+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa - Apply Online

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for my visitor visa and I saw that there is an online option. Has anyone experienced this and any difference from applying with physical documents?

Thanks

VG

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I did, for my folks but got stuck at 1 point

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/stuck-on-online-applying-for-extension-of-stay-t122548.0.html

.noone could answer me but I picked visitor record and in the end it was all OK

..however, still waiting for it s they are working on Sept 9 apps, if u need any help, u can PM me or ask here

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks user828,

I created MyCIC account for an online application. However, I am concerned that for this service, you are requested to apply only a certain supporting documents while with paper application you can provide more which can support your application stronger.

Should I go with the online one? Any opinion or experience?

Thanks,
VG

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Vietgirl said:
Thanks user828,

I created MyCIC account for an online application. However, I am concerned that for this service, you are requested to apply only a certain supporting documents while with paper application you can provide more which can support your application stronger.

Thanks,
VG
woops, its only for ext - I thought thats what u asked? there is no online app for visit visa unless its something new

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
jonats said:
The online application is for extention of visa only.
Maybe this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

lina-pina

Dec 20, 2012
Hey everyone...

Is this true? Because in the website of CIC it is written the following

Before you plan your visit, you should find out if you need a visa to enter Canada. If you do not need a visitor visa, you will still need to meet some specific requirements.

If you need a visitor visa to come to Canada, follow these steps:

1. Determine how you will apply
There are two ways you can apply:

Apply online

To apply online you must have access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents for uploading and have a valid credit card for payment. Determine your eligibility and apply online.

Apply on paper

Please follow steps 2 to 4 below.

Any ideas?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lina-pina said:
Hey everyone...

Is this true? Because in the website of CIC it is written the following

Before you plan your visit, you should find out if you need a visa to enter Canada. If you do not need a visitor visa, you will still need to meet some specific requirements.

If you need a visitor visa to come to Canada, follow these steps:

1. Determine how you will apply
There are two ways you can apply:

Apply online

To apply online you must have access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents for uploading and have a valid credit card for payment. Determine your eligibility and apply online.

Apply on paper

Please follow steps 2 to 4 below.

Any ideas?
Read the bulletin. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob486.asp It is for initial TRV applications. (TRVs can't be extended) extensions in Canada as well as initial study and work permits.

arun.k

Dec 20, 2012
The program is indeed fully online process - I talked to CIC today. You have to upload all document copies. When they decide on the application you will get a message to send the passport to Ottawa.
Info was hard to get - one agent even told me it is an Ottawa office program and they don't have any information.
I am still confused about electronic signature - CIC says sign electronically and upload, but once you reach the validation stage of the form there is no guidance how to sign. What is your experience?

royalbd

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6, 2013
File Transfer...
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013 , Again remedical request 6 Feb, 2014
Interview........
No
VISA ISSUED...
21 May, 2013
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Hi Fellow,

I's also at this stage and confused..I looked for ans in this thread..came across ur situation..

But I moved on..so the digital signature is at next stage..upload the IMM 5257 form and all other docs..click next for review..then it'll ask you to provide name and confirmation. It's even before you pay the fee.

Thought to share you guys..Have good luck..

arun.k said:
The program is indeed fully online process - I talked to CIC today. You have to upload all document copies. When they decide on the application you will get a message to send the passport to Ottawa.
Info was hard to get - one agent even told me it is an Ottawa office program and they don't have any information.
I am still confused about electronic signature - CIC says sign electronically and upload, but once you reach the validation stage of the form there is no guidance how to sign. What is your experience?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Just a tip for anyone using the online application - save everything as Word documents. Don't use picture files. They will overload the MB capacity of the application quickly.

You can copy/paste any pictures into Word and save the files this way.

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
Vietgirl said:
Thanks user828,

Thanks,
VG

walextro21212

Jan 2, 2013
Hello My Name is Olawale.am a new member here.I will want to know what are the requirements needed for a Canada Visiting Visa..

wreckitralph

Dec 24, 2012
Hello,

I am currently in Canada on my study permit which expires on 31st March 2013. I have already finished my education in Canada and want to come back for visiting family and then again want to go back before March 31st.

Now my TRV has expired and I want to renew it on the basis of the study permit while I am in India, New Delhi.
  • Can I apply like while in India? and can I apply TRV Online with new system?
    What documents will I require for that? I know I can apply via VFS
    Will I need any medicals/financial proof
    How much time will it take.
Please reply