sahar2017

Jun 27, 2017
hi guys.,
my agency applied for TRV for me and my child 5 month ago but still no answer

how long does it take normally?

Prashant7292

Jul 4, 2017
Hi Bryanna

I applied for a TRV on 16th June 2017 through the IRCC website. I already have a US visa that till 2027, however i am travelling to US for the first time on 22nd July. At the time of submitting the application, the tentative processing time was 21 days and i am sort of at the fag end of the period. However there is no communication on the IRCC website since 18th June, which confirms my submission.

I had attached an additional letter stating my US plan for a professional training to be organized by my employer. In my passport details as well, i had attached my stamped US visa. Do you think that qualifies me for Can+ category. If yes, then my application should have been processed by now.

I am tensed I have to leave for US on 22nd and I dont think that the Decision + Stamping + passport courier and everything will get completed by then.

Can you suggest me what to do.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna

I applied for a TRV on 16th June 2017 through the IRCC website. I already have a US visa that till 2027, however i am travelling to US for the first time on 22nd July. At the time of submitting the application, the tentative processing time was 21 days and i am sort of at the fag end of the period. However there is no communication on the IRCC website since 18th June, which confirms my submission.

I had attached an additional letter stating my US plan for a professional training to be organized by my employer. In my passport details as well, i had attached my stamped US visa. Do you think that qualifies me for Can+ category. If yes, then my application should have been processed by now.

I am tensed I have to leave for US on 22nd and I dont think that the Decision + Stamping + passport courier and everything will get completed by then.

Can you suggest me what to do.
Yes, you are eligible for CAN+. If you submitted an online application, you should have specifically requested for CAN+ in the cover letter + scan the US visa.

We have noticed that CAN+ apps are taking just as long as regular ones nowadays.

Which city are you applying from?

I suggest you email the relevant visa office. Attach your US flight tickets + the professional training + scanned US visa and request for an expedited decision.

If you are returning to India from the US then specifically mention that too = you will not remain long-term in Canada = most chances of getting a TRV

Don't worry. You still have plenty of time :)

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I applied for TRV (visitor visa - more than 6 months) online for my wife from Canada (wife in Chennai, India) on June 8, 2017. No updates yet. Processing time says 25 days but it's clearly passed that time. Have sent a CSE through Web Form to Bangalore office. Hope to have some update..

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to visit Canada for my vacations with my partner and child in September. Please suggest what documents do I need for my online application and how much funds do I need in my bank account for one month stay.

Thank you in advance.

Prashant7292

Jul 4, 2017
Yes, you are eligible for CAN+. If you submitted an online application, you should have specifically requested for CAN+ in the cover letter + scan the US visa.

We have noticed that CAN+ apps are taking just as long as regular ones nowadays.

Which city are you applying from?

I suggest you email the relevant visa office. Attach your US flight tickets + the professional training + scanned US visa and request for an expedited decision.

If you are returning to India from the US then specifically mention that too = you will not remain long-term in Canada = most chances of getting a TRV

Don't worry. You still have plenty of time :)
Hi Bryanna

Got my visa approval mail yesterday. They have asked me to submit my passport at the VCAC office. But I am travelling to US on 23rd of this month. Is it advisable to submit passport considering the lack of time I have. I am based out of Bangalore right now and my previous emails about status of my application were answered by Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. I am assuming that the passport will be sent to them for stamping and it might not come back by 23rd.

Is it possible to get the stamping expedited by request or any other procedure or Can i get it stamped in New York instead?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna

Got my visa approval mail yesterday. They have asked me to submit my passport at the VCAC office. But I am travelling to US on 23rd of this month. Is it advisable to submit passport considering the lack of time I have. I am based out of Bangalore right now and my previous emails about status of my application were answered by Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. I am assuming that the passport will be sent to them for stamping and it might not come back by 23rd.

Is it possible to get the stamping expedited by request or any other procedure or Can i get it stamped in New York instead?
That's really fantastic. Just in time too :):)

I suggest you submit your passport tomorrow to VFS Bangalore. The visa will be stamped by the Bangalore visa office, not by NDVO. Also, don't wait until you get to NY because the process for passport submission is a bit complicated + could take 7-12 days.

You must include copies of your flight tickets + a letter to the visa office requesting for expedited visa printing. You can opt to collect the stamped passport from VFS. It is possible to get your passport back in 2-3 days

Prashant7292

Jul 4, 2017
Bryanna, Can you tell me about the process to get the visa stamped in NY. Considering the fact that their are only 5 working days between today and my flight to US, it is very highly likely that i might not get my passport back in time. I have to go on an employer organized mandatory training and would thus face problems if i miss it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna, Can you tell me about the process to get the visa stamped in NY. Considering the fact that their are only 5 working days between today and my flight to US, it is very highly likely that i might not get my passport back in time. I have to go on an employer organized mandatory training and would thus face problems if i miss it.
Honestly, it's less complicated and easily doable in Bangalore than in NY. There have been cases in the past who were able to get their visas stamped by the Bangalore visa office in even one day. It's your choice though.

You must first email the VAC/CSC in NY + Bangalore visa office to ask if you can submit your passport for visa stamping to the NY CSC as you would be visiting the US.

Here's the link for the US:
http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

Also, do remember you have only 30 days within which your passport must be submitted to the NY CSC for visa stamping, otherwise your file will be closed as rejected

The777Man

Jul 20, 2017
Hi all.
Applied from India.
My timelines -

Applied online July 4th
Application Confirmation July 5th
Update emails on July 6th 7th
Passport request July 18th

Regards...

devavyan

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I am from India ( Delhi ) on 8th of June I had applied for a tourist visa for my infant who is currently 10 months old. We had applied online. however there is no change in status on my CIC account. I recieved two confirmation msgs on the same day I applied I uploaded following documents :
1. IMM5257E
2. IMM5707E
3. IMM5257B
4. Letter of Explanation
4. Digital photo
5. Copy of Passport of my Child
6. Birth Certificate of my Child
7. copies of the passport and travel history of myself and my spose
8. financial support document
9. Paid the applicable fee

We did not fill IMM5476 (Representative Form) . Is this form required in my case? we have applied visa application only for our infant as me and my spouse both hold valid Visa.
If IMM5476 is required where can I upload it now? Your valuable suggestions are much need.

Many Thanks

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Hi guys,

I would like to seek advice from all the senior folks here. I am a PR and getting married in december this year and think about the fastest way of bringing my wife here.

I was thinking i will ask my wife to apply for a visitor visa along with her family in octobor begining. She and her family has past travel history to few countries, so o am assuming she should be fine on that. My question is, if she gets a visitor visa say in Nov and we get married in dec and we apply for her PR in dec, will her visitor visa be still be valid. If she gets visitor visa, shall we apply from india or after she comes to canada?

Another plan is she alone will apply for visitor visa in october disclosing that she wants to visit her boyfriend. Then is she gets it in Nov, we will get married in dec and apply for PR in dec. We can come back together.

Or shall she apply for visitor visa now disclosing that we want to get married. Then we do civil marry here the next month and apply for her PR and she goes back. Then we marry in dec and hopefully she will get her PR by feb march next year.

If there is any other rejection proof way please share.

Blessings and good luck to everybody.

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I was thinking i will ask my wife to apply for a visitor visa along with her family in octobor begining. She and her family has past travel history to few countries, so o am assuming she should be fine on that.
Previous travel history does not guarantee a TRV. Approval would depend on a number of factors + if the countries traveled to earlier count as travel history.

My question is, if she gets a visitor visa say in Nov and we get married in dec and we apply for her PR in dec, will her visitor visa be still be valid.
Yes, the TRV will be valid until she gets her PR. Then the TRV will be crossed (sometimes, IRCC doesn't cross it out).

If she gets visitor visa, shall we apply from india or after she comes to canada?
An inland application is risky in the sense that it takes much longer than outland PR apps + she must try and remain in Canada until the inland PR app processing is completed + if she has to travel out of Canada, she may/may not be allowed back in when she tries to re-enter. In this case, the inland PR app would also get cancelled and she would have to apply for PR from scratch.

Another plan is she alone will apply for visitor visa in october disclosing that she wants to visit her boyfriend. Then is she gets it in Nov, we will get married in dec and apply for PR in dec. We can come back together.
This would most probably never work. In most cases TRV refusals are highly likely.

Or shall she apply for visitor visa now disclosing that we want to get married. Then we do civil marry here the next month and apply for her PR and she goes back. Then we marry in dec and hopefully she will get her PR by feb march next year.
This would mean risking a TRV refusal although it's best to be honest and not to hide about your scheduled marriage

Cheers

Jatsah

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

We (self and wife) have valid Visitors visa and we are Indian Nationals. We have a plan to visit canada next week for the first time but we have not decided our stay period and ownward plans (we may travel to US or return to India). Please advise if we need a return or ownward tickets for boarding and clearing immigration at Canada Airport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

We (self and wife) have valid Visitors visa and we are Indian Nationals. We have a plan to visit canada next week for the first time but we have not decided our stay period and ownward plans (we may travel to US or return to India). Please advise if we need a return or ownward tickets for boarding and clearing immigration at Canada Airport.
Yes, you would need return tickets for two reasons:
1. The airline may not allow you to board the flight to Canada from India

2. The CBSA officer at the port of entry could ask you to show your return flight bookings

If you're not sure, you can book tickets which allow for a date change or a change in the sector