+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS: Is it complusory??

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
nope. no bar code. I'll await your reply.

ok, I will call a courier company tomorrow and ask them specifically about PPR. Would you be able to do the same and revert back? I know you already called them but this time let them know it is specifically about PR and not tourist or temporary visa.

About Annex A, do you see any barcode at all?

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. So called dhl and apart from how rude the person was, they apparently send pp for pr to pretoria. So it should be ok. I don't have a barcode either.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
For annex A, copy and paste the barcode from the email.

The VAC are there for a reason. They sort the documents, arrange them in proper order. Can help you sort out any issues rather than embassy rejecting it altogether.

If you are moving to Canada, better start following instructions as provided by government agencies.

I would strongly advise to go the VAC route. We have a Canadian embassy in here in Chicago, still I sent my passport to Ottawa, Canada. Because that was what they instructed.

Reactions: Rehan1977

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok
For annex A, copy and paste the barcode from the email.

The VAC are there for a reason. They sort the documents, arrange them in proper order. Can help you sort out any issues rather than embassy rejecting it altogether.

If you are moving to Canada, better start following instructions as provided by government agencies.

I would strongly advise to go the VAC route. We have a Canadian embassy in here in Chicago, still I sent my passport to Ottawa, Canada. Because that was what they instructed.

Ok. I worked it out anyway the cost by vfs is not much higher. Thanks.

About the barcode, I have none in my email. I emailed cpc and lvo about it but no reply. Any advice?

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Ok

About the barcode, I have none in my email. I emailed cpc and lvo about it but no reply. Any advice?
I think you can ignore the barcode in that case. Do you have the UCI in the Annex?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I wouldn't advise ignoring the process.

There's a reason why an embassy or consulate uses a processing center. If you try and bypass that, and just randomly send your passport to the embassy, the person who receives it in the mail room may not know what to do with it. Your passport could end up in limbo, or it could simply be returned to you.

You only have 30 days to send them your passport. Why are you trying to avoid VFS? Thousands of people across the world follow the instructions and get visas with no problem - why are you trying to create a sui generis process?

Reactions: adi.urban

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Is it compulsory to send passports through VFS? My email states: "Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:"
Just send it via VFS, it’s safer and more convenient.

Reactions: adi.urban

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
Well for 4 persons it's surely higher for me. And what beats me is that I did everything by myself, without paying an agent. And for the final part, just to put the passports in an envelop, I need to pay the VAC.
But then you are all right, there should be a reason for the VAC and better to follow the procedures.

Ok

Regarding it being convenient, well for me it's more convenient to send it via the DHL office next to mine, rather than driving to the city and wait for my turn at the VAC. And my friend did tell me the VAC we have here, they are pretentious arrogant and they don't give a damn whether you need to get back to work! But then, the VAC it should be and the VAC it will be :p

Just send it via VFS, it’s safer and more convenient.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My mail states both options. 1- using vfs, 2- using a courier. I do not have any other forms like annex A to fill. However i was requested to submit my ticket with my passport. So it looks like ppr mail is different from one applicant no another.

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
Finally! someone who gives a glimmer of hope. Thanks Dr. Feras :)

My mail states both options. 1- using vfs, 2- using a courier. I do not have any other forms like annex A to fill. However i was requested to submit my ticket with my passport. So it looks like ppr mail is different from one applicant no another.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Finally! someone who gives a glimmer of hope. Thanks Dr. Feras :)
Hey it seems like you were looking for someone to tell you to go through DHL instead of VFS. Whatever works for you!

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
did some digging today as well.

VFS pretoria is charging 60% less than the VFS in my country. Even if I add the courier cost, it's still less for 4 passports. I have called VFS Pretoria, I need to courier the passports and the docs as requested by CIC, the consent form (from VFS pretoria web site), the receipt (after I've done the bank transfer). I need to send all these by courier, including a prepaid airway bill. They will send a confirmation mail when it's done, then I'll call DHL to arrange for collection. Once it arrives here, i'll go down 2 floors from my office to collect it from DHL :)

DHL(here) also advised on drafting a letter to authorize the passport collection by DHL Pretoria.
That's it!