up that's why out of Canada applicants has it so hard coz the expectation exceed reality and companies lose points every time they cancell a Lima they risk not getting one again and super intensive audits coz of the cancellation amounts. So no no excuses I value your opinion and accePt there are less fortunate people I'm talking bout the 80% of guys looking down and believe they entitled by society as they better which is half the winders here. think about it if you apply on FSW you need 12000 odd so where do they get it they work so 90% of the trv is done. How's it a issue its not they just don't want to

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I think whole debate about in land Canada applicant vs outside candidates is irrelevant. Yes, there are certain things which may put the inland application in little better position, but I do not think that is the goal they are shooting for. They already had CEC, it was much easier to increase the quota of CEC to give more PR to inland applicants.

I think the Express Entry is a political tool. The conservative govt wants to make a point to the Canadian citizens (their voters) that they are providing better life to them by controlling immigration. If you are following CA's speeches on EE, the first speech after the first draw was how EE was successful by giving ITAs only to people with job offer/PNP. I think intention was clear...to maintain the level above 600 for some time. But too much negative publicity from PGWP guys forced him to do few draws below 600. That can be seen in one his recent speech where he said the biggest challenge he faced is the assumption that LMIA mandatory for EE.

I personally think the score will remain high until the election. Do not go by the target immigration numbers. They do not have to meet that number and they can also meet that number by just processing the last years applications faster. The same can be said to be true for 2016 to some extent.

For people interested to get PR, I would suggest try to get your score past 450 if you can not get PNP or LMIA. That is your best chance. Persons in 400-450 have some chances towards the end of the year and anybody below 400 has no chance this year in my view.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
pk_2015 said:
I think whole debate about in land Canada applicant vs outside candidates is irrelevant. Yes, there are certain things which may put the inland application in little better position, but I do not think that is the goal they are shooting for. They already had CEC, it was much easier to increase the quota of CEC to give more PR to inland applicants.

I think the Express Entry is a political tool. The conservative govt wants to make a point to the Canadian citizens (their voters) that they are providing better life to them by controlling immigration. If you are following CA's speeches on EE, the first speech after the first draw was how EE was successful by giving ITAs only to people with job offer/PNP. I think intention was clear...to maintain the level above 600 for some time. But too much negative publicity from PGWP guys forced him to do few draws below 600. That can be seen in one his recent speech where he said the biggest challenge he faced is the assumption that LMIA mandatory for EE.

I personally think the score will remain high until the election. Do not go by the target immigration numbers. They do not have to meet that number and they can also meet that number by just processing the last years applications faster. The same can be said to be true for 2016 to some extent.

For people interested to get PR, I would suggest try to get your score past 450 if you can not get PNP or LMIA. That is your best chance. Persons in 400-450 have some chances towards the end of the year and anybody below 400 has no chance this year in my view.
I see your point. I don't like debating nonsense just tired of seeing Lima guys getting slammed with crs of "150" in last draw I met super cool guys here and some helpful people that assisted me but also see this as a winding platform for some people too and it suck coz half of the opinions is from people with no clue

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
AshesNdust said:
The basic reason or EE design to do what is beneficial to Canada. Canada currently feels they immigrants with less common skills for jobs that cannot find enough Canadians to fill those jobs. That's pretty much it, not very complicated. The government has outright said this. So far, it seems to be working.
If you have the needed skills and aren't competing with a Canadian for a job it is NOT very hard for an employer to get a LMIA. I have gotten 3 from 3 different employers in less than 2 years. Two were for contract jobs, back when they were called LMOs, and recently one for a permanent job. None of them have taken more than 4 weeks to get.
The problems seem to happen when people discover that their employers haven't really followed the letter of the law. They either hire an immigrant at a job that a Canadian can do, thus they get told they could never get a positive LMIA for the job, or they are not being paid the prevailing wage which would again not allow them to be granted a positive LMIA. Both of these situations are exactly what the EE is trying to fix and prevent from happening.
I am sure that in the near future, Canada will decide that they do need a different skillset and then will tweek the point system or drop the total points for the ITA so more people can apply. Until then, I do think the EE is doing exactly what it was intended to do and that's most likely how the government views it as well.
We all have to remember, the EE is not designed to do what is right for us, but what the government and peopel of Canada think is right for their country.
thats because they are stupid enough to at least NOT provide a standard exam for foreigners on fields to at least make them employable, govt-backed certifiable and thus acceptable to canadian companies. what they do is they take in a lot of immigrants with high skill set and education, then put them in menial jobs because they did not earn their degree in university of regina, regardless whether these immigrants graduated in universities that have higher world ranking than university of regina or toronto. this is just discrimination pure and simple.

compare that to australia, who have WES certify your education and validate your work experience as part of the visa process so that when you get there, all you need to do is submit a resume online or walk-in to some recruiting companies and companies will hire you based on your qualification. why is it so complicated in canada? to think australia are thought to be more racist than canada.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Theo123 said:
thats because they are stupid enough to at least NOT provide a standard exam for foreigners on fields to at least make them employable, govt-backed certifiable and thus acceptable to canadian companies. what they do is they take in a lot of immigrants with high skill set and education, then put them in menial jobs because they did not earn their degree in university of regina, regardless whether these immigrants graduated in universities that have higher world ranking than university of regina or toronto. this is just discrimination pure and simple.

compare that to australia, who have WES certify your education and validate your work experience as part of the visa process so that when you get there, all you need to do is submit a resume online or walk-in to some recruiting companies and companies will hire you based on your qualification. why is it so complicated in canada? to think australia are thought to be more racist than canada.
Why should the government provide this? Companies can easily ask for it and people can easily supply it. I don't know one person in my field who had to do a menial job before coming into Canada on a LMIA. Grant, I know only about 120 people at various companies who went through this, but clearly it's not something everyone must do. Also, school has so little to do with job experience once you hit the 10-20 year mark. It's almost silly how many points you get for it. It seems to me that actual work experience should net way more points than a degree.
Temporary visas and work permits are just that, temporary. So why would they ask people for all this verification? The CIC website clearly states what you need when you want to apply for EE and PR. If someone doesn't look into the requirements then it's their fault and no one else's.
It doesn't seem complicated at all. What any other country does is not relavent as they have their own needs for their country. Racism has ZERO to do with it. Canada has decided what needs they have and what people are required to do to fullfill those needs.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
pk_2015 said:

I so agree by your view !! I don't feel there is any discrimination at the point between people inside Canada and outside Canada...We just need to wait for sometime and things will be clear as crystal !! There is no point in predicting and assuming things as at each and every scenario we have been bowled down with our predictions!! be it, there are not much LMIA PNP candidates (many draws were devoted just for them), points will not go below 600 (it did in 5th draw), ITAs will keep increasing (it didn't in 7th draw), points will keep falling until 400 atleast (dead again in 7th draw) etc etc... The only thing clear is Canada needs immigrants and it will definitely invite people more than what it is doing right now...It has clearly mentioned that through EE they want to select best candidates and if those best candidates are outside Canada then why not??..afterall for that very reason all of us have been put in one pool, else it cud have easily had two different pools !! Relax guys, we are just falling short of patience, hence too much of hustle bustle in our mind !! Each draw depresses me but at the end we need to be pragmatic!! Chill!! enjoy life till then !! YOLO !! ;D

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
This is just an opinion.. anybody can disagree with me and share his/her own views.

Though I am not feeling any happy about this to share with you, but anyways we need to accept this harsh reality. :( :(

pls check this post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-canada-cibc-report_n_7173778.html

This can be the purpose for which EE has been created..
There are presently more than 700,000 non-residents in Canada who are either on study visa (37.9%), work permit (49%) or on humanitarian/refugee ground (12.2%).
Above data can be checked from this link: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2894934/original.jpg

This data is published in a report by CIBC economist Benjamin Tal: http://research.cibcwm.com/economic_public/download/feature2.pdf

Now, if we see this data, it becomes very clear the way EE has been designed. It will become advantageous for all these Non -PR canadians to get the extra 600 points under CEC/LMIA/PNP for whatever route they take.
And this might not be the case for foreigners who are applying under EE without LMIA/PNP/CEC.
It is obvious that one can get LMIA, but everyone knows how much difficult it is for a foreigner to get an LMIA from outland CANADA, while any non-PR canadian is more accessible to such resources to get LMIA.
Same holds true for PNP, if you closely check the criterias of PNP, mostly all of them have placed a heavy emphasis on someone having valid job offer/previous study/relative-friend living in the province... which again is not the case for any foreigner EE applicant applying outland Canada.
And CEC is definitely not the cup of tea for foreigners for sure.

Moreover, I have seen posts of few of non-PR EE applicant who said that they don't even bother to make ECA and let go away the points for education, simply because they make the entry with higher CRS due to LMIA / CEC / PNP.

In a nutshell, if we look at the EE draws and the outcomes of these draws even to be held in future, at least it seems that for the year 2015, there will be very less opportunities for foreigners to get ITAs at all.

And I am saying this is because of additional 600 points awarded to EE applicant having LMIA/PNP. I am sure most of the foreigner EE applicant will be losing the entire 600 points here, and so they will be solely relying on their Human Core Capital Points, while competing with the Non-PR Canadians who are scoring higher with the benefit of additional 600 points for either LMIA / PNP.

Friends.. What do you think of this analysis??
I will definitely appreciate your comments/views/differences about this situation.
Sharing another similar post :
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-a_n_7172902.html

few lines from this post says..

"....He said many of people in this cohort of 384,200 non-permanent workers are in middle-income and professional jobs, and have every expectation of gaining status to remain in Canada.

That means they are boosting demand for rental properties and contributing to overall retail spending like other middle-income Canadians. Some are even taking the plunge into the housing market, despite their temporary status.

Because almost 95 per cent of these people are under age 45, they make up an important demographic of young workers, helping counteract the decline in the number of Canadian-born people in that age group...."

nndutta

Apr 28, 2015
I completely agree with your analysis. Albeit very short term goal without undermining the capabilities of people who are already there in Canada on various professions.

Canada offers 3 years of work right post any PG course , and Canada is cheaper than Australia or US for that matter. So we have a very large section of students who are already there in Canada . Canada is 7th most popular destination for international students. International student enrollment grew from 159,426 in 2003 to over 290,000 in 2013 ( + 84% ) .. Out of 290 K students , 55% belong to PG category and thereby qualifying for 3 years post work VISA. Canada derives $8B annually from international student expenditures including tuition and living expenses. This is no doubt a big business for Canada and they cant afford to let it go , hence they have to facilitate and keep some lucrative options for future students to enroll and the intake to grow YOY ..

Foreign nationals unless have a very strong network at Canada ( to manage PNP , Sponsorship etc.. ) DOES NOT STAND ANY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY EVEN to get through EEP-2015. Points are not going to climb below any further , the initial few draws bringing the score down to 455 , was a gimmick in that sense .. else the EEP would have invited lot many negative criticisms from all over the world. Now with every passing days , we all need to understand that we should all go back to our own work unless confident enough to manage a PNP or any offer through LMIA route ..

I am sorry , but this is what is likely the situation and a hard reality ..

munjal said:
This is just an opinion.. anybody can disagree with me and share his/her own views.

Though I am not feeling any happy about this to share with you, but anyways we need to accept this harsh reality. :( :(

pls check this post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-canada-cibc-report_n_7173778.html

This can be the purpose for which EE has been created..
There are presently more than 700,000 non-residents in Canada who are either on study visa (37.9%), work permit (49%) or on humanitarian/refugee ground (12.2%).
Above data can be checked from this link: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2894934/original.jpg

This data is published in a report by CIBC economist Benjamin Tal: http://research.cibcwm.com/economic_public/download/feature2.pdf

Now, if we see this data, it becomes very clear the way EE has been designed. It will become advantageous for all these Non -PR canadians to get the extra 600 points under CEC/LMIA/PNP for whatever route they take.
And this might not be the case for foreigners who are applying under EE without LMIA/PNP/CEC.
It is obvious that one can get LMIA, but everyone knows how much difficult it is for a foreigner to get an LMIA from outland CANADA, while any non-PR canadian is more accessible to such resources to get LMIA.
Same holds true for PNP, if you closely check the criterias of PNP, mostly all of them have placed a heavy emphasis on someone having valid job offer/previous study/relative-friend living in the province... which again is not the case for any foreigner EE applicant applying outland Canada.
And CEC is definitely not the cup of tea for foreigners for sure.

Moreover, I have seen posts of few of non-PR EE applicant who said that they don't even bother to make ECA and let go away the points for education, simply because they make the entry with higher CRS due to LMIA / CEC / PNP.

In a nutshell, if we look at the EE draws and the outcomes of these draws even to be held in future, at least it seems that for the year 2015, there will be very less opportunities for foreigners to get ITAs at all.

And I am saying this is because of additional 600 points awarded to EE applicant having LMIA/PNP. I am sure most of the foreigner EE applicant will be losing the entire 600 points here, and so they will be solely relying on their Human Core Capital Points, while competing with the Non-PR Canadians who are scoring higher with the benefit of additional 600 points for either LMIA / PNP.

Friends.. What do you think of this analysis??
I will definitely appreciate your comments/views/differences about this situation.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
bud_weiser said:
I see your point. I don't like debating nonsense just tired of seeing Lima guys getting slammed with crs of "150" in last draw I met super cool guys here and some helpful people that assisted me but also see this as a winding platform for some people too and it suck coz half of the opinions is from people with no clue
You my friend, is the real MVP. For people who think complaining about how the EE is designed or in favor of certain group of people could help them in any ways, please go right ahead. Like it's gonna give them extra point or something. Criticizing the system is perfectly fine, pushing the fire to other applicants and complain about how unfair it is...that's just being an annoying kid...and I feel like in primary school every time I see a post like this.

noesis

May 26, 2015
EE was not designed to cater to every applicant's specific situation. It was designed primarily to help companies fill workforce requirements, and reduce the overhead that was lost from the previous system where every application was given the same merit irrespective of how unsuited it was to Canada. Several companies need workers that they simply cannot get from the current Canadian market, there are severe shortages for the right skilled workers. This is particularly true for workers in the skilled trades section, and that is why the first few draws heavily favored people with LMIAs who applied from outside. But after that, being in Canada, either on a work-permit or a student visa, did not really give applicants from within Canada a significant advantage over people outside, purely in terms of the points system. In both cases the standard of your English/French, your education credentials and work experience are treated equally. The only difference comes when someone has work experience in Canada. In all these cases Canada is simply trying to attract people who would be able to adapt easily and contribute to their economy. This means that you can communicate effectively and are reasonably well qualified. If you just have a bachelors degree, a couple of years of experience in a techie job (quite a saturated field imo) and your CLB level isn't great, it is a touch unrealistic to expect that you have the credentials to get ahead of people you have graduate degrees in Canada and language assessment scores in the CLB 9-10 range. And its not that easy for candidates within Canada to get an LMIA offer or PNP. The system, like most things in Canada, is meritorious and fair.
If you have notions about "hush money" (another post), racism, or favoritism, then honestly you don't know Canada. I've lived in this country for 5 years and it is a wonderful country. This isn't the first country I've lived abroad in either. The system was designed to meet Canada's needs primarily and then to attract qualified candidates, and EE in particular was designed to make processing more efficient. Does it cater to political sensitivity? I haven't seen definitive proof of that.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Furthermore, Here are some very interesting and informative posts by some of expert forum members to share with you..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/really-want-to-understand-immigration-targets-read-this-t279551.0.html

dan_and said:
People are throwing around so many numbers for immigration targets and # of expected ITAs, it makes your head spin.

Turns out most of them haven't even bothered to check the facts. Let's start here - immigration targets for 2015:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-11-06.asp

Many forum members got excited about 260k-280k immigrants and think that 280k ITAs will be issued this year. Far from it. In fact, the immigration targets cannot even be easily transferred into # of ITAs, but I'll explain that later. Some analysis on the immigration targets to follow:

Observation 1:

The table contains all immigration categories, but only the economic immigration categories are administered by the Express Entry system. Those are:
  • FSW: 47k-51k
  • CEC: 21-23k
  • An unknown, but probably small share of PNP: 46-48k

I'm assuming that most people here are either applying under FSW or CEC, so that leaves 68k-74k for 2015

Observation 2:

The targets in the table are not ITAs or applications received, they refer to "admissions".

"The term “admissions” refers to people who arrive in Canada and become permanent residents."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/department/ips/index.asp

In plain English, this means that the targets refer to the people who actually arrive in Canada and activate their PR visa - rather than applications received.

Observation 3:

From the above, it follows that roughly 50% of the 2015 targets are irrelevant for EE ITAs in 2015: assuming the target 6 months' processing time under EE, everyone receiving an ITA after 30 June will only arrive in 2016, and hence be counted against the 2016 immigration target. Conversely, the backlog of previous years' applications will in fact count against this year's immigration target, provided the successful applicants arrive this year.

Observation 4:

The table outlines total admissions, i.e. it includes spouses and other dependents who will accompany the principal applicant. This means that the number of successful applications must be less than the numbers presented in the table above, possibly by quite a lot (depending on the number of average dependents across the board).

Observation 5:

To derive the number of target ITAs they should issue this year, CIC also needs to take into account that for each successful application, they need more ITAs (e.g. because not everyone responds to the ITA or their application is declined after it was reviewed).

So, to arrive at the target ITAs in 2015, the calculation CIC performs would look something like this:

Actual immigration target for Express Entry applicants (arrivals in H2 2015 and in H1 2016),
including down-adjustment for backlog from previous years

+ PR Visas not used / forfeited

= Total number of PR visas issued (number of persons covered in successful applications)

+ Number of persons covered in unsuccessful / withdrawn applications

= Number of persons covered in all applications processed (Operational Target)

- share of dependents and spouses

= Number of applications processed (number of primary applicants)

+ Number of ITAs not responded to / declined

= Number of ITAs to be issued in 2015

Hope this helps people understand the targets better. Also goes to show that something that is supposedly as obvious as the immigration targets is actually far for from it.

dan_and said:
Finally, another remark on this article:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/slow-start-for-express-entry-but-new-immigration-system-to-pick-up/article23887404/

As some of you may have read, Chris Alexanders mentions that "just 10 to 15 per cent of the immigrants who arrive in Canada this year will have been selected via the new Express Entry application system".

Some people have been concerned due to the low number, but considering what I have outlined in the OP, this is not surprising.

Firstly, the economic programs account for only ~42% of total admissions in the immigration plan in any case.

Secondly, any candidate receiving an ITA after June 30th could not arrive in Canada before 2016, as the processing time is ~6 months.

So, 10%-15% of 260k (let's be conservative) is 26k-39k - and that only covers the ITAs of, roughly, the first 6 months. Assuming the rate of ITAs remains the same, this should lead to 52k-78k of total admissions resulting from ITAs issued during 2015.

So, on a yearly basis, the ITAs of 2015 should account for roughly 20-30% of all admissions.

That doesn't stack up too badly at all against the 42% of economic admissions, especially considering that EE is only in its first year.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/9th-draw-fingers-crossed-hopefully-we-see-crs-points-below-450pts-t280291.0.html;msg4336057#msg4336057

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/9th-draw-fingers-crossed-hopefully-we-see-crs-points-below-450pts-t280291.0.html;msg4339445#msg4339445

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read a few comments regarding the "150" score. The Person scored a LMIA or PNP, which is good for him .. pushing his score well beyond the 700 mark.

A lot of people say this is unfair, here is one point that I want to discuss.

Say the lowest score was 755, then the human capital worth was declared at 155.

In my opinion a person with 155 points will be deemed ineligible by the FSW point test as well as the CEC. (I am not saying the person won't be able to get a score of 350-450). The system should at least wait till a candidate proves his/her eligibility.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opindersinghbuttar said:
I have read a few comments regarding the "150" score. The Person scored a LMIA or PNP, which is good for him .. pushing his score well beyond the 700 mark.

A lot of people say this is unfair, here is one point that I want to discuss.

Say the lowest score was 755, then the human capital worth was declared at 155.

In my opinion a person with 155 points will be deemed ineligible by the FSW point test as well as the CEC. (I am not saying the person won't be able to get a score of 350-450). The system should at least wait till a candidate proves his/her eligibility.
Hi opindersinghbuttar,

Many of us are thinking like you have thought here, but then I got this knowledge that CEC applicant don't have any cutoff points such as it is there for FSWP applicant (67 cutoff). It becomes way to easy for CEC applicant if their application is supported with LMIA, even if their CRS score is very low such as you have mentioned above.

Pls read below post from one expert forum member.

kateg said:
The CEC criteria are a little different.

If someone meets the minimum, they can have only one year of skilled work experience and meet the required language levels.

Let's assume someone was on a spousal work permit, so no points for education. CLB 5 is required for CEC.

With 0 for age, 0 for education, 24 points for language, 35 for 1 year of Canadian work experience, 0 for the spouse (who failed out of school), 0 for spousal language, 0 for spouse work education, 0 for skill transferability, and no foreign work experience, the total comes out to 59.

I may have missed something, but it looks like it's possible to get as low as 659 on EE. The "Come To Canada" wizard makes it look like 1 year is sufficient.