+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for fiancee's brother for our wedding? Philippines

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf
Yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person.
Yes, both appoint a representative and grant authorization to IRCC to release information to another person.

Which one do I click, because it is asking me for "Representative's Submission Letter (required)" I am not being paid, what do I upload here?

"If you have indicated that you are using the services of a paid representative, provide the representative's submission letter.
This letter can be obtained from your paid representative, and must be attached to your application."

Also, how do we sign the files? My bro-in-law is in Philippines and I am here.
(You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents.)

does this mean that they will ask for one signature at the end then?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@bellaluna @Bryanna - can you help answer my question above?
Sorry. I don't know how this works online now. In the paper form, there was an option to select an unpaid representative who is a family member. I think you should read the options more carefully again to figure out how to make that distinction.
A representative applies for another person on their behalf. If you simply authorize to release information, it's not the same thing. Hope that helps at least a little bit.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Sorry. I don't know how this works online now. In the paper form, there was an option to select an unpaid representative who is a family member. I think you should read the options more carefully again to figure out how to make that distinction.
A representative applies for another person on their behalf. If you simply authorize to release information, it's not the same thing. Hope that helps at least a little bit.
Ok thanks. Do you know if I am going about this right? I made a GCkey account for him with his info and I am doing all the forms and uploading and paying for it. is that right? Also, aboiut the signing of the docs for him, he just needs a digital signature at the end of the process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok thanks. Do you know if I am going about this right? I made a GCkey account for him with his info and I am doing all the forms and uploading and paying for it. is that right? Also, aboiut the signing of the docs for him, he just needs a digital signature at the end of the process?
You should include IMM5476E (Use of a Representative)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@bellaluna @Bryanna - I need proof of my relationship to my future bro-in-law, how can I do this? include a copy of the wedding invitation?
The wedding invitation would be proof of the purpose of visit.

You can include a copies of the birth certificates of your fiancée and her brother as proof of relationship. The invitation letter should be signed by both of you + copies of relevant documents (yours and your fiancée's)

Reactions: Can_US

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016

You can include a copies of the birth certificates of your fiancée and her brother as proof of relationship. The invitation letter should be signed by both of you + copies of relevant documents (yours and your fiancée's)
ok great, I didn't even think of having her sign the invitation letter.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016

Should I write the letter from both of us (like with "We" instead of "I") and then both of us sign it?