+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hello,

Myself Ramya Shanivarsanthe Leelesh PhD Scholar from India. I am completed my 2nd year by this march, 2014. I have been applied for Canadian visitors Visa for the purpose of attending “XIVth International Conference of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology” to be held in Montreal, Canada during July 27th - August 1st 2014 and the visa has been rejected based on the following reasons

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. factor including
> Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
2. Not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself while in canada and to effect your departure

Since I am a PhD student my dad had given the sponsership letter and his bank account contain 2,00,000/- and my to and fro tickets (confirmed) were already booked and hotel reservation were also made and enclosed the copy.

In addition to all these I will also receive a $1000 CAD from the event organisers once I arrive to canada as a travel grant for all the above I have already submitted the documents.

Still my visa has been rejected so can you please suggest what else documents I can produce and how I can convince the immigration officer that I have ties to my home country and I will surely return back.

and how much should be the account balance and wether he has to transfer the amount to my account? and F.D can be shown? and I should give the documents of my personal assets in my home country?

Please do suggest what extra documents I need to submit for the approval of Visa. I have already booked my air tickets also. Plz do reply.

Please help

Thanking You

Sincerely
Ramya Shanivarsanthe Leelesh

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
OK part by part, you need to provide more detail... your case is not easy due to the reasons stated by the immigration officer.

ramya said:
Hello,

Myself Ramya Shanivarsanthe Leelesh PhD Scholar from India. I am completed my 2nd year by this march, 2014. I have been applied for Canadian visitors Visa for the purpose of attending “XIVth International Conference of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology” to be held in Montreal, Canada during July 27th - August 1st 2014 and the visa has been rejected based on the following reasons

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. factor including
> Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
2. Not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself while in canada and to effect your departure

Since I am a PhD student my dad had given the sponsership letter and his bank account contain 2,00,000/- and my to and fro tickets (confirmed) were already booked and hotel reservation were also made and enclosed the copy.
Always use CANADIAN dollars, or US dollars, no ther currency while asking questions in this forum (people are from all over the world, this makes it easier for us to help you). What are fro tickets?

Air tickets booked or purchased? I would suggest buying them, booking them is not enough.

Also who booked them? how do you prove they are already booked? did you submit receipts? were they booked by an international recognized organization?

ramya said:
In addition to all these I will also receive a $1000 CAD from the event organisers once I arrive to canada as a travel grant for all the above I have already submitted the documents.
Which documents? You have to be specific in what you submitted.

Now the $1000 dollars are of no use. Funds have to be with you BEFORE arriving to Canada.

ramya said:
Still my visa has been rejected so can you please suggest what else documents I can produce and how I can convince the immigration officer that I have ties to my home country and I will surely return back.
Read the refusal reasons, they never said you wouldn't go back due to not strong home ties. They were really specific. If you submit documents to prove something that wasn't an issue then your application will be weaker.

ramya said:
and how much should be the account balance and wether he has to transfer the amount to my account? and F.D can be shown? and I should give the documents of my personal assets in my home country?
The money is always better under your name. Unless you are a child, direct family "sponsorship" is not a good argument.

What is F.D.? How much money is in the account (CANADIAN DOLLARS please).

ramya said:
Please do suggest what extra documents I need to submit for the approval of Visa. I have already booked my air tickets also. Plz do reply.
I made some suggestions.

I would also add a letter of invitation from the Conference Organization. This should include a contact person IN CANADA with full contact information.

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. Now I have $10,000 CAD in my saving account and my intended duration of atay is for 8 days. I already made the hotel reservations for the period of stay. I purchased the air tickets from Goibibo.com. I receieved the invitation letter from conference organiser as well. As I mentioned I am PhD student and not at submitted my final thesis so that is a strong reason that I will come back to my home country. So my Visa refusal reason was "limited employment prospectus in my home country" so can I justify that I'm still a student (pursuing PhD) and I have not received my doctoral degree. Please do suggest in what way I can justify the refusal. I want to reapply so please suggest.

vinkavi17

Mar 12, 2014
Jalex23 said:
OK part by part, you need to provide more detail... your case is not easy due to the reasons stated by the immigration officer.

Always use CANADIAN dollars, or US dollars, no ther currency while asking questions in this forum (people are from all over the world, this makes it easier for us to help you). What are fro tickets?

Air tickets booked or purchased? I would suggest buying them, booking them is not enough.

Also who booked them? how do you prove they are already booked? did you submit receipts? were they booked by an international recognized organization?

Which documents? You have to be specific in what you submitted.

can visitor visa or business visa convert in work permit in canada
Now the $1000 dollars are of no use. Funds have to be with you BEFORE arriving to Canada.

Read the refusal reasons, they never said you wouldn't go back due to not strong home ties. They were really specific. If you submit documents to prove something that wasn't an issue then your application will be weaker.

The money is always better under your name. Unless you are a child, direct family "sponsorship" is not a good argument.

What is F.D.? How much money is in the account (CANADIAN DOLLARS please).

I made some suggestions.

I would also add a letter of invitation from the Conference Organization. This should include a contact person IN CANADA with full contact information.

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hello,

Documents I subitted for my visa

1. Round trip air tickets copy, purchased from Goibibo.com
2. Hotel Reservation voucher (8days)
3. My fathers IT return, bankstatments. ($3,000 CAD)
4. Sponsorship letter from Father
5. NOC from institute
6. PhD registration letter
7. Invitation letter from conference organiser.

But the visa got rejected. Please help

Now I thining of resubmitting with the following documents please suggest the possibility n also suggest what extra I can submit

1. My bank statment with $10,000CAD
2. Invitation letter from organiser
3. Property documents in my name and fathers name
4. Notarised NOC from parents
5. Niotarised sponsership letter from father
6. PhD enrollment card
7. ID card from institute
8. NOC, Bonafide certificate, Leave sanction letter from institute
9. Notarised self decleration that I will return back to India.
10. Roundtrip air ticket with Payment slip
11. Hotel reservation voucher
12. Travel itienry
13. Bank detail of sponsor
14. My Life Insurence documents (LIC)
15. FD (Fixed deposite details) of my Father (sponsor)
Please suggest is this documents are sufficient when I reapply

I'm a PhD student and my tentative date to submit the final thesis is March 2015. So I will definately go back to India. Is this will convince immigration officer? Please do help.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no logic of why you were rejected. A visa officer takes many factors into account to determine if the visa is approved or rejected. What you need to do is satisfy the visa officer and submit additional documentation. The rejection letter will have a reason why you were denied, this is what you have to overcome.

You may want to get legal advice in this matter I am not a lawyer or immigration consultant so I cannot advise you.

Try contacting the law firm hosting this forum.

Best of luck.
Gary Goldshmidt

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Better if you can ask a letter from your school that your trip to Canada has something to do with your PhD studies. Establish a link the purpose of your travel with what you are doing in India. If the school can provide a letter about your travel, it will be a good document you can provide.

Good luck.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been applied for Canadian visitors Visa for the purpose of attending “XIVth International Conference of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology” to be held in Montreal, Canada during July 27th - August 1st 2014
Did you get an official invitation to the conference or it is just your initiative to go there? Have you been at similar conferences before? Where?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Apply for GCMS notes. This will give you a better idea of reasons for refusal. You will find lots of info on ordering these computer notes made by the VO when reviewing your app. All the best. Am really sorry you are hitting this Familiar wall.

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hi Regina,

Yes I have got an official invitation for my participation and also I recieved a travel fellowship letter

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hi Shailesh,

Definately ill update the result. Hope this time it will work out. Thank you so much for your wishes

ramya

Apr 2, 2014
Hi Pippin,

I applied for tourist Visa so even I can apply for GCMS notes. I thought only who apply for permanent resident visa only will apply for it. I don have much information on this please guide.