+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa to visit my husband. According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html - it tells me to apply online and specify that I qualify for an exception. It doesn't mention anything regarding biometrics or how long it will take. I was just wondering if anyone applied recently, how long it took them and if they had to give biometrics.
Any information would be highly useful.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa to visit my husband. According to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html - it tells me to apply online and specify that I qualify for an exception. It doesn't mention anything regarding biometrics or how long it will take. I was just wondering if anyone applied recently, how long it took them and if they had to give biometrics.

Thanks!
Where are you applying from? Visitor visa processing times are generally several months at this point.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Processing times depend on where you live. Biometrics are mandatory. Also is your husband and PR or citizen? If not, you need written authorization to travel in addition to a visitor visa.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Can we do biometrics while applying for visitor visa? or do we have to wait for the biometrics request? how does the biometrics request work? as such there is a long line to get the appointment for biometrics in india.

Nithin john

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
My spousal application submitted on July 20th, 2020. But I haven't received the file no: / AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) yet, So I applied for a visiting visa and got my biometric request on Sept 28th, and did the biometric on Oct 19th. But no other updates on both.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My spousal application submitted on July 20th, 2020. But I haven't received the file no: / AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) yet, So I applied for a visiting visa and got my biometric request on Sept 28th, and did the biometric on Oct 19th. But no other updates on both.
All you can do is wait. In general spouses will have a hard time getting TRV approval.

karthic ravi

Jun 23, 2020
canada
Hi,
did you get any update on the Visitor visa yet?

Shaikhnadeem

Apr 2, 2018
hello everyone. I am a PR holder since past 3 years and recently got married last month. After travelling back to Canada, i am in the middle of Sponsoring my spouse under family class spousal sponsorship. however, since it is taking more then usual time, i am planning to apply a Visitor Visa for my spouse. She is currently working full time in India with a good income. She has a strong tie with India so far being employed full time. However I am confused on Biometrics as it seems VFS is only taking biometrics for students and Family class applications (assuming Spousal Sponsorship). Will my spouse be able to provide her biometrics under Family class or that wont be allowed coz of visitor visa? please assist.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello everyone. I am a PR holder since past 3 years and recently got married last month. After travelling back to Canada, i am in the middle of Sponsoring my spouse under family class spousal sponsorship. however, since it is taking more then usual time, i am planning to apply a Visitor Visa for my spouse. She is currently working full time in India with a good income. She has a strong tie with India so far being employed full time. However I am confused on Biometrics as it seems VFS is only taking biometrics for students and Family class applications (assuming Spousal Sponsorship). Will my spouse be able to provide her biometrics under Family class or that wont be allowed coz of visitor visa? please assist.
Unfortunately biometrics are not being accepted at this time for TRVs. Her choice are to either wait until they start accepting biometrics (we don't know when this will be) or to travel to another location where biometrics are being accepted for TRVs right now. We have several people on this forum from India who have traveled to Dubai for this purpose.

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Hello guys.

I appreciate all the information that you have shared. I am in this situation: I'm a permanent resident of Canada, I recently got married and I would like my spouse to come to Canada as Visitor. She is currently not working and she is staying at my family's house in the States (she is not American). Under the "Financial Resource Supporter Letter" I have mentioned that I have been supporting her and I will be paying all her expenses during her visit to Canada, plus adding my Financial Statements and net worth asset in the document.

I really would like to reunite with her, and eventually we would like to do the inland sponsorship. She has done her biometric last year one time that her visa was rejected (back then we were not married and she was coming for a Diploma study)

1.What are the odds of her Visa to be accepted even though she is not working and probably cannot show too much of funds?
2.Would the last biometrics that she has done be considerable for this new application?
3.What documents should I take care and strength it for the application?
4.What is the average time that the application is taking?

I deeply appreciate all the information that you could help me with in this important process.

Blesses :)

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi

I am PR holder. Recently got married in India. I know I have to apply for Sponsor PR for her but that takes 12 months processing and no wonder that process may take more time because of the covid situation.

Is there a way so that I can bring her on a visitor visa before I apply for sponsership?

Please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys.

I appreciate all the information that you have shared. I am in this situation: I'm a permanent resident of Canada, I recently got married and I would like my spouse to come to Canada as Visitor. She is currently not working and she is staying at my family's house in the States (she is not American). Under the "Financial Resource Supporter Letter" I have mentioned that I have been supporting her and I will be paying all her expenses during her visit to Canada, plus adding my Financial Statements and net worth asset in the document.

I really would like to reunite with her, and eventually we would like to do the inland sponsorship. She has done her biometric last year one time that her visa was rejected (back then we were not married and she was coming for a Diploma study)

1.What are the odds of her Visa to be accepted even though she is not working and probably cannot show too much of funds?
2.Would the last biometrics that she has done be considerable for this new application?
3.What documents should I take care and strength it for the application?
4.What is the average time that the application is taking?

I deeply appreciate all the information that you could help me with in this important process.

Blesses :)

1. Chances are on the low side for a number of reasons including lack of funds, the fact she is unemployed and also the fact she is living outside of her home country. It looks like you obtained PR through a refugee claim. If that's correct, this will further lower her chances - as well as the fact she has a previous study permit refusal. Having said that, you can certainly try. You might get lucky. I would strongly recommend that you put a priority on applying to sponsor her for PR and getting this application in asap if you haven't already. Processing times for TRVs are currently around 5 months and it's quite possible it will end in refusal. Get the spousal sponsorship application submitted as soon as you can and make that your priority.
2. Yes.
3. Generally she needs to how proof of ties to her home country and also proof of funds. This will be difficult to demonstrate for her given the circumstances.
4. Around 5 months right now as said above.

Reactions: UnRefugiado

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
I really appreciate for all the information. We will try and hope for the best and of course we will start with the spousal sponsorship application as soon as possible as well.

For the spousal sponsorship application how important is her financial and employment status?

I thought time would be less because for what it seems biometrics is what is what taking a lot of time from applications.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I really appreciate for all the information. We will try and hope for the best and of course we will start with the spousal sponsorship application as soon as possible as well.

For the spousal sponsorship application how important is her financial and employment status?

I thought time would be less because for what it seems biometrics is what is what taking a lot of time from applications.

Thank you
Her financial and employment status isn't important for the spousal sponsorship application. It's important for the TRV.

She may need to give biometrics for the TRV as well.