+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for canada to visit my husband

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
[

hi bryanna
the intended time of stay is two months maximum three. my dad is having money lending business ie he takes gold and gives money accordin to the value of gold. the land is agricultural land we earn money from tht land. but its diifucult to prove ie idk which document should i submit for tht? and my dad parents are staying in our own home which is not rented
[/quote]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Maya,

Do keep their visit to 1 month. For this, draw up a day-by-day plan of the tourist places they will visit/meet friends and family.... with expense estimates and prove they have their own finances for this itinerary. Do not simply state tourism as the purpose of visit.

my dad is having money lending business ie he takes gold and gives money accordin to the value of gold.
Money lenders in India have to comply with the Money Lenders Act.... which means a license is necessary to practice. However, this is rarely the case.

Your dad may find it difficult to provide evidence for the money lender business (income earnings from it + business registration/operating this business) as his employment ties. If, however, he has a license + other proofs then that would be great.

Does he own/rent commercial premises to operate this business? If yes, submit property ownership/rent agreement documents + other related evidence.

Your parents must submit 6 months bank statements + 2 years ITRs + proofs of financial investments (FDs, shares, jewelry as investments, etc) + pension + proofs of other retirement benefits (if they were government officials)

the land is agricultural land we earn money from tht land. but its diifucult to prove ie idk which document should i submit for tht?
Do your parents have land ownership documents?
Has the land been assessed by land revenue?
Or can the village council provide documents for the land - translated into English by a certified translator?
Do they have Form J or pay income taxes for the agricultural income?

and my dad parents are staying in our own home which is not rented
Do provide proof of property ownership in your parents' names + recent property tax receipts

They can also show your grandparents live with them + are dependent on your parents financially and for their well-being.... as family ties

Cheers

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
hi bryanna,
i can submit the proof of busiess for my dad like license in his name and the rental agreement of the shop
can submit proof of finance like FD bank statement jewwllery etc and pension too
the main question is what all i type in invitation letter can u give me a format of the lettet if udont mind( my email is is rainbowkrs@gmail.com)
so u saying its better to apply in april if thy coming in july
and should i show my any specific balance in my Canadian bank account ?
and in the letter of invitaion i should specify detailed itenary of thier visit

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Maya,

i can submit the proof of busiess for my dad like license in his name and the rental agreement of the shop
Do include proofs of 2-3 recent rent receipts

I don't have a format for the invitation letter.... this link will help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
You can also prepare Covering Letters for your parents with sections for the strong ties.
Itinerary can be a separate document

so u saying its better to apply in april if thy coming in july
It depends on when you would like them to visit

and should i show my any specific balance in my Canadian bank account ?
Whatever is the maximum you can show. Your parents must ideally show CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare + additional funds

It's not mandatory.... your parents can buy overseas travel medical insurance for their visit.... and submit copies with their visa applications

Cheers

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Bryanna said:
Hi,

After you get married, you must immediately inform CIC about the change in your marital status + include your wife in your PR application. You can also apply for an SOWP for her. Do post the list of documents/her situation/your PR application status when you apply for her so that we can advise

Cheers
Bryanna, I wanted to ask you - Would you recommend to apply for Visitor visa also while her SOWP application is in process? The reason I am asking this because processing time for work permit application from India is two months and for visitor visa is 13 days. If I apply for SOWP first because it has more chance of getting one and a week later apply for visitor visa to try luck ? The result for visitor visa application will be out in two weeks compare to work permit application ( two months).

What you would suggest ?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
maya_india said:
hi
do i need to show the onward and return ticket while i apply for trv
No. You can submit a provisional flight itinerary and state that tickets will be purchased when the TRV is issued

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing good!

Just to inform you that My Visitor visa was rejected, I got the update on 20days back.

Bryanna, Please help me here what shall i do in this present scenario?

Do u want me to apply for SOWP? or Visitor visa again?

Need your advice on the same

Thanks,
Swathi

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Bryanna said:
No. You can submit a provisional flight itinerary and state that tickets will be purchased when the TRV is issued
Hello bryanna

I would like to take your help. I am an Indian citizen and my PR is filed on the 12 th Jan. My husband is a Canadian citizen and he has been diagnosed with a Tumor for which I want to visit him till the time of his treatment. I also want to move around with him for sometime at different places as I have lots of my relatives and friends there. I am employed since past 9 months as a lecturer. I have not received my UCI number yet. So should I wait for it to arrive or can I apply for visitors visa before that. I have lots of relatives who are all doctors including my parents in India. I have a good finance but I do not have any property on my
Name so what all should I do please do help

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Potlaa said:
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing good!

Just to inform you that My Visitor visa was rejected, I got the update on 20days back.

Need your advice on the same

Thanks,
Swathi
Hello Swathi

Just saw all your previous conversations on this thread

I am also from India and I would also like to apply for the visitors visa as my hauband is in Canada and he is a citizen and our PR is already filed on the 12 Jan but I have not received UCI yet. Don't know what to do as my husband has a medical ailment and I want to be with him
For his treatment

What reasons did they give u for rejection ??

Please do guide

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Potlaa said:

Hi Swathi,

Sorry to hear that your TRV was refused. I did tell you that your case was not strong.

Can you post the reasons for your refusal + the list of documents that you submitted

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Drkdd said:
Hello bryanna

I would like to take your help. I am an Indian citizen and my PR is filed on the 12 th Jan. My husband is a Canadian citizen and he has been diagnosed with a Tumor for which I want to visit him till the time of his treatment. I also want to move around with him for sometime at different places as I have lots of my relatives and friends there. I am employed since past 9 months as a lecturer. I have not received my UCI number yet. So should I wait for it to arrive or can I apply for visitors visa before that. I have lots of relatives who are all doctors including my parents in India. I have a good finance but I do not have any property on my
Name so what all should I do please do help
Hi,

I must caution you that it could be difficult to get a TRV for many reasons. You can try though

1. Does your husband live with his immediate family?
2. Is this your first job?
3. Do you live with your parents? Are they dependent on you financially or for their well being? Do you have other family who live with you?
4. Have you traveled abroad earlier?
5. Do you have a lease/rent agreement?

Cheers

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

I must caution you that it could be difficult to get a TRV for many reasons. You can try though

1. Does your husband live with his immediate family?
2. Is this your first job?
3. Do you live with your parents? Are they dependent on you financially or for their well being? Do you have other family who live with you?
4. Have you traveled abroad earlier?
5. Do you have a lease/rent agreement?

Cheers
R
Hello

Thanks for your reply

1. My husband is staying with his parents who are also citizen of Canada
2. I have my job since 9 months and my parents are doctors but they are not dependent on me
3. Yes I have travelled abroad to Mauritius Switzerland and Australia
4. I do not have any rent or lease

I stay with my parents but I have my own finance which is quite strong

please do guide me

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Drkdd said:
Hello

Thanks for your reply

1. My husband is staying with his parents who are also citizen of Canada
2. I have my job since 9 months and my parents are doctors but they are not dependent on me
3. Yes I have travelled abroad to Mauritius Switzerland and Australia
4. I do not have any rent or lease

I stay with my parents but I have my own finance which is quite strong

please do guide me
I am a doctor myself and so is my husband in Canada. I had a job before a few years but I had to leave it as I got admission for my masters. I am a dentist by profession and I have Pursued my masters as well and immediately after my result I am with a college as a lecturer

I have got my INcome tax returns and all my financial papers ready

I also have a lot of extended family who says in the same city and all my family are doctors as well

Please do guide

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Drkdd said:
Hello Swathi

Just saw all your previous conversations on this thread

I am also from India and I would also like to apply for the visitors visa as my hauband is in Canada and he is a citizen and our PR is already filed on the 12 Jan but I have not received UCI yet. Don't know what to do as my husband has a medical ailment and I want to be with him
For his treatment

What reasons did they give u for rejection ??

Please do guide
Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

I just mentioned all the documents in Bryanna's thread. Please go through the same.

As per my knowledge,
Getting Visa for one while her/his spouse is staying in canada is little difficult as informed by one of the immigration lawyer from Canada.
But I guess, you can show your husband's doctor appointment papers and his medical reports to support your application. Let them understand your hard situation.

I think Bryanna is the right person to discuss about your case. He will definitely help you out. Keep in touch with him.

Thanks,
swathi