+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Visit Reason

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for a visitor visa for my parents from India to Canada. After consulting with my agent, he strongly advised including a genuine and urgent reason in the cover letter - that we need my parents' assistance in looking after and raising our one-year-old baby. Both my husband and I have demanding tech jobs, and due to project commitments, we cannot take an extended leave to travel and meet them in India.

It's important to note that my parents' visa application was previously refused, but we didn't mention the reason for their visit as "helping with our son" at that time.

I've come across some discussions where people claim that this particular reason often leads to visa rejections (though the exact reasons are unclear to me). However, my parents firmly believe that this is the most valid and significant reason for their visit. I'm seeking your advice and suggestions on this matter. Thank you all!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for a visitor visa for my parents from India to Canada. After consulting with my agent, he strongly advised including a genuine and urgent reason in the cover letter - that we need my parents' assistance in looking after and raising our one-year-old baby. Both my husband and I have demanding tech jobs, and due to project commitments, we cannot take an extended leave to travel and meet them in India.

It's important to note that my parents' visa application was previously refused, but we didn't mention the reason for their visit as "helping with our son" at that time.

I've come across some discussions where people claim that this particular reason often leads to visa rejections (though the exact reasons are unclear to me). However, my parents firmly believe that this is the most valid and significant reason for their visit. I'm seeking your advice and suggestions on this matter. Thank you all!
That is considered work so a good chance of refusal. Your parents don’t have work permits. You should be looking at long-term day care for your child and not relying on your parents for care. They are coming to visit, not care of their grandchild. So the visit is to see you and your family, visit and return home.

When applying again, they need to address previous reasons for refusal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

This is a bad idea. Looking after and raising your child will be classified as working which they are not allowed to do as visitors to Canada. Stating this as the reason for visiting Canada will increase the chances of another refusal.

What were the reasons why their previous visas were refused?

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
This is a bad idea. Looking after and raising your child will be classified as working which they are not allowed to do as visitors to Canada. Stating this as the reason for visiting Canada will increase the chances of another refusal.

What were the reasons why their previous visas were refused?
They said they have strong ties (since I am an only child)
and insufficient financial proofs/ or proofs not matching with reason to stay. (I had realized there was some issues in the financial proofs and we then rectified it, now it shows a good enough amount in liquid assets)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
and insufficient financial proofs/ or proofs not matching with reason to stay. (I had realized there was some issues in the financial proofs and we then rectified it, now it shows a good enough amount in liquid assets)
Do they own property in their home country?
How long a trip are they requesting?
Do they have previous travel to countries such as the US or UK?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So their ties are each other, jobs, income property, business etc.

What about supervisa?

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020

What about supervisa?
we applied for that too, But I did not have NOA. My husband does and we submitted his after they asked it via ADR. We had uploaded everything else. bank info, pay stubs, parent's financials, company letters. but they rejected stating we don't meet LICO. We have income of $270k + combined but guess they needed NOA only.

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020

What about supervisa?
Do you think I should apply my mother's visa separately to show ties as my father, her stable job, her home etc? (but I think our home is under my father's name)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
we applied for that too, But I did not have NOA. My husband does and we submitted his after they asked it via ADR. We had uploaded everything else. bank info, pay stubs, parent's financials, company letters. but they rejected stating we don't meet LICO. We have income of $270k + combined but guess they needed NOA only.
May want to reapply with NOA.

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
My husband joined his job in November 2022, I joined in April 2023 (because I was on mat leave)

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I am just really scared of another refusal. I don't know how many documents and proofs to add anymore to make a solid case.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If you have income of $270k/year combined , then putting the reason you need your parents come here to work to take care of your child is nonsensical, when you can well afford to hire someone here that can legally care for your child.
It’s called a caregiver account with the CRA . The government expects people doing this work to be paid the going rate and submit all required income tax deductions. Supervisas aren’t meant to circumvent individuals requiring work permits . I assume you’re on the waiting list for daycare ?