+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Depression

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
How likely am I to get approved a tourist visa?

I am a 19y.o female med student in my home country (Morocco) and want to apply for a visitor visa so to visit my friends that study and live there who want me to visit them there and explore the city of
montreal with them (they has a canadian nationality) . I have no personal income as my parents take care of all my expenses but we are in the process of me having one their properties under my name (idk if it will be a bonus info to add in my documents if the process is complete once I apply for the visa) but I can't buy round trip tickets to add as documents as I don't know exactly when i'll visit my friends there as I am busy with uni but know for sure I will once I have vacations. How hard do you think it will be to get approved? Btw will be staying at friend's house and I can ask them to write me an invitation letter. I have two friends that want me to visit them in canada (montreal) so is 2 invitation letters a good bonus? (and ofc i have my student ID to add as documents)

Btw : have been in and out of the country multiple times to France and Spain, with Shengen visas for years

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I am a 19y.o female med student in my home country (Morocco) and want to apply for a visitor visa so to visit my friends that study and live there who want me to visit them there and explore the city of
montreal with them (they has a canadian nationality) . I have no personal income as my parents take care of all my expenses but we are in the process of me having one their properties under my name (idk if it will be a bonus info to add in my documents if the process is complete once I apply for the visa) but I can't buy round trip tickets to add as documents as I don't know exactly when i'll visit my friends there as I am busy with uni but know for sure I will once I have vacations. How hard do you think it will be to get approved? Btw will be staying at friend's house and I can ask them to write me an invitation letter. I have two friends that want me to visit them in canada (montreal) so is 2 invitation letters a good bonus? (and ofc i have my student ID to add as documents)

Btw : have been in and out of the country multiple times to France and Spain, with Shengen visas for years
How much liquid cash (not fixes deposits) will your parents be able to show? Have you ever attempted to study or work abroad (any Country) Immigrate? What about your family? Do you have sibling and do they all live in Morocco?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No one can tell you how difficult it will be to be approved.

Your age, single status / lack of family ties, lack of employment, lack of funds will work against you.

The fact you have a travel history is a plus.

When you apply, make sure you show evidence from your school that you are enrolled and have paid your tuition for the next semester.

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
How much liquid cash (not fixes deposits) will your parents be able to show? Have you ever attempted to study or work abroad (any Country) Immigrate? What about your family? Do you have sibling and do they all live in Morocco?
My family all lives in Morocco! But why liquid cash tho? From my parents's bank statements and real estate they own the can know that we are upper middle class in Morocco and money for a 2-weeks trip at my friends' where i won't have to pay rent or a place to stay will not be an issue!

Last edited:

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
No one can tell you how difficult it will be to be approved.

Your age, single status / lack of family ties, lack of employment, lack of funds will work against you.

The fact you have a travel history is a plus.

When you apply, make sure you show evidence from your school that you are enrolled and have paid your tuition for the next semester.
What family ties can I show tho? My parents and siblings are all in Morocco. My uni is a "public" uni which is free and réinscriptions open when the last semester ends but I can show my "attestation de scolarité". And all my expenses are taken care of by my parents! I do hope they do know/take in consideration the norms of life from the country the person applied!
I'll also add a letter of intent to explain my situation ofc.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My family all lives in Morocco! But why liquid cash tho?
Cash show that you can support a visit. Property/investments/income are not cash. IRCC wants to see that you can come visit and be able to afford it. You don’t really have family ties. Show university registration and timetable to return.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What family ties can I show tho? My parents and siblings are all in Morocco. My uni is a "public" uni which is free and réinscriptions open when the last semester ends but I can show my "attestation de scolarité". And all my expenses are taken care of by my parents! I do hope they do know/take in consideration the norms of life from the country the person applied!
I'll also add a letter of intent to explain my situation ofc.
Unfortunately you really cannot show family ties since you have no spouse or children. Your parents and siblings generally aren't considered as ties.

Include a letter from the university confirming that you enrolled for the next semester.

You should show a bank statement from your parents and a letter from them confirming they are funding your trip.

Good luck.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019

let me give you a reality check, it is very difficult (if we dont say its near to impossible) to get a visa with your profile.
Home ties,
Financial ties,
will be needed.

Single, Public university student, no job/business in home country, is a straight red flag of 179b((b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay) and a clear indicator of no incentive to return home.

Reactions: gardeden

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My family all lives in Morocco! But why liquid cash tho? From my parents's bank statements and real estate they own the can know that we are upper middle class in Morocco and money for a 2-weeks trip at my friends' where i won't have to pay rent or a place to stay will not be an issue!
Even if you won’t be paying for a hotel you still have to show that you can pay for one if necessary because there are arguments between friends or family and IRCC wants to see that you could afford to house yourself and return him if necessary.

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
Unfortunately you really cannot show family ties since you have no spouse or children. Your parents and siblings generally aren't considered as ties.

Include a letter from the university confirming that you enrolled for the next semester.

You should show a bank statement from your parents and a letter from them confirming they are funding your trip.

Good luck.
Ofc! I'll write a letter of intent, have invitation letters from my canadian friends and a parents-funding-my-trip letter!

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
let me give you a reality check, it is very difficult (if we dont say its near to impossible) to get a visa with your profile.
Home ties,
Financial ties,
will be needed.

Single, Public university student, no job/business in home country, is a straight red flag of 179b((b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay) and a clear indicator of no incentive to return home.
I do know it's really difficult but letters of intent and invitations from my canadian citizen friends explaining my situation and that's it's a simple visit really is that hard to believe? Sounds like it relies on luck and the officer that reviews your application!

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
I do know it's really difficult but letters of intent and invitations from my canadian citizen friends explaining my situation and that's it's a simple visit really is that hard to believe? Sounds like it relies on luck and the officer that reviews your application!
Its not luck, its a decision on probabilities around your application.
Every application should cover 3 parts
1- Purpose
2- Home ties
3- Financials
You can try your luck, but be prepared for the outcome. It wont be easy.

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
Its not luck, its a decision on probabilities around your application.
Every application should cover 3 parts
1- Purpose
2- Home ties
3- Financials
You can try your luck, but be prepared for the outcome. It wont be easy.
Thank you for your advices and time!