+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why EE has been designed like this - An Analysis

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is just an opinion.. anybody can disagree with me and share his/her own views.

Though I am not feeling any happy about this to share with you, but anyways we need to accept this harsh reality. :( :(

pls check this post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-canada-cibc-report_n_7173778.html

This can be the purpose for which EE has been created..
There are presently more than 700,000 non-residents in Canada who are either on study visa (37.9%), work permit (49%) or on humanitarian/refugee ground (12.2%).
Above data can be checked from this link: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2894934/original.jpg

This data is published in a report by CIBC economist Benjamin Tal: http://research.cibcwm.com/economic_public/download/feature2.pdf

Now, if we see this data, it becomes very clear the way EE has been designed. It will become advantageous for all these Non -PR canadians to get the extra 600 points under CEC/LMIA/PNP for whatever route they take.
And this might not be the case for foreigners who are applying under EE without LMIA/PNP/CEC.
It is obvious that one can get LMIA, but everyone knows how much difficult it is for a foreigner to get an LMIA from outland CANADA, while any non-PR canadian is more accessible to such resources to get LMIA.
Same holds true for PNP, if you closely check the criterias of PNP, mostly all of them have placed a heavy emphasis on someone having valid job offer/previous study/relative-friend living in the province... which again is not the case for any foreigner EE applicant applying outland Canada.
And CEC is definitely not the cup of tea for foreigners for sure.

Moreover, I have seen posts of few of non-PR EE applicant who said that they don't even bother to make ECA and let go away the points for education, simply because they make the entry with higher CRS due to LMIA / CEC / PNP.

In a nutshell, if we look at the EE draws and the outcomes of these draws even to be held in future, at least it seems that for the year 2015, there will be very less opportunities for foreigners to get ITAs at all.

And I am saying this is because of additional 600 points awarded to EE applicant having LMIA/PNP. I am sure most of the foreigner EE applicant will be losing the entire 600 points here, and so they will be solely relying on their Human Core Capital Points, while competing with the Non-PR Canadians who are scoring higher with the benefit of additional 600 points for either LMIA / PNP.

Friends.. What do you think of this analysis??
I will definitely appreciate your comments/views/differences about this situation.

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Points will come down, if CIC wanted to send ITAs only for those 700 000 the system would have been designed very differently. I think you are joining 2 different topics in one and also spamming the forum with your idea. What is the purpose of copy and pasting your idea in at least 3 different threads here?

In my opinion, candidates in the pool have all passed the 67 points mark for the FSW stream, that makes all of them eligible to get an ITA and after that PR. Not all candidates in the pool have the same percentage of success, but all of them are SKILLED in the eyes of CIC.

The biggest issue is CICs transparency and inconsistency in draws which is pissing all of us. They should post at least the date of the next draw so people will not start wild guessing.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same point I made in another post.

The biggest proof of this argument is that there are no occupation list this year. If there was an occupation list, candidates outside Canada would have the upper hand or at least would stand a chance. Making EE open for all occupations is a clear indication of CIC's intentions of prioritizing non-PRs in Canada on a major scale.

I believe CIC didn't declare this intention at the start of 2015, because they are going to get back to an occupation list starting next year, and they didn't want to seem like they are changing their system every year.

Sorry to piss off all positive thinkers, but as a candidate outside Canada with 401 points, I strongly believe we stand no chance this year.

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Are jobs posted on JobBank any indication of the NOCs in demand?

If it is - top advertised occupations are Retail salespersons, Cooks, Nannies, Food Counter Attendants, Truck Drivers. Very few jobs for those in IT field or Sales Mktg. Same for any province

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/top_jobs-eng.do

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Points will come down, if CIC wanted to send ITAs only for those 700 000 the system would have been designed very differently. I think you are joining 2 different topics in one and also spamming the forum with your idea. What is the purpose of copy and pasting your idea in at least 3 different threads here?

In my opinion, candidates in the pool have all passed the 67 points mark for the FSW stream, that makes all of them eligible to get an ITA and after that PR. Not all candidates in the pool have the same percentage of success, but all of them are SKILLED in the eyes of CIC.

The biggest issue is CICs transparency and inconsistency in draws which is pissing all of us. They should post at least the date of the next draw so people will not start wild guessing.
Everyone is entitled to voice out their opinions and the OP has a valid point!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
EE is designed by conservative government to get votes and to control immigration. earlier there were few quotas but now they can control how many people they want to bring in. basically they put a tap on the free flowing pipe..now they control the flow as well they can show this to canadians that they are controlling people coming in . canadians think that we steel their jobs which is not all that correct. lets take job at mcdonalds (min pay job) if we dont do it then they will have to hire someone and pay a lot now if they pay a lot mcdonald will increase the cost of food. this is a very exaggerated example but is almost applicable anywhere. problem is canadian population is too low for their growth . more people means better logistics better supply chain lower prices and since we earn here in canada and spend in canada(mostly) its all good for canada.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
One thing good about this system is they will invite people with the intention of giving PR... unlike previous system which created a backlog.... i believe the point will come down after election in October of this year

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious_123 said:
One thing good about this system is they will invite people with the intention of giving PR... unlike previous system which created a backlog.... i believe the point will come down after election in October of this year
In fact, I can also think of a policy change in EE up-side-down once the elections are over and results are out, just the bet is that conservatives should not get elected again. :D

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
The basic reason or EE design to do what is beneficial to Canada. Canada currently feels they immigrants with less common skills for jobs that cannot find enough Canadians to fill those jobs. That's pretty much it, not very complicated. The government has outright said this. So far, it seems to be working.
If you have the needed skills and aren't competing with a Canadian for a job it is NOT very hard for an employer to get a LMIA. I have gotten 3 from 3 different employers in less than 2 years. Two were for contract jobs, back when they were called LMOs, and recently one for a permanent job. None of them have taken more than 4 weeks to get.
The problems seem to happen when people discover that their employers haven't really followed the letter of the law. They either hire an immigrant at a job that a Canadian can do, thus they get told they could never get a positive LMIA for the job, or they are not being paid the prevailing wage which would again not allow them to be granted a positive LMIA. Both of these situations are exactly what the EE is trying to fix and prevent from happening.
I am sure that in the near future, Canada will decide that they do need a different skillset and then will tweek the point system or drop the total points for the ITA so more people can apply. Until then, I do think the EE is doing exactly what it was intended to do and that's most likely how the government views it as well.
We all have to remember, the EE is not designed to do what is right for us, but what the government and peopel of Canada think is right for their country.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is make the system at all loss its credibility .. any immigration program should make it clear from the very beginning that u got job offer u r in , if u don't so u r not eligible like so many countries in Europe .. so if a program intention to pick only people with job offer while allowing eligibility for lots of people who don't have such offer so they go and study , taking IELTS exam or doing their ECAs to just pick up their money.. it is simply crockery .. and if someone stupid comes to tell me they r free to get what they need the most , i agree but make it clear from the beginning like so many countries do

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
White knight 22 said:
This is make the system at all loss its credibility .. any immigration program should make it clear from the very beginning that u got job offer u r in , if u don't so u r not eligible like so many countries in Europe .. so if a program intention to pick only people with job offer while allowing eligibility for lots of people who don't have such offer so they go and study , taking IELTS exam or doing their ECAs to just pick up their money.. it is simply crockery .. and if someone stupid comes to tell me they r free to get what they need the most , i agree but make it clear from the beginning like so many countries do
That's not true though. There has been two drawings that issued ITAs to people without job offers. The CIC makes it very clear on their website that just because you qualify for EE, it doesn't mean you get it. No where is it misleading people or making any promises. In fact, they clearly state that they are not make any promises. They tell people this over and over again on any government document, on work permits, msp cards, driver licenses, visas, etc.
If people don't see this, don't bother to actually read all the information, and then jump to conclusions with wrong expectations, then it's not the CIC's fault.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
Agreed, except for the "stupid" remark. The only legit complaint for us, candidates outside Canada, can be that CIC has not made it clear from the start, despite it is clear now that CIC's intentions have been the same throughout.

On the other hand, immigration is a marathon, not a sprint. I would still suggest people to increase their IELTS and get ECAs, if they have enough reason to believe Canada will need them some time in future. Of course, it is a gamble - it always is.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
That's not true though. There has been two drawings that issued ITAs to people without job offers. The CIC makes it very clear on their website that just because you qualify for EE, it doesn't mean you get it. No where is it misleading people or making any promises. In fact, they clearly state that they are not make any promises. They tell people this over and over again on any government document, on work permits, msp cards, driver licenses, visas, etc.
If people don't see this, don't bother to actually read all the information, and then jump to conclusions with wrong expectations, then it's not the CIC's fault.
How many people without job offers got ITA so far? 1500? Less? How many people are expected to get ITA overall through EE in 2015? What you say would be true, if there is a fair distribution between job offers and not. But such imbalance should have been particularly highlighted at the start of EE. Having said that, of course we, the candidates, could have been smarter and could have seen this coming earlier by analyzing the points structure and the fact that there were no occupation list.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
How many people without job offers got ITA so far? 1500? Less? How many people are expected to get ITA overall through EE in 2015? What you say would be true, if there is a fair distribution between job offers and not. But such imbalance should have been particularly highlighted at the start of EE. Having said that, of course we, the candidates, could have been smarter and could have seen this coming earlier by analyzing the points structure and the fact that there were no occupation list.
It was highlighted. How more obvious could it have been made? People with job offers and PNP get 600 out of a possible 1200 points. HALF. thereby practically guaranteeing an invite. they always said those with the highest points would be invited. It doesn't take a lot of mental gymnastics to figure this one out.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
I normally as a rule stay out of this crap of how unfair the system is to PGWP and people from outside Canada ext but here it is. Every one need to stop and pick up the lipstick and realize that the playing field is as level as it comes. We all from other countries that's where it start with a choice and a choice what programm. So we all start equal. The choice is if you wane take the easy road spend money get educated and 3 year PGWP then cry like a baby when it's done. Or some invest time and money to get on a plain land a AB 0 job invest a year of work and do the program get 600 points and qualify. It's no different whether u in Canada or outside we all start with a choice .......u want a Lima get off your butt fly here and get it you don't want it and gamble on a 300-450 score then don't criticize a system. Lima is available u just have to invest and find it and be prepared to take a step down get dirty but main issue is every one has a Mba masters ext and they put them self on a chair get off it and don't criticize the guys that's prepared to be part of 7700000 and roll the sleeves up get a pnp Lima and reach the goal.