+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for canada to visit my husband

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi..Iam an Indian citizen and planning to apply for Visitor visa for canada. My husband is staying in canada on full time work permit which he got on 18th Nov and valid till Nov-2018. We are planning to apply for visitor visa as SOWP is taking too much of time. Iam working in bangalore. Can i know what are the documents needed from my husband to apply visitor visa(Papaer application) ?? What would be the best reason to mention?? we are planning to mention that iam going to visit him for valentines day celebration since it is our first V-day after marriage. The planned duration is from 30th Jan to 20th Feb(3 weeks) and iam planning to attach a letter of leave approval from my company in that duration. Please correct me if iam wrong anywhere. Please help me with the process.

Best regards
Swati

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It is difficult to get TRVs when one has a spouse working/PR in Canada. You can try though.... by demonstrating you have very strong reasons to return to India.

My suggestions:
a. Do NOT limit your purpose of visit to only wanting to celebrate Valentines Day together.... this is a one-day event, whereas you want to visit for nearly 3 weeks. You must prepare a day-by-day itinerary like a typical tourist with expense estimates (and show you have the money for this visit without borrowing from anyone)

b. Do not use words like you miss your husband, you cannot stay without your husband, you have not spent time together after your marriage, etc in the invitation or cover letters.

c. Do keep your visit to about 2-2.5 weeks, preferably around any statutory holidays (and explain that a visit around these dates gives you more days off work)

What ties can you show.... for your employment, family, financial, property or rented accommodation? Any previous travel history? Any *must return by date* for professional or personal reasons? Any other commitments or responsibilities?

Cheers

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Bryanna,
Thank you so much for your reply. I will surely follow that.

Below are the ties i am planning to show(Points based on your reply): Plz look into it

> I am taking leave approval letter from my company for the period which i'm going to stay in canada
> Me and My mother-in-law are staying in bangalore as my father-in-law expired some 3yrs ago.(Plz let me know how can i convey this to embassy that i need to take care of my M-I-L..Can i prepare an affidavit? or Simply write the same in cover letter?)
> I am going to show my parents property documents including my in-law's property docs(Around 10crs)..My bank account(10lakhs) and my payslips too.(Is it sufficient?)
>Which rented accomodation do i need to show?? Mine(Bangalore)/my husband's(Canada)??
>There is no 'Must return date' as such..
> Only commitment is to look after my mother-in-law. and iam planning to show my employment letter and leave approval letter, will try to convince them that i need to come back to india before my leave expires and need to join in my role.

Please do reply you views on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You're welcome :)

I am taking leave approval letter from my company for the period which i'm going to stay in canada
Do NOT use words like you are *going to stay/live/reside* in your application. As a visitor, you are only supposed to visit.

For your employment:
Employment letter (how long have you been working at your current employer) + 6 months payslips + 2 years ITRs + leave approval letter stating you'll have your job when you return

Me and My mother-in-law are staying in bangalore as my father-in-law expired some 3yrs ago.
Any proofs to show you and your MIL reside at the same address + Proofs that you take care of your MIL financially or her well-being.

I am going to show my parents property documents including my in-law's property docs(Around 10crs)
If these properties are owned by your parents and in-laws (not by you) then there's no point in submitting these property documents.

Do you hold Power of Attorneys for any of these properties?

My bank account(10lakhs) and my payslips too.(Is it sufficient?)
Is all of this money your own money? Have you borrowed any of it for the visa?

Do you also have any FDs, shares/mutual funds, LIC, PPF, EPF, foreign currency?

Which rented accomodation do i need to show?? Mine(Bangalore)/my husband's(Canada)??
Your rented accommodation in Bangalore. Is the rent agreement in your name? Rent receipts for 2-3 months + proof if you pay the utility bills

There is no 'Must return date' as such..
Must return date: For example, project completion/training program/wedding in the immediate family, etc.... with evidence.

will try to convince them that i need to come back to india before my leave expires and need to join in my role.
The only way you can convince the visa officer is by hard evidence + strong ties.... affidavits and explanations will not work

Have you traveled abroad earlier?
Does your husband have any other siblings who also live in Bangalore?

Cheers

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

>Whole property is owned by them actually. But they are legally writing an affidavit with lawyer signature on it mentioning that they are also going to sponsor my trip( lodging, travel tkts etc)..Will it help??
I don't have any power of attorney's on it..but my property is also included in it as they have given some properties to me at the time of marriage but not changed ownership yet officially.

> I do have 5lakhs of FD and rest of the money borrowed from parents
>I have not travelled to any country before :( ..I know this z going to b one drawback
>No, my husband's sibling is in USA,not in Bangalore. We are thinking to not to show that his brother is in USA.Can we do that?
> Even my brother is in USA on study visa..Is it mandate to show that he is in US currently?

Plz help.

Thanks and regards,
Swathi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Swathi,

Affidavits will NOT work. Also, why would your India relatives finance your accommodation for your Canada visit? You'll be staying with your husband.

You must show you have the finances to fund your visit.... if you do not have the finances then your parents/MIL can give a Letter of Financial Support + transfer money to your bank account (they must provide their bank statements also).... or buy Forex cards in your name topped up with CAD (again, they must provide their bank statements to show they have transferred the money).

Unless the properties are stamp duty paid for + government registered + transferred to your name.... you cannot present them as your properties. So there's no point in submitting any property documents.

I do have 5lakhs of FD and rest of the money borrowed from parents
FDs are locked-in unless you can liquidate them (if required). This will NOT help to prove your liquid finances for your visit.

However, you can submit copies of your FDs + Interest Certificates from the bank(s) + letter from the bank(s) that the FDs are not mortgaged/can be liquidated, if required.

Can you show some salary deposits in your bank account? What about 2 years ITRs?

I have not travelled to any country before Sad ..I know this z going to b one drawback
No, this is not a drawback. People must travel somewhere for the first time :)

Even my brother is in USA on study visa..Is it mandate to show that he is in US currently?
Yes, the Family Information form makes it mandatory for you to declare your siblings. If you do not declare this information, it is misrepresentation.... and in a worse case, you can be given a 5-year ban on entering Canada.

Your strong ties - as I see it - are only your employment and your MIL (as a family tie). Your financials are not strong.

My advice is please put your plans to visit on hold for the next few months until you build your finances + stronger ties + you can prove a *must return* date. If you still wish to apply now then please refer to my previous posts for suggestions/how to present your situation well

Cheers

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hello Brayanna,

Thanks alot for your suggestions.

It would really help for further processing on my visa. I will be happy to connect with you in future if i have any doubts in my processing.

Thanks,
Swathi

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Hope you are doing good.

Sorry for bugging with too many questions.

I have seen many posts in forum related to Single entry/Multiple entry in Visitor visa.

What exactly it means??
As u know my present situation, what would be the best option for us to apply?(Single/Multiple)
If it is multiple entry, Documentation would be same or different?

Please help with the best option.

Thanks,
Swathi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Swathi,

I'm good. Thanks for asking. How are you?

Not an issue about asking questions :) Single entry TRV means the visitor can enter Canada only once during the validity of this visa.... multiple entry TRV means the visitor can enter multiple times during the visa validity.

All applications are automatically considered for MEVs. Even if you specifically apply for a SEV, the visa officer who assesses your application will determine whether you should be granted a SEV/MEV + the visa validity.

In certain cases, the visa officer may determine that a SEV is sufficient (even if the applicant requests for an MEV).... and the VO will not issue a MEV. The VO will make internal visa notes why a SEV (and not an MEV) was granted.

The documentation is the same for both types

Cheers

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Bryanna,

I'm doing good.

Thanks for the answer. now i got some idea on it.

And i am all set to drop visa documents tomorrow. Wish me good luck :) Thanks for your assistance through out my processing. It really helped me a lot to understand the process.

Hope i will not come back with some more questions for Visa processing for next time.

Regards
Swathi

shilpasarawagi

Dec 22, 2015
Hi Bryanna,
Greetings for the day! I have been following this thread and my problem is similar.

I recently submitted an application for a temporary residence VISA for more than 6 months so I can move to Canada from India and live with my husband till his work permit expires in Sept 2016.

Unfortunately it got rejected and the document I received from the Canadian High Commission in India was -

-"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-Length of proposed stay in Canada
-Purpose of visit
-Current employment situation
-I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
-You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets."

I am really worried now, what to do next. What do you advice, should be my next steps?

Thanks,
Shilpa :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Shilpa,

Unfortunately, it is not surprising why you were refused.... as a visitor, you're supposed to visit and not stay long-term in Canada until your husband's WP expires in September 2016. Nor should you use words like *I can move to Canada* or *live with my husband till his work permit expires in Sept 2016*.

TRV means Temporary Residence.

Can you please give some details about your personal and professional situation:
Are you employed? Will your employer allow you to take a holiday for 2-3 weeks maximum?
How much funds did you show? Was any of it borrowed from someone just for the TRV?
Do you have any other ties to India: Property ownership or rent agreement? Financial investments? Family who live with you?
Have you traveled abroad earlier?
What documents did your husband submit as the host? Did he submit any financial documents?

Cheers

shilpasarawagi

Dec 22, 2015
Thanks or the prompt reply Bryanna :)!!

Please find the answers to your queries as following-

- Are you employed? Will your employer allow you to take a holiday for 2-3 weeks maximum? -
No
- How much funds did you show? Was any of it borrowed from someone just for the TRV? -
I said I will be dependent on my husband and he shared his bank statements, paystubs and employee letter from his company. He showed avg around 10000 CAD.
- Do you have any other ties to India: Property ownership or rent agreement? Financial investments? Family who live with you?
I don't have any property agreement or rent agreement on my name. Both my parents and my husband's parents have financial investments and property ownership. I live with my in-laws( Mother-in-law, father-in-law and brother-in-law)
Have you traveled abroad earlier? - Yes I have traveled to Korea and Kazakhstan.
What documents did your husband submit as the host? Did he submit any financial documents? - My husband shared his bank statements, paystubs and employee letter from his company. He also shared letter in which he told that he will be sponsoring me.

Also, please let me know if this is a right visa I have applied for, considering my situation. I just want to live with my husband for the time he is staying in canada. What should be my next steps.

Thanks!

Potlaa

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

one more question.
Do i need to add my previous employment documents as well along with my current employment??