9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If you're inside Canada : Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

gauravmi2

Feb 21, 2013
HAS anyone got a visitor visa through this new online system.

I applied online by submitting all documents on Jan 31 2013. Im in California, USA. Havent heard from them after submitting my application.

Anyone submitted online visa application in USA recently? DId you get your visa yet?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You can check processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Online inside Canada is 59 days. They're still working on applications from December.

raphaelle_g

Feb 25, 2013
Did any of you hear back regarding visitor visa? I wonder how long this whole thing will take. I applied online for visitor visa on Feb 12. I'm in the US. Neet to leave for Montreal in 20 days..

jtgross770

Feb 26, 2013
hope you can help.

I left canada 5 years ago and became a green card holder in the US. I met my husband here. During that time my PRC for canada xpired. I need to travel to canada urgently for an ill family member. Can i travel in using my us green card and aussie passport without a problem. Or do i need to do something with my canadian prc card.

Pauljohnwong

Sep 23, 2013
Hi all,

I am in the same situation (Visitor VISA), created CIC but have not submitted anything.

Would like to consult you guys to decide whether to go for online or paper submission.

Does the online thing works?

Can you please tell me how long you waited for a respond after submitted online application?

What happen after that? Send passport to nearest Canada Embassy?

How long was the entire process? Online application -> Received Passport with Canada VISA

Thank you very much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pauljohnwong said:
Hi all,

I am in the same situation (Visitor VISA), created CIC but have not submitted anything.

Would like to consult you guys to decide whether to go for online or paper submission.

Does the online thing works?

Can you please tell me how long you waited for a respond after submitted online application?

What happen after that? Send passport to nearest Canada Embassy?

How long was the entire process? Online application -> Received Passport with Canada VISA

Thank you very much
Go for paper submission especially through VAC if you want faster results.

carla14

Mar 5, 2013
Hi, im new for applying visitor visa,i want to ask if there is a possible that i can apply a visitor visa in canada but i am here in hongkong working as a domestic helper i have recieve my invitation letter from my fiancee he is a resident there he will provide all my expenses while im staying there in canada.need reply plz,thank you

fernandadgz

Dec 2, 2013
Hello everyone!, :)

Can anyone help me with this question?

My boss is a Canadian citizen that lives in Mexico, he got married with a Mexican lady one year and a half ago. Today they want to travel to Canada to visit their family and for that they need to obtain a Visa for her, his wife.

Could anyone let me know if there is a special application form for sponsoring spouse? I have been looking for it in their website, but I only found standard or generic application form.

Thank you so much! ;)

Kind Regards,
Fernanda D.

tatuka

Apr 1, 2014
hello I wanted to ask information for visitor visa from outside Canada I applied online and I have confermation of submit. I have the citizenship of Georgia but I live in Italy and I do not know if I should apply online or not and also some documents are in Italian because I thought that I would send embassy in Rome. Application state is open and now I'm interested if i can to apply paper for a visa in rome, or i must wait. thanks and sorry

Ellie11

Apr 24, 2015
carla14 said:
Hi, im new for applying visitor visa,i want to ask if there is a possible that i can apply a visitor visa in canada but i am here in hongkong working as a domestic helper i have recieve my invitation letter from my fiancee he is a resident there he will provide all my expenses while im staying there in canada.need reply plz,thank you
Same situation!im currently working here in hongkong as a domestic helper i am planning to apply a visitor visa in canada since my fiance is willing to provide all my expenses and he will send me an invitation letter too.I want to ask if there is a possibility that i can apply a visitor visa then?
Need help please Thank you