+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to apply spouse sponsorship

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hello,
After i land in Canada with a PR after how many months i become eligible to Sponsor Spouse for PR.
Is there a criteria say for 1yr have to work, need to submit some kind of bank statements for past 6months or tax payments or show proof of accomodation etc..only after this is the PR for spouse possible.
Or once i land up in Canada on PR can i apply within a months time for spouse

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you yourself were sponsored, you have to wait 5 years after becoming PR until you can sponsor your spouse. I'm not sure if there's a wait time of you became PR through some other means.

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
I dont think this is correct. once i land as PR with a valid job offer from employer then immediately i could apply for spouse (wife) visa but am not sure how many months it would take to process a complete application. If it takes more than a years time to get the visa can she travel on Multiple Entry Tourist Visa or not

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sanmacviv said:
I dont think this is correct. once i land as PR with a valid job offer from employer then immediately i could apply for spouse (wife) visa but am not sure how many months it would take to process a complete application. If it takes more than a years time to get the visa can she travel on Multiple Entry Tourist Visa or not
Yes - it's correct for people who were sponsored themselves through spousal sponsorship.

However since you weren't - you can apply to sponsor your spouse immediately. How long it takes will depend on which visa office handles your wife's application. She can certainly apply for a TRV - however there is a decent change it will be refused since CIC knows she has plans on remaining in Canada long term.

JJ416

Jun 17, 2016
Yoi could apply as soon as you get your PR card. Since you cannot produce an "Option C printout" or "Notice of Assesment", just include letter of employment and explain your situation in your cover letter. You'll be reunited with your spouse sooner rather than later. Good luck.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You are married already, right? Why can't you include your wife in your application?

Jand Sushil

Jan 17, 2017
Hello,
After i land in Canada with a PR after how many months i become eligible to Sponsor Spouse for PR.
Is there a criteria say for 1yr have to work, need to submit some kind of bank statements for past 6months or tax payments or show proof of accomodation etc..only after this is the PR for spouse possible.
Or once i land up in Canada on PR can i apply within a months time for spouse
Hi,
same case is with me. Can you guide me what to do. I landed as PR here on july, 29, 2017. My wife was pregnant during my application process, So I did not add them in accompanying members. I blessed with baby in April, 2017 and both my wife and baby have their UCI number in my application. So can you guide me how to start the process.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Was your wife included in your application as a non-accompanying dependent? And did you add your baby to your application as a non-accompanying dependent after the child was born?
If they were both listed as non-accompanying family members in your application, you can sponsor them now. You do not need to wait until you have a year's employment.