Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Does anyone want to share there stories of why they applied inland?

Your stories would be greatly appreciated.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I already explained my reasoning in your other thread.

My main reason was to stay with my husband and help him through the good/tough times of his health. He needs me.
With his disease you just can't take anytime you get with each other for granted. He makes it worth the wait.

I hope more people post as I would be interested to know others reasoning too.

E

emmagail

i am applying inland because:

I found out after getting here that i am actually inadmissable due to criminality, (i have a forgery conviction 12yrs and a DUI from 11),

I want to remain with my wife and 2 children

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
I had almost everything ready to go to apply outland. I was going to send my application to Buffalo since I was initially admitted to Canada for more than a year. I was choosing Buffalo over my home country because the processing time there was 7-15 mths while Buffalo was about 4-8 mths. Then I thought "what if I am called for an interview and I can't get a US visa to go to Buffalo?" I chose inland over my home country because I have a work permit which had one year left in it so I wanted to be able to stay here with my family as well as take advantage of the opportunity to work in the interim. At the time when I applied, AIP was taking 6 mths. It has slowed down a lot since then but thankfully, a week ago I got 1st & 2nd stage approval at the same time and now just waiting for a landing interview. It took 9 mths and 3 weeks. The wait was long but I do not regret it one bit.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I applied Inland through ignorance. Like many people reading the CIC website, I had no idea I could apply Outland whilst living in Canada.

E

emmagail

should have added:

I WOULD have applied outland or NY, but i was afraid of being called for an interview, even though we are married 6yrs next September.
Coming back in, i might be asked at re-entry if i had any convictions, and now i now that the DUI is classed as a second

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
We initially applied inland also through ignorance. We thought in Canada meant we had to go the inland route. If I had found this forum beforehand I would have chosen the other way. After about 3 months of our application sitting in Vegreville we decided to withdraw and apply through Buffalo.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
my boyfriend is the applicant, he applied inland because he has been in canada for 15 years.
he came here to study and then worked 2 years before he applied.
he holds a 2 years open work permit after his master graduation.
we don't see there is any reason CIC would reject his application.

he is landed today in edmonton office. the officer said he is practically a canadian for staying here 15 years.

potcakes

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like others have said, bad advice and ignorance grrrrrrr. However the end is near, I applied Dec 09, my interview is Friday ;D

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
3 parts lack of planning, 1 part sheer stupidity. Add a dash of frustration and shake well.

See, the last time I entered Canada I was fully planning on going home and neither marriage nor immigration were in prospect - in fact, my boyfriend was supposed to move with me to Croatia as soon as he graduated and my house renovation back home was finished so we wouldn't have to rent. There is no immigration process and as my common-law partner he would've been able to work right away, without even needing a work permit. (I know, right?!? :eek:)

But somewhere along the way things began to drag (house reno got sloooow, I quit my job to focus on that last damn semester of law school, my boyfriend's father got sick so he didn't want to go too far from him, blah blah blah) and our living together somehow got indefinitely postponed. And then somehow during my last visit to Canada... well, things were going great, and we were stupidly happy together, and he proposed and asked me to just stay and we'll figure something out :) We essentially got married and started the whole process knowing nothing it (and having almost none of the paperwork and supporting evidence on hand, but that's a whole other story), so playing by ear and CIC's instructions got us on the inland route. But as soon as I get my OWP I'll instantly forget all the difficulties :D

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thank you for all of your stories. They truly mean a lot to me.

In June 2010 my now husband and I decided to start this immigration process. From then until now, we have been gathering all of the evidence (a little bit of procrastination) and our package is going out tomorrow morning. Phew! With that being said, I have had major anxiety all week. Why is it that for the past 10 months I have not been stressed at all and now all of a sudden we are pretty much done the leg work, I am having major anxiety. Our relationship is 100% real and I am very confident that we will have no issues.

Ah well, I will just have to start Yoga or something. LOL.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Any other stories?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
angelbrat said:
I applied Inland through ignorance. Like many people reading the CIC website, I had no idea I could apply Outland whilst living in Canada.
Ditto! We didn't know about applying outland until a few weeks before I got AIP, no point changing then. I could have had PR in 4 months! It is 14 months and counting now.

fleo said:
3 parts lack of planning, 1 part sheer stupidity. Add a dash of frustration and shake well.
Fantastic lol adn right on the button! :)

S

serenifly

1) We didn't educate ourselves enough on the inland/outland processes. We honestly thought the timeline for inland was 40 + days ..

2) I wanted my husband to be with me, even if that means supporting two people on one wage

I'm 50/50 if I regret our decision ... but he's here with me, we bought our first home, and are getting life rolling on, so I don't regret that decision.