+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa applied in Abu Dhabi

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
I applied online for a visit visa on Jun 26th. I haven't heard anything back yet :( Processing times shows 14 days for Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Is that in business days and is that for applications submitted through VFS? Is there a separate processing time for online applications? I looked everywhere but can't find anything.

I am getting nervous because we travel in 3 weeks and this can disrupt all our travel plans! I even sent an email through the case inquiry link 2 days back, but haven't heard anything.

Thanks,
Deepa

jbjc

Jul 11, 2015
Hello Deepa,

I also submit online here in Dubai,i submitted last Sunday and get result today (3days),though it was rejected.So i guess if the processing is long then it means higher chance of approval.What is the status now in ur acct?The 14days that they show in website for abu dhabi processing means working days and it applies to applications made online and thru VFS.

Goodluck

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
Sorry to hear that your application was rejected! Good luck next time! Was yours a visitor's visa as well?

My application status is "Open" and Final Decision is "Not Started".

abdullah1982

May 19, 2014
Hello every one
Last year I apply and I got it in 40 days in Abu dhabi

This year I apply with my family in Dubai
I apply in 18may but till now I don't hear anything back

It's this normal
My nationality are Syrian

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
So much for the average processing time! I wish there was a better way to track application status and an easier way to get in touch with the Consulate.

abdullah1982

May 19, 2014
Actually the processing time independ to the Nationalty of the applicant
Not according to the place of the application

Because when I call the VFS office in abudhabi the told me the Syrian Nationalty

It take 4 to 8 week the normal processing time

I am talking about the regular application not online

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
I have a Palestinian Authority passport (ofc with UAE residence), I applied 4 times before and I get the TRV within maximum of 10 days.....
This time I applied on the 24 of May and until now there is no word at all!!

Is this normal?

PS. My wife and kids are Canadian Citizens and I always go on family visits.

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
Wanted to update everyone ... I ended up calling Abu Dhabi consulate on Tuesday and they mentioned that they couldn't give out case updates over the phone even if it's urgent. She vaguely mentioned maybe going to the consulate and trying. I think she said Monday and Wednesday are the two days you can go. She didn't give me any more info like if an appointment is needed. Anyways, I really wanted to put an end to this, so I started early from Dubai and went to the Abu Dhabi Consulate. It opens at 9:30am. Once I got there, I was asked to fill out a form as to why I was visiting. After I was allowed to go in, I got a token and finally met with an Officer, who approved my visa. I submitted my passports and they asked me to come back after 2:30pm. Picked up my passport later that day.

This is an option that you can try if you have waited longer than the processing time mentioned on the website.

Good luck everyone!

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ akilaj
I actually visited the embassy in Abudhabi and all they did is give me a PINK paper to fill up my complaint. They did not let me in or let me speak to anyone?
Can you please explain more what happened? what is the form that you filled?

followup question: where did you get out application status, I can only check online on the VFS site....

thanks in advance....

amit2015

Dec 24, 2014
processing of TRV purely based on nationality although average time is 14 days in abudhabi embassy.
my trv approved in 5 days this month.i applied on 5 july and visa stamped on 9 july.im an indian national.i am visiting canada in end of october.
just wait..if you already approved before than it will om this time.its peak season now.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ amit I understand the issues with different nationalities but its very strange that its taking this looong since I received it 4 times before within the indicated 14 days....
the issue is that there is no way of knowing for sure what is going on! I mean I emailed, and no response..and I also I went to the embassy and still no response....It kind of helpless, I already sent my wife and kids to canada and I am eager to join them asap....
any suggestions?

akilaj

Jul 15, 2015
@ziadelbaghdadi

I filled out a pink form as well. I got it at the security desk right at the entrance. I don't remember the exact wording but it was something like What's the purpose of your visit. Maybe they didn't send you in because it was not Monday or Wednesday? Try again on those days and be there early around 9:15 or so before the Consulate opens.

I applied online for my visas, so I was able to look up the application status online, which wasn't very useful since the status didn't change at all.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@ alikaj
Thanks for the reply, I will try again this Monday, even though it actually seems that I filled up the same exact form as you did....I actually did go on a Monday, specifically on July the 13.

How long did you have to wait for them to let you in? Did they call you back, i mean via mobile? or you had to wait at the security gate?