+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

tulja

Jul 18, 2022
Hello, I have applied for my parents vistor visa and rejected saying generic reason so we have send reconsideration letter for application via web form today we got response that we can contact new delhi visa office as file is there but how can we contact them and anyone had similar situation

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have applied for my parents vistor visa and rejected saying generic reason so we have send reconsideration letter for application via web form today we got response that we can contact new delhi visa office as file is there but how can we contact them and anyone had similar situation
Google result:

How do I contact Delhi Canada visa office?

Contact us
  1. Telephone: +91 11 4178 2000.
  2. Fax: +91 11 4178 2020.
  3. Email: delhi@international.gc.ca.
Edit: I think it is no use to send a reconsideration letter. Their decision is usually final. You should start from scratch after waiting maybe 6 months with new or improved proof

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
My in laws visitor visa
Applied 23rd June
Biometrics letter 24th June
Biometrics completed 29th June
No updates after that

co2020

May 31, 2020
How come I am not seeing anyone talking about approvals. Is it that the applications are on a stand still. Please post some approvals so we know what is going on.

Last edited:

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Good day,
Received refusal for me and my spouse and child thru IRCC with this reason:
I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Reason:visit sister for Christmas, had invitation letter from her.
- from Philippines
- Have stable job at home (earning $6k annually)
- Have 4 bank accounts with around $20k total funds
- Have been granted multiple US and China visa, and have travel history to Southeast Asian countries as well
- Was granted visitor visa before in 2010 and was in Canada for 3 months.
- Applied for study visa 8 times since then and was refused. Could this be the main factor? (Already applied for GCMS)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day,
Received refusal for me and my spouse and child thru IRCC with this reason:
I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Reason:visit sister for Christmas, had invitation letter from her.
- from Philippines
- Have stable job at home (earning $6k annually)
- Have 4 bank accounts with around $20k total funds
- Have been granted multiple US and China visa, and have travel history to Southeast Asian countries as well
- Was granted visitor visa before in 2010 and was in Canada for 3 months.
- Applied for study visa 8 times since then and was refused. Could this be the main factor? (Already applied for GCMS)
Order GCMS notes. How long was the visit? Is your sister a citizen? Did you include job letter with approved leave for you and your spouse and child’s school letter for leave too? $20k is not a lot for a visit for 3 people factoring in airfare.

You have 8 refusals so yes it can be an issue. When were you last refused? And did you apply for study permit within a short period as 8 refusals are a lot. Now applying for a TRV shows a strong desire to come to Canada.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Order GCMS notes. How long was the visit? Is your sister a citizen? Did you include job letter with approved leave for you and your spouse and child’s school letter for leave too? $20k is not a lot for a visit for 3 people factoring in airfare.

You have 8 refusals so yes it can be an issue. When were you last refused? And did you apply for study permit within a short period as 8 refusals are a lot. Now applying for a TRV shows a strong desire to come to Canada.
- Visit was only for 1 month; purpose was really just to visit my sister (my parents were also visiting her for the holidays) and tour a bit
- Sister is citizen
- Included certificate of employment of me and my spouse, child not yet in school
- First applied for student visa twice in 2013; applied 6 times between 2019-2021 (last refusal May 2021)
- Went to US 4 times between 2014-2017

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- Visit was only for 1 month; purpose was really just to visit my sister (my parents were also visiting her for the holidays) and tour a bit
- Sister is citizen
- Included certificate of employment of me and my spouse, child not yet in school
- First applied for student visa twice in 2013; applied 6 times between 2019-2021 (last refusal May 2021)
- Went to US 4 times between 2014-2017
That is a long visit for $20k. Your sister is in Canada and parents are visiting too. You have so many refusals since 2019. Consider applying without spouse and child if you want to see your sister. Assume spouse has same profile - travel history to US/Canada, job and hasn’t applied for permits before.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
That is a long visit for $20k. Your sister is in Canada and parents are visiting too. You have so many refusals since 2019. Consider applying without spouse and child if you want to see your sister. Assume spouse has same profile - travel history to US/Canada, job and hasn’t applied for permits before.
Ok thank you very much Naturgrl, appreciate your feedback!

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!
Thank you all for your inputs. I have a quick follow up question regarding documents. After filling out the online application form, in the documents section, the two mandatory documents requested are:
1. National ID
2. Passport

... and that's it. Is this normal and based on certain responses (for example, my father visited Canada in the last 5 years)? There is space for 'additional documents' but no specific request for Financials, invite letter from me etc.

Want to make sure I'm doing this right and not missing anything. Thanks!

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
I have been waiting nearly 5 months for visitor visa but my friend's sister just got her approved in less than one month!! *sigh

She submitted online on September 22nd 2022, did biometrics on October 11th, then passport request on October 18th!! *mind blown

We compared notes and she applied via IRCC portal (I applied via GCKey), both of us have never been to Canada, she has been to the US BUT she did not include that information in her application as she couldn't find her old passport that has the visa, and she submitted her biometrics in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia while I submitted in Singapore.

Now wondering if using the new portal really is better...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have been waiting nearly 5 months for visitor visa but my friend's sister just got her approved in less than one month!! *sigh

She submitted online on September 22nd 2022, did biometrics on October 11th, then passport request on October 18th!! *mind blown

We compared notes and she applied via IRCC portal (I applied via GCKey), both of us have never been to Canada, she has been to the US BUT she did not include that information in her application as she couldn't find her old passport that has the visa, and she submitted her biometrics in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia while I submitted in Singapore.

Now wondering if using the new portal really is better...
If she had visited the US, that may have factored in. Canada and the US share immigration data so she would have shown up in the database. If she visited the US, she may have been processed under CAN+ which is expedited processing.

Reactions: sdb174

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
If she had visited the US, that may have factored in. Canada and the US share immigration data so she would have shown up in the database. If she visited the US, she may have been processed under CAN+ which is expedited processing.
What if the applicant has visited Canada in the last 5 years but not the US? Would that qualify them under the CAN+ program as well?