Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
Landing_PR said:
Hi there,

I had also applied for my husband's TRV online and as soon as I submitted the application, I received a notification to submit biometrics within 30 days. This is their requirement to complete the application. Thanks.

UPDATE: Also, I used his medical which we used to apply for his PR with the TRV as well. Again, the application is not complete if the medical is not done upfront.
Hi,

Thanks,

Do you know what is the timeline for visitor visa?

Thanks
- S

kitty_T

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
24-12-2015/ 02-03-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2015
Med's Request
upfront- received 02-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2016
LANDED..........
27-06-2016

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
PS070315 said:
2. Know your case:
We need to first understand what category we fall under and build documents accordingly. Based on my experience I can broadly categorize people in below category :
 a. Applicant is working and has travel history:
This is the category that has high probability of getting TRV approved as they have high liability of returning to home country due to their work ties, again documentation plays a very important role. So if your spouse is working then do not let him/her quit the job. Below list of documents if provided properly and case rightly built then you get approval fast and quick.

 b. Applicant is working but no previous travel history :
This is the next category where getting approval is high as they are again having strong ties of returning to home country fast due to work ties. But if the visa officer feels you belong to potential immigrant category then he will reject stating you have no previous travel history. In this case there should be more strong ties to be shown for home country stating you like your job, you have parents to take care of or some important family function for which you need to come back.
 c. Applicant not working but has travel history
This category section also need to build proper documentation in terms of what strong ties he/she can show towards home country and they will return after the period of stay. If the applicant has home loan/education loan/ has assets in their name then those can be given as document, in this category the documents and invite letter of the sponsor is very crucial as they are not financially independent and when they come to Canada. In this case both applicant and sponsor needs to show more funds. Need to attach travel tickets, insurance etc. Its better to apply after the PR file number has come.
 d. Applicant not working and has no travel history
 They are high risk of rejection case as the visa officer feels they will not return to the home country once they reach Canada, again I have helped two people in this category whose TRV is approved. For this you really need all the documents that will be mentioned below (except applicant work and IT return related document). Its better if you plan for a out of country honeymoon if possible to make up the travel history. If possible have some assets or FD in the applicant’s name. Again do not create FD immediately before applying TRV, they visa officer will know it’s made of for the TRV, do it as soon as your engagement is fixed, good if it’s one or two months before the TRV is applied. Again all the points told for “Applicant not working but has travel history
“ hold good. This category better if applied after PR file number has come, that too after AOR 1.
Hello, I have a question in relation to this. My wife is a freelance trainer for competitive exams in India, however since the wedding she is no longer taking classes for any training company but simply taking private lessons for a few of her old students. She gets paid in cash (and not much). I am a bit uncertain whether I should say she is self employed on the tourist visa application (and the PR application as well) or simply say she is taking a break from work as there is no proof we can really show for the private lessons (like pay stubs, employer letter etc)

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Does any one here applied for TRV and got it even though PA was unemployed??? please reply

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello Friends ,

I want to visit my spouse to canada on TRV , for that what is the strong point I make as a purpose of visit .

There are no Birthdays either of us or anniversary for next 8 months .

can anyone suggest ?

thanks

botsmith2004

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to submit any Original documents from the Sponnsor? (Eg. Employment letter, tax filings, etc) or can scanned copies be ok?

Any original documents required from Applicant side?

Or can all documents be scanned copies?

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
botsmith2004 said:
Do we need to submit any Original documents from the Sponnsor? (Eg. Employment letter, tax filings, etc) or can scanned copies be ok?

I think all scanned copy and photocopy will be fine, I am applying for visitors visa and will be scanning everything

botsmith2004

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_123 said:
I think all scanned copy and photocopy will be fine, I am applying for visitors visa and will be scanning everything
Awesome... Thanks for the input !!!

Gearbox

Aug 23, 2015
sibhav said:
Hello Friends ,

I want to visit my spouse to canada on TRV , for that what is the strong point I make as a purpose of visit .

There are no Birthdays either of us or anniversary for next 8 months .

can anyone suggest ?

thanks
regina_123 said:
Does any one here applied for TRV and got it even though PA was unemployed??? please reply
My wife is a September 2015 applicant. Upfront medicals for PR expires in July 2016 .

She applied for a TRV in February 2016 ( paper application at New Delhi VFS) . 8 business days after submitting the application, she received an email with an IMM1017 form. Medical was done the next day .

On the 15th business day , her passport was returned to VFS with the visit visa.

My wife is not currently working . She did work ( employment visa) in the UAE for three years prior to our wedding. During those three years she has traveled 10-15 times between India and the UAE.

She submitted her income tax returns for the last 5 plus years . Even though she is not working , she has an annual Indian income of approx 50K $CAD equivalent ( family business , rubber and spices plantations) . She also submitted long term bank deposit records , land and home ownership records .

Both myself and my wife are from Cochin , Kerala.

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Gearbox said:
My wife is a September 2015 applicant. Upfront medicals for PR expires in July 2016 .

She applied for a TRV in February 2016 ( paper application at New Delhi VFS) . 8 business days after submitting the application, she received an email with an IMM1017 form. Medical was done the next day .

On the 15th business day , her passport was returned to VFS with the visit visa.

My wife is not currently working . She did work ( employment visa) in the UAE for three years prior to our wedding. During those three years she has traveled 10-15 times between India and the UAE.

She submitted her income tax returns for the last 5 plus years . Even though she is not working , she has an annual Indian income of approx 50K $CAD equivalent ( family business , rubber and spices plantations) . She also submitted long term bank deposit records , land and home ownership records .

Both myself and my wife are from Cochin , Kerala.
Congrats....thanks for info..

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
botsmith2004 said:

I hired immigration lawyer for my TRV. He told me that If you apply online you need scanned copies only but if you apply paper application then you need to submit original documents(Employer letter, Bank certificates etc.)

Thanks
- S

jushope4

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Landing_PR said:
Hi there,

I had also applied for my husband's TRV online and as soon as I submitted the application, I received a notification to submit biometrics within 30 days. This is their requirement to complete the application. Thanks.

UPDATE: Also, I used his medical which we used to apply for his PR with the TRV as well. Again, the application is not complete if the medical is not done upfront.
Hi All,
Can anyone please guide me how to apply online for visitor visa

Thanks

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
jushope4 said:
Hi All,
Can anyone please guide me how to apply online for visitor visa

Thanks
Please follow this link;- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

I hope this can help.

jushope4

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hardcookie said:
Please follow this link;- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

I hope this can help.
Thanks a lot.I have one doubt about submitting original passport.How is it done when applying online for TRV?

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Hello friends!! I am sponsoring my spouse and our application is at NDVO under processing. I am planning on to apply for a visitor visa. I have couple of questions to those who have applied for the TRV or have successfully obtained TRV

Is it possible to upload all those so many documents when applying online? (including scanned documents, PDFs, Wedding photos which are digital already but have large data sizes)

how long do they take to make the decision when applying online?

Thanks folks and good luck for TRV applications!!