abdullah1982

May 19, 2014
Good luck alikaj

I have applied in 18/05/2015

And till today in words there is no any update
I think this the peak season

Because last year I got it in 40 days

But now till today about 66 days

And also Syrian and phalstinian have more processing time line than other Nationalty

For my self I will only waiting

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
@ ziadelbaghdadi
I just waited at the security desk after filling out the form. They take the form in, and then let people with appointments in. After 45 mins or so they let me in. I just waited at the security desk and didn't leave. After they let me in, I got a token and I had to wait again. Your wait will depend on the number of people who have appointments and who just walked in. I think I waited for another 45 mins and got my turn.

I would suggest you take your passport, and any other travel itinerary that you might have. Before going call the Abu Dhabi consulate and confirm the days that you can walk in. I am sure about Wednesday, since that's when I went but not sure of the other day.

And to confirm the consulate is in the Abu Dhabi mall.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ akilaj
Thanks a lot of the advice, I did call the consulate and they said that Mondays and Wednesdays (9:30 to 11:00) are the days for immigration related issues (including TRVs)...

I will go on Monday and hopefully will get it straighten out.
Wish me luck!

iloiloilo12

Jul 24, 2015
hello,I am from georgia.
I received mail "your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 23 Jul 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre."

I check my status 24 Jul, "Passport has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre".

whats happend? :( Rejection ?:((( Please answer,please...

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ iloiloilo12 , in my past 4 TRV experiences (applying in the UAE), every time the embassy asks for the passport it means that they want to put the visa in it, its never a rejection.
However, I don't think there is a way to know for sure until you get your passport back...Be patient, you will know soon :)
Good luck!

iloiloilo12

Jul 24, 2015
ziadelbaghdadi said:
@ iloiloilo12 , in my past 4 TRV experiences (applying in the UAE), every time the embassy asks for the passport it means that they want to put the visa in it, its never a rejection.
However, I don't think there is a way to know for sure until you get your passport back...Be patient, you will know soon :)
Good luck!
thanks Bro

sardarkhan

Oct 13, 2012
I applied online on 22 june 2015 and biometrics done on same date.

got usa visa with security cleance and previous Uk and schengen visits.

Send Email on 17 July 2015 but no response.

Why it is taking too long in Abu dhabi, UAE? Should I visit embassy?

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ sardarkhan, I am in your same exact situation, and it is strange given that it took me personally less than a week in all my past 4 applications. Thats why I will be going to the embassy on Monday.

FYI: The embassy times for TRV (and other immigration related) issues is Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 to 11...

Good Luck

sardarkhan

Oct 13, 2012
@ziadelbaghdadi

My elders brothers have file applications before and they have got TRV in between 20-30 days
One brother got right before his departure to USA and 2nd got after his travelling date expired, they both got responses after their online enquiry to Embassy.

I am not sure whether it will be good to travel to Embassy directly, will it impact adversely on our TRV application.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
sardarkhan said:
@ ziadelbaghdadi

My elders brothers have file applications before and they have got TRV in between 20-30 days
One brother got right before his departure to USA and 2nd got after his travelling date expired, they both got responses after their online enquiry to Embassy.

I am not sure whether it will be good to travel to Embassy directly, will it impact adversely on our TRV application.
I don't think it will effect the application (read the earlier posts above from alkilaj), you are an applicant and you have the right to know if there is excessive delay. I will go tomorrow in all cases and let you know what happens.

sksk

May 14, 2014
hi

i applied through vfs on 21st July and my file had passed to embassy by 22nd July. i know its too early to get a reply. just waiting to pass one week.
anyone who have apply via vfs and got after 1 week. cos some get the passport after 1 week with visa.

good luck to all :)

sardarkhan

Oct 13, 2012
@ziadelbaghdadi
I have sent the 2nd email yesterday, I will wait till Tuesday if nothing comes-up, I will visit embassy on Wednesday.

plz do update about your today's visit.

sardarkhan

Oct 13, 2012
I have filed application online 22 June 2015 and send online enquiry on 14 July 2015 and then 2nd enquiry on 26 July 2015 and now got this response on 27 July 2015.

I got this response, not sure what to do now. Can somebody advise, shall I visit embassy or shall I wait for their background check to be completed. (Noted: I already have got valid USA visa with security clearance mentioned on it and Schengen & UK visit).

Dear Sir,

All applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.

Our website, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/processing-traitement.aspx, notes the processing times for the different categories of applications and for residents and nationals of certain countries.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / BB

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ sardarkhan

I just got back from the embassy. Basically in my case the result of the background checks is due on the 30th of July. So I have to wait until next Monday.

Going to the embassy will give you a chance to talk to the officer directly and inquire about your application specifically and how long it will exactly take. However you have to be ready for a long wait of a minimum of 2 hours. If you intend to go, my advice is be as early as possible (before 9).

All the best to everyone