Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Ljiljana said:
Sorry - I have to comment on this - I live in Forest Lawn and have been for a year and a half now. And i am still alive haha! My apartment is really nice and new. I have never had any incidents or have felt in danger ... so I guess its individual. The only thing about forest lawn is that it is very multicultural :D :D But yes, it is known to be the ghetto of Calgary haha
Ljiljana thank you my dear. I too believe that some times opinions are exaggerated. An area can have a general bad review but as the saying goes: If you don't get mixed up with chicken feed the chicken won't eat you...
I happened to live in Scarboro Ontario for a number of years, at a time when Scarboro had very bad reviews..Nothing ever happened to me or my family..There were thousands of peace loving folk just like me there!

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all my friends..

Can someone, anyone write a small report here or in a PM to me about some things regarding life there?

1. Rental apartments in Calgary have appliances and other utilities included with rent? Would I be able to find a one or two bedroom apartment in the range of 800 to 1000 per month?

2. How much is a ticket for a bus or C-train ride?

3. Are there open air markets, Flea markets, Farmer Markets, or enclosed markets like St. Lawrence market in Toronto in Calgary or suburbs?

4. Which part of the city (SW, NE etc) is the industrial zone or business areas of Calgary

5. Are there bakery shops that you can buy a french baguette or some great bagels? Don't tell me you get these from the supermarket?

6. How much would I have to pay for a box of baby diapers?

7. What about fresh vegetables and fruits. Anything grows in Alberta? I remember in ontario we had a lot of local produce. But then that was Ontario.

8. Believe it or not I love Fish and Chips. Do they have it in Calgary? What about other type of fish like the ones we are used to here in the Med countries...fish like red mullet, sardines, mussels, Lobsters etc.

9. Is it true that I have to wear a stetson hat, ride a horse and manhandle calfs? :D :D :D

Tom

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
messenger said:
Hi all my friends..

Can someone, anyone write a small report here or in a PM to me about some things regarding life there?

1. Rental apartments in Calgary have appliances and other utilities included with rent? Would I be able to find a one or two bedroom apartment in the range of 800 to 1000 per month?

2. How much is a ticket for a bus or C-train ride?

3. Are there open air markets, Flea markets, Farmer Markets, or enclosed markets like St. Lawrence market in Toronto in Calgary or suburbs?

4. Which part of the city (SW, NE etc) is the industrial zone or business areas of Calgary

5. Are there bakery shops that you can buy a french baguette or some great bagels? Don't tell me you get these from the supermarket?

6. How much would I have to pay for a box of baby diapers?

7. What about fresh vegetables and fruits. Anything grows in Alberta? I remember in ontario we had a lot of local produce. But then that was Ontario.

8. Believe it or not I love Fish and Chips. Do they have it in Calgary? What about other type of fish like the ones we are used to here in the Med countries...fish like red mullet, sardines, mussels, Lobsters etc.

9. Is it true that I have to wear a stetson hat, ride a horse and manhandle calfs? :D :D :D

Tom
Hahahahahaha Tom......

1. Even though the calgary housing market is pricey you can still find a 1 or 2 bedroom in that range. It depends on the landlord or proprty management company but some ultilities are included.

2. I know a monthly transit pass is $96

3. We have flea markets and farmers markets in calgary.

4. Industrial zones are in the SE and NE areas of the city

5. There are many european bakeries and deli's

6. Diapers are expensive im guessing 25-35 per package

7. Alberta has wheat, corn, potatoes and greenhouse tomatoes.

8. Lots of fish and chip spots and fish markets but if you want to be a true albertan you have to try prairie oysters hahahaha look it up yum yum hahaha

9. You can get away with it here in calgary :)

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Milance said:
Hahahahahaha Tom......

1. Even though the calgary housing market is pricey you can still find a 1 or 2 bedroom in that range. It depends on the landlord or proprty management company but some ultilities are included.

2. I know a monthly transit pass is $96

3. We have flea markets and farmers markets in calgary.

4. Industrial zones are in the SE and NE areas of the city

5. There are many european bakeries and deli's

6. Diapers are expensive im guessing 25-35 per package

7. Alberta has wheat, corn, potatoes and greenhouse tomatoes.

8. Lots of fish and chip spots and fish markets but if you want to be a true albertan you have to try prairie oysters hahahaha look it up yum yum hahaha

9. You can get away with it here in calgary :)
Not much to add here

1. Appliances are usually included. Included utilities depend on the landlord. Our old place included everything, even internet. Some places include everything but electricity and other places charge you for everything. But it's usually listed in the offer. Check out http://www.rentfaster.ca/, http://www.kijiji.ca (real estate), http://calgary.rentspot.com/, http://www.rentboard.ca/rentals/?locid=110, http://4rent.ca/Calgary-Rental-Homes-%7C-Calgary-Rental-Property-113/listing/ and https://www.airbnb.ca/ (for short term rental when you arrive).

2. For $3 you can drive 90 minutes wherever you want by bus and C-Train. Busses take only cash (they don't have change), at C-Train stations you can pay by credit card & cash. There are daily passes as well.

3. There are a lot of second hand stores (Value Village, Thrift Shops, used furniture stores etc) where you can get really lucky with almost new clothes for a few dollars, cheap furniture, etc.

5. The baguette at Safeway is actually really good ;-)

If you need a place to stay for a few days let me know. We are only "booked" for 2 nights in July so far. It's only a queen size blow-up mattress but it's for free ;-) Otherwise you could use airbnb.ca or couchsurfing.org. Hotels in Calgary are quite expensive

Anazus

May 11, 2014
Hello everybody,
My husband is from Serbia, and we did send our application for family sponsor last year. As a sponsor i got approved in June 2013, a file was transferred to Vienna in July 2013...My husband didn't got any letter or confirmation that Vienna has received application,nor any request for additional documents..I did send to them one e-mail in October, where they did confirm that file was transferred to them in July 2013, and rest is the same " do not contact us ........." In January finally we where able to see our status on the CIC site.. as " application received , medical received". After that, there is no any changes, neither any request, nothing. In April, 2014 i send it one more email to Vienna, asking if my husband has to do second medical test, first was due in April this year and second police report or if they needed any additional documents...I got just automatic replay from them, you all know what is in it...When we apply for papers we didn't send "vojnu knjizicu" or what ever you called in English- army book-..he did serve army as everybody else in ex-Yugoslavia.. Do we have to prepare it, and translate it in case they ask for it...?? We are lost and very much tiered of uncertainty, and I do not know what i have to do, whom to talk...I"m certain that they will ask him for second medical test, do you thing that he shall do even if they didn't ask him yet, or wait, ?? Everyone is talking of MP, -member of parliament-Constituency-....... and is it worth it,..????? I'm very confused and sorry for this big post... :'(

PS: how do you insert-update- under the user name your information: application send, receive, transfer..etc

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Anazus said:
Hello everybody,
My husband is from Serbia, and we did send our application for family sponsor last year. As a sponsor i got approved in June 2013, a file was transferred to Vienna in July 2013...My husband didn't got any letter or confirmation that Vienna has received application,nor any request for additional documents..I did send to them one e-mail in October, where they did confirm that file was transferred to them in July 2013, and rest is the same " do not contact us ........." In January finally we where able to see our status on the CIC site.. as " application received , medical received". After that, there is no any changes, neither any request, nothing. In April, 2014 i send it one more email to Vienna, asking if my husband has to do second medical test, first was due in April this year and second police report or if they needed any additional documents...I got just automatic replay from them, you all know what is in it...When we apply for papers we didn't send "vojnu knjizicu" or what ever you called in English- army book-..he did serve army as everybody else in ex-Yugoslavia.. Do we have to prepare it, and translate it in case they ask for it...?? We are lost and very much tiered of uncertainty, and I do not know what i have to do, whom to talk...I"m certain that they will ask him for second medical test, do you thing that he shall do even if they didn't ask him yet, or wait, ?? Everyone is talking of MP, -member of parliament-Constituency-....... and is it worth it,..????? I'm very confused and sorry for this big post... :'(

PS: how do you insert-update- under the user name your information: application send, receive, transfer..etc
Hello Anazus and welcome to the forum.
Everyone has waited like you and had the same status on ecas only showing app receieved and medical. You will most likely have to send an updated police certificate. Only redo the medical if they ask for it because they can extend it but again there is a good chance your husband will have to redo it. The military booklet will have to be translated. Any official document has to be translated in english or french. That is something that you should have sent with the application. Maybe some of the other members in the forum will know more about that. The police certificate is valid for only 3 months, medical is 1 year. My guess to save time would be to get the military booklet translated and if it is something that you should have sent in the first place then send it before they ask for it....otherwise there isnt much you can do to save time ir shorten your wait. Until you hear from vienna. There is a good chance they will ask for additional proof of relationship ongoing communication, visits etc... So you can start collecting anything you have since you applied...phone records, emails, text messages, fb, skype etc. You are probably looking at another 3-4 months maybe more because of the military booklet. Just be patient and hope your application doesnt have to many delays.

You can update your profile after 10 posts then you can add your timeline.

Anazus

May 11, 2014
Thank you Milnace, or hvala vam..
We didn't know for the military booklet, and this is very bad news for us, we will send it to them soon as possible, together with second police report..... Thank you once again....Good night...laku noc...

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Anazus said:
Thank you Milnace, or hvala vam..
We didn't know for the military booklet, and this is very bad news for us, we will send it to them soon as possible, together with second police report..... Thank you once again....Good night...laku noc...
I would wait to hear from other members on the forum about the military booklet before sending it. In any case translate it and have it ready. As for the police certificate wait until vienna asks for it. Laku noc

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Anazus said:
Everyone is talking of MP, -member of parliament-Constituency-....... and is it worth it,..????? I'm very confused and sorry for this big post... :'(

A MP can inquire about your case only after it has gone past the posted processing time - which is 14 months.
Since they got it in July 2014, an MP can't really do anything until September 2014. So you will just have to wait.

Some members on here like to order GCMS notes. You can search the forum for more information - how to order them, how to understand them.

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
commonlawsponsor said:
A MP can inquire about your case only after it has gone past the posted processing time - which is 14 months.
Since they got it in July 2014, an MP can't really do anything until September 2014. So you will just have to wait.

Some members on here like to order GCMS notes. You can search the forum for more information - how to order them, how to understand them.
Depends on the MP. Mine has gone above and beyond and checked on my application 3 times while it was in Mississauga due to an error they made.

As for calling the VO, you should try to send emails and only if they don't respond to your emails (if urgent) should you ask your MP to intervene.

But as CLS said, most won't do anything until after the posted timeline...

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Anazus said:
Hello everybody,

Hi Anazus,
I would wait with second medical and the new PC, until they ask for it. (The PC's are valid for only 3 months). Also, the military booklet was not a required document so I would also wait for a request. We were in the same situation, but when we sent the military booklet upon their request they started background checks that lasted 8-9 months. I think they will decide if background checks are required based on the time your husband served in military. If it was in the 90's that will for sure trigger a request for it. Our process took 18 months but don't get discouraged, every case is different and may take shorter or longer time to process. I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. I am not going to lie to you, it's not easy, but try to stay calm and be patient.

Anazus

May 11, 2014
I thank all off you, for fast respond..we will wait for them to send the request for ,,,,,, who knows what??? We have to be patient...i will keep you update it.. Thank you

cgat

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my wife got her PR 2 weeks ago. We applied November 2012 (though the application didn't reach Vienna until Feb 2013), so it was a long wait, but worth while of course. She arrives tomorrow!

I've come to this forum a couple of times and just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Good luck going forward.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
cgat said:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my wife got her PR 2 weeks ago. We applied November 2012 (though the application didn't reach Vienna until Feb 2013), so it was a long wait, but worth while of course. She arrives tomorrow!

I've come to this forum a couple of times and just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Good luck going forward.
Congrats :) Enjoy your new life together :)

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-02-2014 and 04-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
cgat said:
Hi Everyone,

Yayy congrats
Now you can start living :))))