Here is a cover letter hope it may work

BANGALORE
Dated : 30-04- 2014
To,
High Commision of Canada,
Visa Section,
New Delhi,
India.

Subject: Request for single entry Visitor’s visa to Canada.
I, Ramya Shanivarasanthe Leelesh, Indian citizen with passport number L3192065, applying for my single-entry tourist Visa to Canada, along with necessary documents and supporting information as under.

1. The International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) has invited me to present my research work entitled “Molecular diversity analysis of culturable bacterial flora of Diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella from India and its possible role in degradation of Indoxocarb” as a oral presentation in the ‘XIVth International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology’ scheduled to held from July 27th –August 1st, 2014 at Montreal, Canada. A copy of the invitation letter of IUMS, Montreal, has been enclosed along with confirmation letter of registration.

2. As stated in the invitation letter, the International Union of Microbiological Societies is sponsoring $ 1000 CAD as a travel support, on my arrival at Montreal.

3. I have sufficient liquid funds of Rs 5,23,914/- ($ 9553.5 CAD) in my savings bank account no.20136209908 of SBI, with International Debit/Shopping card to look after myself during my stay at Canada.(Bank statement and copy of Debit Card enclosed)

4. My father, Mr. Leelesh, a retired government employee of Government of Karnataka, receiving a regular pension, is sponsoring my travel expenses to Canada. His affidavit of sponsorship made before Notary Public is enclosed in this regard. His Income Tax returns for the past three years (Assessment Year), and copies of Fixed Deposit Certificates held by him at SBI, of Rs.8,00,000/- ($14,561.33 CAD), as declared in the affidavit, are enclosed.

5. I have Life insurance coverage of Rs.150000/-($ 2730.25CAD) of LIC of India.(Copies of policies enclosed)

6. I have already purchased my roundtrip confirmed Air tickets (July 25th August 2nd 2014) and reserved a suit for 8 days in Alexandrie Hotel through booking.com. which cost around $148.75 CAD/for 7 nights including break fast (copies attached along with Travel itinerary)

7. My parents have expressed their ‘no objections’ for my visit to Montreal, Canada to participate in the ‘XIVth International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology’ scheduled to held from July 27th –August 1st 2014 at Montreal, Canada in their Affidavit before the Notary. (enclosed)

8. More importantly, I am a PhD Student (Biotechnology) (Enrolment No. WOF-463/2011-12) at ‘National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects’ (NBAII) under the guidance of Dr. T. Venkatesan, Principal scientist, NBAII Bangalore, Karnatata which is affiliated to the ‘University of Mysore’ Karnataka State and my tentative date of final thesis submission is 15th March, 2015. In this regard the NOC, Bona fide certificate, leave sanction letter, PhD student ID card (copy) (Valid till Mach 2015) from the institute has been enclosed.

9. I assure you that in no case shall I engage myself in any profession or occupation while in Canada. In this regard, I write to state that biotechnology sector is one of the India’s major sectors. India is amongst top 12 biotech destination in the world and ranks 2nd in Asia (http://www.investindia.gov.in/?q=biotechnology-sector). The policies and promotions of the Indian Government is very bright, having more than 350 biotech based companies offering armful JOB opportunities in Biotechnology field.

10. My mother, Mrs Dhanalaxmi B.D. is also a Karnataka Government employee, working as a Teacher.

11. As explained in above paras, I write to state that, I, with my parents have well settled in Karnataka, India.
12. In the light of all above facts, I assure you, that the sole purpose of the travel is to attend the conference only and I will leave Canada with in allowed time period.

Considering all above relevant information and documents, and also considering the importance of the subject matter of the conference, which will be supportive to my PhD work, I request you to kindly issue me single entry visitor’s Visa to Canada for a period of 10 days.

Please kindly inform me for any more requirements,
Yours faithfully,

(Ramya Shanivarasanthe Leelesh)
Ramya Shanivarsanthe Leelesh
Div of Molecular Entomology
National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects
H. A. Farm Post, Hebbal
Bangalore-560024
Karnataka
Mobile: +91 9986845100
Email: ramya.sl1989@gmail.com

ATTACHED WITH,
1. Copy of invitation letter from congress Management Office
2. Travel grant fellowship letter from conference organizer
3. Oral presentation selection letter from conference management office
4. Conference registration letter
5. Annexure 1: Sponsorship letter from father -affidavit before Notary(Original)
6. Bank Statements of applicant
7. Annexure 2: No objection letter and property declaration of parents before Notary(Original)
8. Annexure 3: Charted accountant (CA) certified asset and property declaration e
9. Travel itinerary
10. Air Ticket - Round trip and Payment voucher
11. Particulars of suit reservation
12. Passport copies
13. PhD registration letter
14. NOC from NBAII, Bangalore
15. Leave sanctioning letter from NBAII, Bangalore
16. Bonafide certificate
17. Phd ID card
18. Copy of Life Insurance policies
19. Xerox copies of FD certificates of sponsor
20. IT returns of sponsor
21. Pension document of sponsor

nirmaljit

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ramya
Can u send me the copy of No Objection Certificates that your father has given in your support. its urgent pl.
thanx in advance

rannvveer

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
new delhi
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2014
AOR Received.
sept9th 2014
File Transfer...
sept20th
Med's Done....
20/05/2014
this is great help!!! thanks:)

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi

My father got the supervisa in February 2013 for 1 year and 9 months. Actually his passport is going to expire in Dec 2014. He came to Canada in Aug 2013 and got the entry till Aug 2015 (2 year entry). Now i've his 10 year renewed passport. And i want to renew his visa before he leaves Canada.

Now my quesiton is :

Can i apply online ? If yes, How will they stamp the visa on his passport. (Remember i am talking about the sticker we get on passport).

Please help