+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for fiancee's brother for our wedding? Philippines

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hah, true, I can't blame you there with your experience. It is a private courier, so it's slightly better than the local postal service. I lived 5 km away from VFS but had my passport couriered back anyway.

Oh, sorry, I don't think I answered your previous question about money directly. I'd meant to suggest that CBSA usually doesn't ask about funds on hand for the trip, but in the off chance if he is asked, he can simply tell the truth about the $500 pocket money and you supporting him. It shouldn't be an issue. Money is only really declared if it's over $10,000.
Will he need any sort of travelers insurance for the trip? is it required?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I know Philippine Airlines offers opt-in travel insurance when you book online (about US$30 additional), but it's not required.
ok. cause I remember reading somewhere that if he is in Canada and something happens to him, I will be responsible for all costs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know Philippine Airlines offers opt-in travel insurance when you book online (about US$30 additional), but it's not required.
Airlines offer travel insurance but normally that insurance only covers the flight/trip and missing/damaged luggage. Do check if it's the case for Philippine Airlines.

@joeythecat you may want to consider buying an overseas travel insurance policy that covers the entire stay, including the flight dates

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Airlines offer travel insurance but normally that insurance only covers the flight/trip and missing/damaged luggage. Do check if it's the case for Philippine Airlines.

@joeythecat you may want to consider buying an overseas travel insurance policy that covers the entire stay, including the flight dates
Where would I get that from? I have never bought that before except I bought it through caa for my fiancée when we went to the states once.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Where would I get that from? I have never bought that before except I bought it through caa for my fiancée when we went to the states once.
PAL's opt-in insurance covers accidents, sickness, and even death during the trip:
https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/TravelInformation/BeforeYouFly/TravelInsurance
https://www.pnbgentravel.com/Summary-of-Benefits

Here's their provider, with the full list of benefits and instructions to make a claim:
https://www.pnbgentravel.com/

Reactions: joeythecat

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Got his visa today, booked his flight, bought insurance, bought Toronto raptors tickets, booked a trip to montreal, got CN Tower passes. WOW! we are ready to go!!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Got his visa today, booked his flight, bought insurance, bought Toronto raptors tickets, booked a trip to montreal, got CN Tower passes. WOW! we are ready to go!!!!
What a (visa) journey it has been. Way to go!! You've got his entire itinerary sorted LOL

Congratulations for your wedding. Enjoy the wonderful celebrations :):)

Gagan Kharor

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Chandigarh -New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-Nov-2017
Hi Friends,

I am Canadian Resident. I applied TRV for my Sister in Law and her family (Husband and Daughter) in Manila Office.

File Submitted Date: 03-Sep-2017

Type Application: Paper Applications with Passport (Via VFS).

CIC Documents Requested on 14-Sep-2017 like 2 Photos, Marriage Certificate, School letter for Child.

Requested Documents submitted ; 20-Sep-2017

They have Indian Passports.

So please give me advice what will be next?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
just wanted to let you all know that my fiancées brother is here now! he had a good flight, they asked lots of questions in Manila, but his other sister was there to help him answer the questions. when he arrived in Toronto, they just asked to see the invitation to the wedding. we went to CN Tower right after the airport and he is amazed. We are so happy and thankful to everyone on here that helped us out!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
just wanted to let you all know that my fiancées brother is here now! he had a good flight, they asked lots of questions in Manila, but his other sister was there to help him answer the questions. when he arrived in Toronto, they just asked to see the invitation to the wedding. we went to CN Tower right after the airport and he is amazed. We are so happy and thankful to everyone on here that helped us out!
I'm so happy for you, your fiancée and your brother-in-law. It's good to know he wasn't asked too many questions at the POE

Have a great time :):)

Camzzz

Dec 6, 2017
OMG OMG OMG WE GOT A PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE WE DID IT!!!!!!
Hello,

I stumbled to your post and in desperate need of help and advice since you were successful with the application. I don’t know if this allowed in this forum to ask about this but I am planning to get married next year, Sept 2019 here in Ottawa but my family is in the Philippines. My fiance and I both want to get married here however, I don’t want to proceed with the booking of the venue and payments if in case my family wouldn’t be able to come. All of my siblings are single, 2 are working and 1 is still in school. I want to be able to apply for a tourist visa for them as early as now so I can start with my wedding plans. How do I go about it in the letter? Do I need proof of the venue for contracts/etc?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,

I stumbled to your post and in desperate need of help and advice since you were successful with the application. I don’t know if this allowed in this forum to ask about this but I am planning to get married next year, Sept 2019 here in Ottawa but my family is in the Philippines. My fiance and I both want to get married here however, I don’t want to proceed with the booking of the venue and payments if in case my family wouldn’t be able to come. All of my siblings are single, 2 are working and 1 is still in school. I want to be able to apply for a tourist visa for them as early as now so I can start with my wedding plans. How do I go about it in the letter? Do I need proof of the venue for contracts/etc?
First, your family would be applying a year in advance which is not advisable.

Second, if you cannot include proofs of your forthcoming marriage/wedding celebrations then they do not have a strong purpose for their visit.

You may want to wait/not apply for their visas until you have these proofs