App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
I just received my PR and have still not landed in Canada.

1. Can I apply for my parents visitor visa for Canada from here (India) before I land?
  2. All of us plan to fly to USA in September end(on our US visitor visa) and then I will go to Canada from there.So will I get the visa before we fly? Or is it risk not worth taking?

harpoon31

Aug 2, 2017
Hi me and my wife applied for TRV on 18th of July via paper application at new delhi VFS. My maternal uncle has invited us for my cousin's marriage and included his and his wife's employment & tax records along with marriage card. i have attached my job offer letter, leave approval letter, ITR,Shares &my 6 months salary account statement along with two other accounts under me & my wife's name (she is a housewife) however the marriage is on 3rd august and we have clearly missed the occasion. our files are still under process. does missing the wedding day will impact our approval chances?

Samiras

Aug 3, 2017
Hi all,

Applied in Mumbai via VFS with a paper application on July 4th. Got an email and SMS that application was sent to Delhi office on the 5th. Website said processing time is 25 days but I'm still waiting for the status to change. VFS application tracker says it is being processed. I need to travel by the 7th and even emailed the embassy but no reply. Has anyone else experienced this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all,

Applied in Mumbai via VFS with a paper application on July 4th. Got an email and SMS that application was sent to Delhi office on the 5th. Website said processing time is 25 days but I'm still waiting for the status to change. VFS application tracker says it is being processed. I need to travel by the 7th and even emailed the embassy but no reply. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi,

It's not a good idea to book tickets in advance before visas are issued.

The processing time stated on the IRCC website is only an estimate/average. It's not a commitment within which the processing will be completed.

IMO, you must reschedule your travel

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi me and my wife applied for TRV on 18th of July via paper application at new delhi VFS. My maternal uncle has invited us for my cousin's marriage and included his and his wife's employment & tax records along with marriage card. i have attached my job offer letter, leave approval letter, ITR,Shares &my 6 months salary account statement along with two other accounts under me & my wife's name (she is a housewife) however the marriage is on 3rd august and we have clearly missed the occasion. our files are still under process. does missing the wedding day will impact our approval chances?
Processing does not take events/travel dates into consideration.

So, no, the TRV decision will not be based on the fact that your travel was for the wedding/wedding date

Last edited:

Samiras

Aug 3, 2017
Hi,

It's not a good idea to book tickets in advance before visas are issued.

The processing time stated on the IRCC website is only an estimate/average. It's not a commitment within which the processing will be completed.

IMO, you must reschedule your travel

Cheers
Thanks for the reply.
Any idea on the longest time they can take to process my application?
And if my application is rejected do they take the same amount of time ?
I have a valid US visa and have traveled to the US in the last 10 years. Does that make a difference?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
Any idea on the longest time they can take to process my application?
And if my application is rejected do they take the same amount of time ?
I have a valid US visa and have traveled to the US in the last 10 years. Does that make a difference?
There's no finite time frame within which processing must be completed. Approvals/refusals could take the same amount of time.

As you had traveled to the US earlier + have a valid B1/B2, you should have applied under CAN+ for faster processing.

Yes, the US visa and travel to the US could help to some extent (travel history) but only if it was a short visit

Samiras

Aug 3, 2017
There's no finite time frame within which processing must be completed. Approvals/refusals could take the same amount of time.

As you had traveled to the US earlier + have a valid B1/B2, you should have applied under CAN+ for faster processing.

Yes, the US visa and travel to the US could help to some extent (travel history) but only if it was a short visit

There is no different application for Can+ correct? I had provided the passport which has the valid US visa in it, so they would have seen that. Still waiting and no response by emailing or calling. 35 days and counting.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There is no different application for Can+ correct? I had provided the passport which has the valid US visa in it, so they would have seen that. Still waiting and no response by emailing or calling. 35 days and counting.
While there's no specific application form for CAN+, it must be specifically requested for when applying by submitting details of the US visa/previous US travel

SHIRIN.BMW

Jan 22, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for a tourist visa for my parents on 9th of August ( Online TRV ). I have a valid Canadian and US visa, which i have attached in the provided travel history. I hope they will be considered as CAN+ applicants. As there was no request for upload of any financial documents.

So any one has an idea of the timeline taken at present. Because I submitted application on 9th and only 13th i got the application process message.

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
My parents applied on July 10,2017 paper file , received text file received 11th July
Verification call to boss on Aug 01,2017
Still no replies. I received PR in May then sent them invitation letter.
Tracking shows still in process. Any idea?

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Please help how to connect paper file to cic online account.
I have reference number and tracking id.

jahanzaib18

Aug 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

I applied for my TRV on paper through VFS Office Abu Dhabi dated 16th August, received 2 confirmation mails on the same day.

I am employed in UAE for 2 years in the position of Accounts and Admin, i have no strong travel history except Oman and several visits to Dubai few years ago and I am from Balochistan PK.

Documents i submitted were as followed.

NOC from my employer
Copies of all pages old and new passport
copy of my Emirates ID and UAE Visa
Six months Salary account statement (statement only showing credit amounts)
Return Tickets (return in 3 weeks)
Date of travel 2 Jan, 2018
Invitation letter from my friend sponsoring my all expenses inducing accommodation
My friends Passport copy (Canadian Passport)
His salary stubs
proof of address and copy of his driving license.

My UAE residence visa expiring in Feb 2018 though it will be renewal as i am a permanent employee at a key position.

Please fellows comment on my case, what chances i have to get approved or rejected?