+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to begin for Child Caregiver pathway

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
Hello
I wish to sponsor my friend who has been taking care of my child for a long time, to canada. can someone please tell me the basics on how to start the process using the caregiver pathway. i am clueless.
thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
I wish to sponsor my friend who has been taking care of my child for a long time, to canada. can someone please tell me the basics on how to start the process using the caregiver pathway. i am clueless.
thank you.
What do you mean she has been taking care of your child for a long time? So she is in Canada on an open work permit?

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
What do you mean she has been taking care of your child for a long time? So she is in Canada on an open work permit?
My bad, i should have given some background.
Me (single dad, canadian citizen) and my kid (aged 10 months) have been living in pakistan for some time. over here a friend and his wife have been supporting me with taking care of my son.
i have recently secured a good job in toronto and would like to move back to canada. taking care of my kid will be a challenge and i feel if i get my friend and his wife to move there, my life will become easier. how can i use this program to get my friend and his wife to come help me.
thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Me (single dad, canadian citizen) and my kid (aged 10 months) have been living in pakistan for some time. over here a friend and his wife have been supporting me with taking care of my son.
i have recently secured a good job in toronto and would like to move back to canada. taking care of my kid will be a challenge and i feel if i get my friend and his wife to move there, my life will become easier. how can i use this program to get my friend and his wife to come help me.
thank you.
Unfortunately it's essentially a 3+ year process to bring someone over here. You will need to wait until you are back in Canada and wait for the pool to reopen in January to submit an application. There is a cap on the applications accepted that fills very quickly. From there it's a 3 year wait for the application to be processed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you.
As mentioned, you cannot bring your friend here for many years. You need to settle in Canada and meet at least LICO for you and your child plus show that you can afford to pay a caregiver full time (around $35k). You then set up a business number for payroll. You need to read through the HCCP program as your caregiver needs to meet the requirements too with education, language etc. So in January when it opens hopefully your friend can submit an application. Processing is around 36 months now from when he applies.

So if moving to Canada, you will need to find care for your child for the next 4 years. In the meantime, start looking for daycare for your child. There are waiting lists (some wait years) so start calling around.

When do you land in Canada because you will need to get settled, set up business registration, get job offer completed and show that you can afford a full time salary plus your own living expenses for you and your child. IRCC may want to see NOA for 2023. Do you plan for caregiver to live with you? If so then you need to make sure your accommodations meet standards so you would need at least 3 bedrooms with private space for your caregiver (door lock, window, furnished etc.).

Last edited:

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
thank you.
I must be missing something here. You say you have been in Pakistan (I believe that's your home country) for "some time", yet just last month you were applying for a supervise for your mom. Were you doing that application from Pakistan?

Anyway, maybe now that you have been told of 3 years to wait to process an application for your friend and friend's spouse, maybe mom and help with the kid sometimes.