+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to re-apply once refused

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
lynnard said:
@ jazie & konghe

welcome to the club... mine ive just got my refusal letter with the same reasons as yours... good thing that my lmo will expire in december so i still have chance to reapply again.... but im quite confused with the reasons of refusal it was like abstract that you have to figure out what they're trying to say...

Konghe, what did you do first to address the reasons before reapplying it again?
@lynnard- you would be working for a hotel as a housekeeper, right? Have you had any related experience or training? I guess you should get necessary qualifications in order to be approved. What was the reason stated in the letter of your refusal?

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@ james

yes, i do have trainings and work experience. maybe the reason of refusal was, im not working rigth now becos im the one who take care of my kid.... anyway, im not really bothered about it coz im still have time to reapply... and im planning to consult to an immigration lawyer or the likes if what should to be done in order to address the reasons of refusal... and im planning also to look for any jobs/activities to show that im a working mom i think thats what the vo wants to insinuate even not related to the hotel works.

have you knew of immigration lawyer or immigration firm that is really good in this kind of situation?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
lynnard said:
@ james

yes, i do have trainings and work experience. maybe the reason of refusal was, im not working rigth now becos im the one who take care of my kid.... anyway, im not really bothered about it coz im still have time to reapply... and im planning to consult to an immigration lawyer or the likes if what should to be done in order to address the reasons of refusal... and im planning also to look for any jobs/activities to show that im a working mom i think thats what the vo wants to insinuate even not related to the hotel works.

have you knew of immigration lawyer or immigration firm that is really good in this kind of situation?
How long have you been not working? You might try CIC immigration consultancy but I heard it will cost you around 20k pesos.

terb56

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
NONE
lynnard said:
@ james

hi lynnard, how long did it take for the vo to inform you about your refusal?

thanks

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
it took 8weeks.

now, im trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do to get approve next time around.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
GregoryJames said:
Technically you can re-apply the next day after you receive a refusal. But the most important thing to do before you re-apply is to figure out exactly why you were refused.

Those who receive just a refusal letter get very little information. In many cases the visa officer uses a simple form and ticks off one or two generic answers. It is quite rare for an officer to provide any meaningful explanation.

If you were interviewed and the officer explained to you why YOU were refused with some meaningful explanation then, obviously, when you reapply you will have to address that problem, and address it directly. Remember that visa officers (like all decision makers) want you to corroborate what you say in your application, so it is best if you have documentary proof of your claims.

If the officer did not give you a meaningful explanation, but just gave you a refusal form with a tick next to one or two generic explanations, then you will want to get a copy of the visa officer's notes. Visa officers do make notes when they make a decision and, as informal as those notes can be, those notes are their official reasons for their decision.

Once you review those notes you will have a better idea why the application was refused and will be better able to address that issue in a new application.

Gregory James
Canadian Immigration Lawyer
gjames @ GregoryJamesLaw.com
how to have an access to see those notes? are there any means in accessing it?

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@lynnard

that's what i'm expecting too.my father and my uncle told me before that once they issued a medical request pack up your bags! thats what happened to my application. but anyway, they did not require me to undergo my med coz our medicals are valid for at least 3 months.

@lynnard agian

i've declared "not employed" in my current status when i first submit my application. so, i think that was the reason why the officer refused my appli. luckily, i went to find a simple job a month after i submited. that's what i added to my application.that's it nothing else. coz what's so confusing about the embassy was my cousin's appplication. sabay kmi nag-pass ng application. but he was employed six straight years in a company.but the we're shocked when the reasons of the officer was the same with mine." LIMITED EMPLOYMENT PROSPECT IN YOUR COUNTRY" AND " CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS"..what the ****!?right? and get this...our job offer letter says "NO EDUCATION REQUIRED" ..i don't get it.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@ konghe

Is your job now related to what you are applying in canada or not at all? So how far are you now with your work visa application? are you just waiting for the final decision? some said once you were refused then re-apply again after less than a month or so you most probably receive a result in a short time coz you already have a file in them.

regarding your cousin's case maybe her present job is not related to the job offer in canada. That's why it really needs to figure out carefully their reasons to refused your appli.

lexie_nicole

Aug 13, 2011
hi lynnard i thought you are in Canada now. Me, I'm just waiting for my lmo to apply in CEM. I told you before that i don't have an experience related to my job offer.. Guys what is your job offer in Canada and what is your work now? thanks..

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ lynnard no.my job ryt now is housekeeping in a hotel. my cousin is an IT. our LMO is "ASSISTANT BREEDING TECHNICIAN". but the employer indicated that " NO FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED" in our job offer letter.

so far i'm just waiting for the results for now. if you reapply i probably think that you will be receiving the results in a short period of time coz your file has been recorded in their system minus the days of waiting for your medical request. BUT, in my case it's been almost a month ryt now.i don't think the time frame for reapplying is almost the same with your first attempt.

j.d

Jul 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ lynnard -- bro when ka na refuse? and what is the reason?? thanks.. think positive lang... godbless

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@konghe

Now, Im looking for a housekeeping job also because my job in canada will be housekeeping. although I have some experiences but I am not currently working right now and I think this is the reason also why the embassy refused my application.

So, you're supposed to be receiving now the final result of your 2nd time application since your medical exams to your 1st application is still valid. Hope youll be receiving your visa soon.

On my part maybe this early weeks of October i will re-apply again.

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i'm just waiting for the results. thanks. wish you luck too bro.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@ konghe
any updates? or still waiting for the results?

I havent re-apply yet just waiting for a letter from my employer of which i will include in my application. hope this time it will turn out positive for all of us who got refused.

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@lynnard

i recieved the results last september 26 bro..i was refused again..reasons is " PURPOSE OF VISIT".. i don't know why that was the reason of the officer!!!! i'm not even applying for a tourist/visitor's visa!!