Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Hi all,

we are doing al outland application from New Delhi and planning on including a visitor visa application with the PR. I was wondering if a denial on the visitor visa can have a negative impact on the PR application?

A couple of people have told me that you don;t want a denial on the file and also it is extremely hard to get the visa if you are applying for the PR but then again, if a denial won't do any harm I am willing to take the chance.

Please advice.

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
TRV has no connection with PR applications. You will have to send two separate applications and the VO will decide accordingly whether you qualify for what you applied for. Having a PR application in process does not disqualify you automatically, see dual intent.

etienbjel

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Interview........
Initially requested but waived after providing more evidence online
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
PR Form IMM5669 Question 6d asks if you, your spouse, or any of the applicant's family members have ever been refused a temporary resident visa. So, ya, a TRV denial may affect your PR. Better to send PR first so you can tick the "no" box on this form. Also, TRV and PR applications are completely separate from each other. PR goes to Mississauga. TRV will go to New Delhi

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If an applicant has many visa refusals on his or her record, this will negatively affect the PR application - it makes it look like the applicant is just trying to get into Canada or any Western country by any means possible. This is a red flag for marriage fraud.
If you just have one TRV refusal, make sure to explain in the application that you wanted the TRV to visit your sponsor, and offer proof of this. This shouldn't hurt your PR application.

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Thanks guys. All good and helpful responses!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
VN said:
Hi all,

we are doing al outland application from New Delhi and planning on including a visitor visa application with the PR. I was wondering if a denial on the visitor visa can have a negative impact on the PR application?

A couple of people have told me that you don;t want a denial on the file and also it is extremely hard to get the visa if you are applying for the PR but then again, if a denial won't do any harm I am willing to take the chance.

Please advice.
This depends a lot on the visa office — I don't know about yours, but I'll share my experience with mine.

I was told — including in this forum; I had a different username — that I wouldn't get the TRV because of my husband in Canada, so I should just wait for my sponsorship to be done with. I'm glad I didn't listen; I applied and within a couple of days I had a TRV in hands, and a few weeks later hopped on a plane to Canada to be with my husband. We wouldn't send the application until 3 months after my arrival, and due to problems at the VO the PPR took months after everything was approved (the relationship was seen as bonafide and interview was waived from day one as I could see in the CAIPS notes, and later there were several other procedures with clearances and whatnot, and then a long wait from when everything was finalized until they actually asked for my passport — which I sent to the VO via FedEx since I had been in Canada for all that time).

Maybe your VO could see visa attempts as "look[ing] like the applicant is just trying to get into Canada or any Western country by any means possible" as canadianwoman pointed out, but a friend of mine had a super fast processing by the same VO as mine despite of her 3 TRV refusals within a relatively short time span (approximately a year) trying to see her husband in Canada. To them, it came across as someone just trying to be with her husband and not wanting to be separated. And another one, with two TRVs refused.

This is all anecdotal evidence only, but I don't think one should be discouraged. If it makes you afraid (I know I was afraid of having IOs suspicious of our relationship for fear of not being able to stay with him), apply for PR and then submit the application for a TRV.

Best of luck.

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Thanks Miriam. That gives me a lot of confidence!!