+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Voluntary Departure Vs Order to Leave...is it same or diff?

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
mit123 said:
Voluntary Departure Vs Order to Leave from any other Country. Is it same or diff?
Sir

Order to leave is "Deportation" , and is a result of crime , that is due to overstay

Stay Blessed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
msaeed said:
Sir

Order to leave is "Deportation" , and is a result of crime , that is due to overstay

Stay Blessed
No - it's not.

You can receive an order to leave without it being a deportation. And this doesn't just happen because of a crime - it can happen for non-criminal reasons (e.g. visa refused). An order to leave the country doesn't become a deportation order until later.

You can volunatrily leave after receiving an order to leave. If you don't leave voluntarily - it then turns into a deportation order.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
mit123 said:
Voluntary Departure Vs Order to Leave from any other Country. Is it same or diff?
As it was pointed out Order to Leave gives you two options--one where you voluntairly depart (meaning you choose the time and place of depature) or deportation (where the govt decides your time and place of depature) simple as that.

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a big difference: Voluntary departure: If in the future you want to return Canada you need to wait 1 year or 2 years from the day of your departure it depend of your case.
Deportation: Some cases are not allow to come back to Canada for the rest of your life. And some cases must apply for ARC(authorization to return Canada which cost: Deportation fees $750 to USA.... $1.500 to any other country plus application fees $400 and you need to attach a special letter.)

Reactions: Cardidigit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SuperVisa said:
There is a big difference: Voluntary departure: If in the future you want to return Canada you need to wait 1 year or 2 years from the day of your departure it depend of your case.
There's no such rule. You must be thinking of exclusion orders.

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your refugee case is denied you must leave Canada in 30 days ...so if you do that you get a Voluntary Departure and you can come back to Canada.....I am not sure but I think in 1 year....without problem.

If you stay in Canada after the 30 days because you want to apply for humanitarian or PRA so the voluntary departure becomes in Deportation Order...if you want to come back to Canada they will ask you for ARC.....you need to write a letter explaing why you want to come back, and you need to tell then how sorry you are .... tell them that you are a good person and convince them.
If you apply in the sponsorship family class in easier to get this approved.

Reactions: Cardidigit

vutrang

Jun 29, 2013
Dear all

I am worry about this thing

I did send application for pr (family class)last year and will have interview on 15/06/2015

Last year I did ask this question in canadavisa forum while filling form

I came to Australia in 2010 with 3 years student visa. However, I stopped studying from 2011 and then still living in Australia without a valid visa for 2 years. in 2013 I booked a flight ticket and went back my home country volunteer.

For question 6e in the form Schedule background says "Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"
I dont know what should I answer yes or no for this question

And someone recommended say NO. So I answered No. Because I thought that I left my own,no one forced to leave.

I will be interviewed on 15 June 2015.
Now I still fear that did I answer that question wrong or correct.
Althought in personal history i already declared the time living illegaly in Australia

If I actually did that question wrong, its leading misrepresentation?
When i go to interview should I update the form content that question with answer Yes

Iam so worry now
Can anyone give me advise please
Thanks

susana

Nov 4, 2008
vutrang said:
Anyone help please
No, is not misrepresentation as you were not refused entry or deported from Australia. What does the letter for the interview says?

There are many reasons why the officer wants to have an interview. Did they request to your sponsor to attend or only you ?

Are there any red flags other than your time spend living illegally in Australia ? This is not reason for refusal, so be honest about it. What is your status in Canada ?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
vutrang said:
Anyone help please
I went back and read some of your posts, are you the applicant or the sponsor ? In one post you wrote you are the sponsor, living in Vietnam , being married and in a common law relationship with a same sex partner , and in others like the last post , you said you are the principal applicant.

Anyways, if the sponsor is out of Canada , the interview could be about the intentions to reside in Canada as 4,000.00 dollars in the bank and letters from friends are not enough. I will worry more about this than living illegally in Australia .

Good luck !

susana

Nov 4, 2008
vutrang said:
Anyone help please
I went back and read some of your posts, are you the applicant or the sponsor ? In one post you wrote you are the sponsor, living in Vietnam , being married and in a common law relationship with a same sex partner , and in others like the last post , you said you are the principal applicant.

Anyways, if the sponsor is out of Canada , the interview could be about the intentions to reside in Canada as 4,000.00 dollars in the bank and letters from friends are not enough. I will worry more about this than living illegally in Australia .

Good luck !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msaeed said:
Sir

Stay Blessed
Overstaying is NOT a criminal act.

Stay blessed as well.

vutrang

Jun 29, 2013
susana said:

Good luck !

Thanks Susana

I Applicant and my partner use the same nick in this forum.

The letter just simply invite me for interview in Vietnam and not any red flag in gcms
They dont ask my partner for interview because he went back Canada last June 2014 for working

You know I dont fear about living illegal in Australia. Just worry that did I answer the question in the form wrong or right.
I dont know how the rule in Australia.
someone said that when I lived illegal, I have to answer Yes with "ordered to leave" because living illegal, althought I did not receive any removal order from immigration or I left Australia voluntary

skalair

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
AUH
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-AUGUST
vutrang said:
Thanks Susana

I Applicant and my partner use the same nick in this forum.

The letter just simply invite me for interview in Vietnam and not any red flag in gcms
They dont ask my partner for interview because he went back Canada last June 2014 for working

You know I dont fear about living illegal in Australia. Just worry that did I answer the question in the form wrong or right.
I dont know how the rule in Australia.
someone said that when I lived illegal, I have to answer Yes with "ordered to leave" because living illegal, althought I did not receive any removal order from immigration or I left Australia voluntary

They did not asked whether you over stayed or lived illegally in Canada or some other country. Question is, whether deportation or removal order issued against you any where in the world, and answer is NO.

Reactions: bp08ts