+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for canada to visit my husband

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Swathi,

You can submit your current employment documents if you've worked with this employer for about a year.... if you've worked for less than one year then you must submit your employment documents for the previous employer also.

My advice:
Take your time and prepare a good application. Your case is not strong (except for your employment/MIL ties)..... do not rush. In any case, the visa office will be closed for Christmas

Cheers

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Bryanna said:
Hi Swathi,

You can submit your current employment documents if you've worked with this employer for about a year.... if you've worked for less than one year then you must submit your employment documents for the previous employer also.

My advice:
Take your time and prepare a good application. Your case is not strong (except for your employment/MIL ties)..... do not rush. In any case, the visa office will be closed for Christmas

Cheers

Hi Bryanna,

I see you sharing very quality information with others. I would ask for some expert advice from you for my case. I am planning to get married in Feb 2016. I am currently on bonded work permit which is valid till Oct 2016. I have full time, permanent job in NOC B category. I have received PNP nomination letter and my permanent residency is in process with CIC. I have household lease agreement under my name, good financial standing.

My ques is - What would be the best option for me to have my spouse visit Canada with me after our marriage?

I have been told once I get married, I can update CIC about it and later mine & my spouse's PR will come altogether.?
Also as I have NOC B category job and my work permit is valid for more than 6 months .. I can have my spouse applied for open work permit?

To give you better understanding about my case , here is my spouse detail

Traveled internationally once
Lives with her parents at the moment
Employment- Have full time job for almost a year

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Thanks in advance

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
hi guys..

I have a multiple entry visa which will expire on feb 2016. what is the process of renewing it? is it the same like applying for the first time? and some said that i have to use it first because they will not give me a new tourist visa if i didn't use the old one. i worked in middle east that's why i wasn't able to travel to Canada.

thanks you :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@LOVK

You will have to apply from scratch for a new TRV.... stating a purpose of visit + strong ties to your home country/country of residence (Middle East) + adequate finances to support your visit.... like the first time.

No, it's not necessary for you to travel on the existing TRV to be eligible for a new TRV

Cheers :)

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
Thank you bryanna.. God bless ;D

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
hi bryanna

am a permanent resident and i want to bring my parents both mom and dad since am pregnant and for my dleivery which is scheduled in july. the purpose of vist is to take care of me during pregnancy period. so which visa should i apply for is it vistor visa or super visa

what shold i type in letter of invitation to the embassy?give me an idea pls
both my parents are retired govt servants and thy have enough finacil a support for themselves in home country
and kindly guide what all things i should consider before applying

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Maya,

TRV or Super visa would depend on how long you would like your parents to be with you. Typically, one can remain for up to 6 months on a TRV (it is possible to extend the period of authorized stay after this).... or for up to 2 years on initial entry on super visas.

I recommend you do NOT mention the purpose of visit as *take care of you/your baby* as this means working illegally on a TRV.... and could result in refusals.

You may want to prepare a typical tourist type of itinerary + meet family/friends, etc. How long will they visit?

As your parents are retired, they must show strong ties to India.... property ownership/leased accommodation, pension/rental income/financial investments, any dependent family who live with them (your siblings/grandparents), some strong reason to return to India after their visit

You can post the list of documents/brief details of your parents professional and personal situation so I can advise

Cheers :)

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Bryanna said:
Hi Maya,

TRV or Super visa would depend on how long you would like your parents to be with you. Typically, one can remain for up to 6 months on a TRV (it is possible to extend the period of authorized stay after this).... or for up to 2 years on initial entry on super visas.
Bryanna,

Please see my inquiry as well on this page.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hammer said:
Hi Bryanna,

I see you sharing very quality information with others. I would ask for some expert advice from you for my case. I am planning to get married in Feb 2016. I am currently on bonded work permit which is valid till Oct 2016. I have full time, permanent job in NOC B category. I have received PNP nomination letter and my permanent residency is in process with CIC. I have household lease agreement under my name, good financial standing.

My ques is - What would be the best option for me to have my spouse visit Canada with me after our marriage?

I have been told once I get married, I can update CIC about it and later mine & my spouse's PR will come altogether.?
Also as I have NOC B category job and my work permit is valid for more than 6 months .. I can have my spouse applied for open work permit?

To give you better understanding about my case , here is my spouse detail

Traveled internationally once
Lives with her parents at the moment
Employment- Have full time job for almost a year

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Sorry I missed seeing your post.

You must inform CIC after you get married and apply to include your wife in your PR application. Do not land without informing CIC about the change in your marital status because you will never be able to sponsor your wife in future.

For how long does you wife want to visit after marriage?

Typically, you can expect it to be difficult for your wife to get a TRV because it could be perceived as wanting to overstay her visit. She can try though by demonstrating strong ties to her home country.

For example:
Are her parents dependent on her financially or for her well-being?
Can she prove a *must return by* date?
Does she have good financial situation?
Does she have other commitments/responsibilities?

Cheers

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Sorry I missed seeing your post.

You must inform CIC after you get married and apply to include your wife in your PR application. Do not land without informing CIC about the change in your marital status because you will never be able to sponsor your wife in future.

For how long does you wife want to visit after marriage?

Typically, you can expect it to be difficult for your wife to get a TRV because it could be perceived as wanting to overstay her visit. She can try though by demonstrating strong ties to her home country.
Does she have other commitments/responsibilities?

Cheers
Thanks for quick response.

So would you suggest applying her Spouse Open Work Permit application? If yes then what all additional info I should keep in mind other than standard checklist ( Forms n all)?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

After you get married, you must immediately inform CIC about the change in your marital status + include your wife in your PR application. You can also apply for an SOWP for her. Do post the list of documents/her situation/your PR application status when you apply for her so that we can advise

Cheers

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
hi bryanna

i would like thm to bring in the month of july . my parents are gettting pension and both my parents have fixed asset like land and my dad is doing financial business in my home country. in the letter of invitation wat reason should i say to bring them here. since its summer time can i say for visiting tourist place

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Maya,

For how long will your parents visit?

Is it agricultural land? Do they earn any income from it? Or is it a commercial/residential plot of land on which they plan to construct?

What is the nature of your dad's financial business? Share market?

Also, you should not apply more than 6 months from the intended date of entry.... so do take your time to prepare strong TRV applications

Cheers

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Bryanna said:
Hi,

After you get married, you must immediately inform CIC about the change in your marital status + include your wife in your PR application. You can also apply for an SOWP for her. Do post the list of documents/her situation/your PR application status when you apply for her so that we can advise

Cheers
Thanks for your help and Yes, I will seek your advice before applying it too.

:)