+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to re-apply once refused

harshada

Jan 6, 2011
hi,

I had applied for a Work Permit of 6 months via my employer. I received a refusal letter as the salary stated was lesser than that expected by CHC. I now want to re-apply freshly. Is there any rule that there should be a particular gap between the new application and the refused one? Or can I re-apply immediately. I received the refusal on 27-Jan-11.

Please guide.

~
Harshada

deepak09

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Harshada

You can apply anytime after getting 1st refusal.

However please make sure you take care of the reason on basis of which the work permit was rejected.

I assume you have a positive LMO from your employer

Regards
Deepak

chickenwings

Nov 6, 2010
Hi!i was reading this thread,and it makes me wonder does it depend on the reason of refused WP on when
is the best time to reapply?I applied for WP,Sept last year and it was refused under the grounds that I
have worked in a job not stated in the WP(i was promoted to a a different position on the same company)
and according to someone in the immigration i have to wait for at least 6 mos before reapplying again,according
to that person even if i reapply immedietely,i would still get a refusal,so i didnt reapply the sad thing about that
is my LMO is expiring this february which makes the effort of my employer worthless..I did plan to
lodge my papers again last dec hoping i could get a postive WP,but again an atty this time told me it would
be futile attempt,since 6 mos hasnt passed yet.

Im just distresed,could u have known that i could immedietely file for another WP..then I should have
filed it pronto.. :'(

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi may i know what happened to your application?did you have a positive result or you have been refused again?

jazie

Sep 14, 2011
Hi i am jazie and I'm an ex taiwan worker, I applied thru a direct employer in Canada because my previous co-workers are already in Canada. Since my end contract was last June so I decided to file the application here in the Philippines because there are news that Canadian Embassy in Taiwan will be transferred in Hongkong.
I have a positive LMO and contract and all the needed requirements so I applied last July 20. Yesterday, Sept. 14,2011 I received a letter from the embassy stating that my APPLICATION was REFUSED. with the following reason BASED ON IRPA SUBSECTION 11(1)
*YOU HAVE NOT SATISFIED ME THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA BY THE END OF THE PERIOD AUTHORIZED FOR YOU TO STAY. IN REACHING THIS DECISION, I CONSIDERED SEVERAL FACTORS, iNCLUDING
A. LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
B. YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION
Kindly help me figure out what does this mean really im confused.
It was also stated in the letter that i can re apply once there are new information that i will provide. How soon can i re-apply? my LMO also expired last August 16,2011. However, I have submitted this prior to expiry.

Thanks for the help in advance.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
jazie said:
Hi i am jazie and I'm an ex taiwan worker, I applied thru a direct employer in Canada because my previous co-workers are already in Canada. Since my end contract was last June so I decided to file the application here in the Philippines because there are news that Canadian Embassy in Taiwan will be transferred in Hongkong.
I have a positive LMO and contract and all the needed requirements so I applied last July 20. Yesterday, Sept. 14,2011 I received a letter from the embassy stating that my APPLICATION was REFUSED. with the following reason BASED ON IRPA SUBSECTION 11(1)
*YOU HAVE NOT SATISFIED ME THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA BY THE END OF THE PERIOD AUTHORIZED FOR YOU TO STAY. IN REACHING THIS DECISION, I CONSIDERED SEVERAL FACTORS, iNCLUDING
A. LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
B. YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION
Kindly help me figure out what does this mean really im confused.
It was also stated in the letter that i can re apply once there are new information that i will provide. How soon can i re-apply? my LMO also expired last August 16,2011. However, I have submitted this prior to expiry.

Thanks for the help in advance.
So sad to hear that. Are you currently employed or your previous jobs were they related to what are you applying in canada? Cause it seems that the visa officer wants you to have some experience base on what you are applying for. Did you undergo your medial exam after they sent you a refusal letter or they did not send your medical request before they refused it.

Just earned some few months of experience then re apply again. Anyway what work are applying in canada?

jazie

Sep 14, 2011
Hi!:) I applied as a Gas Bar Cashier. My previous work experience here was as a production crew in a food processing factory, and then I did not include my work experience as a sales assistant in a supermarket because that the release of COE was in a month and i have to pass my application already. Right now, i just finish my contract as a factory worker in TAIWAN. also, is there a bearing if i'am still single.

Thanks for repying.

jazie

Sep 14, 2011
hi Lynnard, just add up to my reply.. they did not sent me a notification to undergo medical. First letter I received was a notification letter that the embassy received my application and then the last one last Sept. 14,the refusal of application letter

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@jazie
it doesnt matter if you are single or not. as long as you convinced the consul that you will be back home after the contract.i think the reason why they refused your application because the kind of job that you have had was not related to being a gas station cashier... thats why the visa officer told you that you try to re apply when have information updated. i think the consul trying to say just have some experience first to the work that you are trying to apply in canada before you try to apply again may be by then he will grant you a visa.

When did you receive your AOR or acknowledgement receipt from the embassy? before they used to request first to undergo the medical before the decision has to be made but now they dont issue anymore the medical request. based on your post it took 8weeks before you receive the refusal letter. how about the their acknowledgement how long before you received it?

try to comply what they are trying you to do before to re apply.... you know would be better if you applied in taiwan not strict as here in the philippines.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Actually being married is a very big advantage for it is a huge factor to consider when you want to show ties to your country but not actually necessary. A friend of mine who is single applied and was approved because she has provided documents to convince the consul.. She submitted her bank statement. So you just have to provide documents such as bank statements, letters etc....

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi jazie..my situation is the same with yours.last may i filed my application.i recieved the results 42 days after.same reasons as yours.i have re-applied again last august 5,2011.right now im still waiting for the results.gudluck to you.

GregoryJames

Jul 21, 2011
Technically you can re-apply the next day after you receive a refusal. But the most important thing to do before you re-apply is to figure out exactly why you were refused.

Those who receive just a refusal letter get very little information. In many cases the visa officer uses a simple form and ticks off one or two generic answers. It is quite rare for an officer to provide any meaningful explanation.

If you were interviewed and the officer explained to you why YOU were refused with some meaningful explanation then, obviously, when you reapply you will have to address that problem, and address it directly. Remember that visa officers (like all decision makers) want you to corroborate what you say in your application, so it is best if you have documentary proof of your claims.

If the officer did not give you a meaningful explanation, but just gave you a refusal form with a tick next to one or two generic explanations, then you will want to get a copy of the visa officer's notes. Visa officers do make notes when they make a decision and, as informal as those notes can be, those notes are their official reasons for their decision.

Once you review those notes you will have a better idea why the application was refused and will be better able to address that issue in a new application.

Gregory James
Canadian Immigration Lawyer
gjames@GregoryJamesLaw.com

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@jazie & konghe

welcome to the club... mine ive just got my refusal letter with the same reasons as yours... good thing that my lmo will expire in december so i still have chance to reapply again.... but im quite confused with the reasons of refusal it was like abstract that you have to figure out what they're trying to say...

Konghe, what did you do first to address the reasons before reapplying it again?

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
k0nghe said:
hi jazie..my situation is the same with yours.last may i filed my application.i recieved the results 42 days after.same reasons as yours.i have re-applied again last august 5,2011.right now im still waiting for the results.gudluck to you.
konghe, i read your previuos post from the other topic Ive learned that you already did your medical on your first application but still you got refused. All i know once they issued you a med request it means that 80-90 percent you will approve unless there a problem with the result becauses now they dont issue med ref anymore once they will refuse your application. maybe they changed their procedures very recently.