+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Correct, it is bizarre, but it is the reality. If IRCC were to factor in emotional support in anything, they’d be printing visas for spouses to be together without waiting a year+ for spousal sponsorships, allowing boyfriend girlfriend to meet, fiancé’s to visit each other, grant parents visas / super visas almost instantly, and newborn babies of PR, Citizens, parents on WP, wouldn’t have to wait months and years to receive authorization to travel to Canada.

When speaking of economic argument, it’s not about what a visitor will bring to Canada (tourism, more consumption of food etc). It’s about what they can potentially take. They’re only concerned with job losses. For IRCC, if such care and support are needed, that can be provided by employing someone who’s a PR, on Work Permit, or Citizen within Canada first.
Hi,

I know and can confirm 2 individuals who had applied for visa of their parents with the reason that they are inviting their parents to assist during and after delivery of their baby and they both have received a visa. 1 of them already have their parents in Canada already and will be returning back from Canada next month for the other one his mother has already received a PPR. So in my opinion this reasoning is totally wrong and I think should be stopped from spreading as this will be hurting a lot of expecting parents who are planning to invite their parents. No offence man, but don't spread such things with so much confidence in a public forum. I hope you understand.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,

I know and can confirm 2 individuals who had applied for visa of their parents with the reason that they are inviting their parents to assist during and after delivery of their baby and they both have received a visa. 1 of them already have their parents in Canada already and will be returning back from Canada next month for the other one his mother has already received a PPR. So in my opinion this reasoning is totally wrong and I think should be stopped from spreading as this will be hurting a lot of expecting parents who are planning to invite their parents. No offence man, but don't spread such things with so much confidence in a public forum. I hope you understand.
Only speaking from experience what I've seen across multiple platforms where people share these.

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Only speaking from experience what I've seen across multiple platforms where people share these.
Sorry to say it didn't seem like that from your replies. They were appearing as if you know for sure that such applications will be rejected. Also, IRCC never mentions such reasons which you were mentioning like hire a nanny to support economy etc. Generally the reasons for refusals are on the lines of - Your period of stay is inconsistent with that of a temporary visa or your purpose of visit is inconsistent with that of a temporary visa. Also, the officer mentions that I'm not fully convinced that you will return back if he's not convinced with the application.

Keep in mind people generally share experiences where they are stuck or seeking help. Rarely will anyone share a very smooth and amazing experience on public forums.

Summer50

May 6, 2018
Hi all,

Needed some advice about Canadian bank statements. I am a PR and I would be sponsoring my mom's trip, so my question is how do you provide the bank statement?

Do you just download the pdf from your online banking and use as such? Or print the downloaded statement and get stamped every page from the bank?

Would be nice, if you could share your experience

Thanks

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!
1. He is applying for a new TRV, no such thing as renewal.
2. He can.
3. No.
4. If IRCC decides to process under CAN+ program, application may be expedited. But IRCC decides when he submits application and he will only know if he gets his approval quickly.

Reactions: kumarh2020

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
1. He is applying for a new TRV, no such thing as renewal.
2. He can.
3. No.
4. If IRCC decides to process under CAN+ program, application may be expedited. But IRCC decides when he submits application and he will only know if he gets his approval quickly.
Thank you. What is the CAN+ program?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all,

Needed some advice about Canadian bank statements. I am a PR and I would be sponsoring my mom's trip, so my question is how do you provide the bank statement?

Do you just download the pdf from your online banking and use as such? Or print the downloaded statement and get stamped every page from the bank?

Would be nice, if you could share your experience

Thanks
Just download the PDF (in colour for the past 6 months or a year) and attach. Banks don't stamp anything here, not it is required.

Reactions: yuvrajkalia19

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Sorry to say it didn't seem like that from your replies. They were appearing as if you know for sure that such applications will be rejected. Also, IRCC never mentions such reasons which you were mentioning like hire a nanny to support economy etc. Generally the reasons for refusals are on the lines of - Your period of stay is inconsistent with that of a temporary visa or your purpose of visit is inconsistent with that of a temporary visa. Also, the officer mentions that I'm not fully convinced that you will return back if he's not convinced with the application.

Keep in mind people generally share experiences where they are stuck or seeking help. Rarely will anyone share a very smooth and amazing experience on public forums.
they won't say hiring a nanny or to support economy, they will say you are not mentioning the correct intent for your visitor visa and should apply work permit because they are in a way working. And it also highly depends on how you are presenting your case to the officer.

In terms of, if you say she is coming to Canada to support my wife during child birth and if you say she is coming to take care of my children because my wife is pregnant are two different things. In the first statement your intent is to support her family during a medical need or because they need some care. In the second scenario it is looking like you are parents are in a way getting employed and especially if you mention that you are going to provide lodging and taking care of financial needs, it somewhat looks like they are getting a financial help for them taking care of your kids.

Along with that IRCC has evolved a lot over the years and every officer has his own understanding of the application and the laws governing it. So it depends a lot on how strict the officer is and if you check mark all of his boxes.

Personally feel, it all depends on how well you articulate your case while following all the conditions of visa applied.

Reactions: Amourcanada

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
So confused, what should we do? We called New Delhi office last month and they said files are taking 5 months for TRV.

We have now surpassed 5 months even past the biometric submission.

Submission date: May 15 2022
Biometrics done: May 23 2022
Eligibility review started: May 30 2022

It’s been over 5 months and still not a sign of movement AT ALL. Travel dates have passed as well.

Would sending a webform give the file any push?

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
It’s been over 5 months and still not a sign of movement AT ALL. Travel dates have passed as well.

Would sending a webform give the file any push?
Many people get zero replies. I didn't get any replies from IRCC but I did get a reply from the Singapore office.

"We regret that processing times are very long right now. Temporary Resident (including visitors, students and workers) processing capacity at some missions has been reduced, with resources currently diverted to other priorities.
Many clients are experiencing significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work to reduce processing times. At this time, we are unable to predict when the situation will return to normal, and we thank you for your patience and understanding."

Basically telling me to keep waiting patiently. Does not expedite anything.