+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa less than 6 month

Khan11212

May 4, 2023
My question regarding the purpose of travel. In this option, we submit the real ticket and hotel booking with application or what to do.
The second question is if I make the 10 days travel itinerary then can I stay more than 10 days?
Please share your experience with us.

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My question regarding the purpose of travel. In this option, we submit the real ticket and hotel booking with application or what to do.
The second question is if I make the 10 days travel itinerary then can I stay more than 10 days?
Please share your experience with us.

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.
You don’t buy airfare but show the itinerary. IRCC states not to do that until approved. When you enter, CBSA can tell you and stamp your passport with a length of visit. Can be 10 days, any date they stamp on passport and if they don’t, then 6 months. You will know when you enter Canada and clear immigration.

Khan11212

May 4, 2023
You don’t buy airfare but show the itinerary. IRCC states not to do that until approved. When you enter, CBSA can tell you and stamp your passport with a length of visit. Can be 10 days, any date they stamp on passport and if they don’t, then 6 months. You will know when you enter Canada and clear immigration.
Thanks for your response, if they stumped 10 days then can I extend it must be leave country.
You have knowledge about the minimum expense per month as a tourist visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response, if they stumped 10 days then can I extend it must be leave country.
You have knowledge about the minimum expense per month as a tourist visa?
How long do you really plan to come to Canada? If not stamped, then you can stay up to 6 months. As for funds, is it just you. You have to factor in airfare, accommodations, food and other expenses. You need to show that you can support yourself in Canada without using all your savings.

Khan11212

May 4, 2023
I want to find out a job. My stay depend on job finding, if I got soon then possibly I will stay for less time if not then stay longer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I want to find out a job. My stay depend on job finding, if I got soon then possibly I will stay for less time if not then stay longer.
So you are not a true visitor. So if CBSA knows you are entering to find work, you could be denied entry. Get your TRV first. You do know the process for a work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Make sure you bring enough money with you to live in Canada for 6-8 months without working since the LMIA and work permit processing takes a while (this assumes you're successful in finding a job).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To get a visa, you need to show travel history (UK, US, NZ, AUS), strong ties to home country (spouse, children, job, business, investments, property), funds and reasons to travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. Means it is not right to come as visitor and change to work visa.
You cannot change to a work visa. You need a job offer with an approved LMIA. The employer has to file for the LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, only you. There is paperwork and takes time so once filed, the employer waits for a LMIA. Then once approved, you apply for a closed work permit. Depending on the job, you may need IELTS and ECA for education. You may or may not get an approved LMIA, and even then your work permit may be refused. Where were you planning on searching for work and where would you be staying? Can you afford to live in Canada for 10-12 months without a job if you don't find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process?

Khan11212

May 4, 2023
I heared if a person inside the canada then there is no need IELTS. Secondly I can afford my self for 1 to 2 years there in canada. And what about TRV option can I apply there without offer letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I heared if a person inside the canada then there is no need IELTS. Secondly I can afford my self for 1 to 2 years there in canada. And what about TRV option can I apply there without offer letter?
But if your job is working with people in customer service then you may need IELTS. Depending on the NOC, you may need ECA. You can only stay up to 6 months if CBSA allows you to. You may be able to extend a TRV once in Canada, but it can be refused. You are trying to live in Canada, not visit. To get a TRV, you need to show ties to return to home country - spouse/child, job letter with approved leave, investments, business, properties etc. Canada is expensive so not sure how much you are budgetting? What city?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TRV change to work permit or not
A TRV and a work permit are two different visas. You cannot "change" a TRV into a work permit. You apply for the work permit separately.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
TRV change to work permit or not
No. Already told you the process above. Once you have a LMIA, you apply for a work permit which has different criteria. Depending on the NOC, you need to show you have the experience to do the job (employment letters, ECA). Again where are you visiting to look for work, and what type of work?