+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS: Is it complusory??

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it compulsory to send passports through VFS? My email states: "Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:"

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it's not.
Thanks but I called VFS in my country and they asked me what my PPR letter said. It says: "Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:" and because of this wording he said I do not have a choice. I HAVE to use them. I asked what would be another "wording" that implies I can choose my own option to transmit passports and he replied "i can't tell you this information". Sounds dodgy to me. Experienced members?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Thanks but I called VFS in my country and they asked me what my PPR letter said. It says: "Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:" and because of this wording he said I do not have a choice. I HAVE to use them. I asked what would be another "wording" that implies I can choose my own option to transmit passports and he replied "i can't tell you this information". Sounds dodgy to me. Experienced members?
I stand corrected. In my PPR email it says VFS is the only way to submit your passport. If it says so then better follow it.

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
Yes that's true. That's the same line in our ppr too. Submitting via vfs is the only way.
Submitted on 14 August.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I stand corrected. In my PPR email it says VFS is the only way to submit your passport. If it says so then better follow it.
your wording sounds like you have to use them more than mine. My PPR letter does not state anywhere it is the "only way". Did you end up using VFS though? In my ppr there is not a single reference to the visa office (no name, address, phone, nor email). Only details provided were about VACs.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
your wording sounds like you have to use them more than mine. My PPR letter does not state anywhere it is the "only way". Did you end up using VFS though? In my ppr there is not a single reference to the visa office (no name, address, phone, nor email). Only details provided were about VACs.
That's what it read in my case. Also I didn't have any problem using vfs so didn't care to find other options.

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
I'm trying to dodge the VFS too...
I don't see the point in sending my passport for them to send it to the Canadian embassy.
It does say the following in my PPR, so I know where they'll be sending it.
"1. Submitting to the High Commission of Canada in Pretoria
Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:"

It will cost be 1/4 of the cost if I send directly as compared to sending through VAC.
I've gathered these information today from a courier service as well as from the VAC.( at least for the VAC in my country)
1. my VAC will wait till they have gathered passports from several applicants and send it at one go (and at a single cost!)
2. The courier service I contacted, said that there are still some of their clients who are sending passports directly to Pretoria (She even knows the address without me telling her).
3. She also confirmed that the VAC uses their service to send passport to Pretoria. (and also that the send several passport as one parcel)
4. In the past, I did send passports for my family and I directly to Pretoria. That was for visitor's visa 2 years back. At that time the VAC was not mentioned in the letter.

Given the waiting time and additional cost for going through VAC, for the time being I'm on the option of sending it directly. This might change based on feedback I'll receive from you people :)

Reactions: maleeksha

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm trying to dodge the VFS too...
I don't see the point in sending my passport for them to send it to the Canadian embassy.
It does say the following in my PPR, so I know where they'll be sending it.
"1. Submitting to the High Commission of Canada in Pretoria
Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) nearest you:"

It will cost be 1/4 of the cost if I send directly as compared to sending through VAC.
I've gathered these information today from a courier service as well as from the VAC.( at least for the VAC in my country)
1. my VAC will wait till they have gathered passports from several applicants and send it at one go (and at a single cost!)
2. The courier service I contacted, said that there are still some of their clients who are sending passports directly to Pretoria (She even knows the address without me telling her).
3. She also confirmed that the VAC uses their service to send passport to Pretoria. (and also that the send several passport as one parcel)
4. In the past, I did send passports for my family and I directly to Pretoria. That was for visitor's visa 2 years back. At that time the VAC was not mentioned in the letter.

Given the waiting time and additional cost for going through VAC, for the time being I'm on the option of sending it directly. This might change based on feedback I'll receive from you people :)

Yeah I think it is a waste of money, what you wrote in red is exactly what's in my letter. Did you find the address for PPR in Pretoria? CIC's website only mentions VAC. I know I can find it through google but just worried that PPs go to a specific section/location for visa stamping and there is no information as to how to make it clear to the Visa office staff the parcel is for that purpose.

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
at the end of the PPR mail it is written:
"We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Yours truly,
Regards
Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission
1103 Arcadia Street, cnr Hilda & Arcadia Streets

Hatfield, Pretoria.
www.southafrica.gc.ca
Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

This is the exact address to which I had couriered the passports (with paid return airway bill) for the visitor's visa.
What do you say, we take a shot and send it directly?

Yeah I think it is a waste of money, what you wrote in red is exactly what's in my letter. Did you find the address for PPR in Pretoria? CIC's website only mentions VAC. I know I can find it through google but just worried that PPs go to a specific section/location for visa stamping and there is no information as to how to make it clear to the Visa office staff the parcel is for that purpose.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at the end of the PPR mail it is written:
"We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Yours truly,
Regards
Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission
1103 Arcadia Street, cnr Hilda & Arcadia Streets

Hatfield, Pretoria.
www.southafrica.gc.ca
Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

This is the exact address to which I had couriered the passports (with paid return airway bill) for the visitor's visa.
What do you say, we take a shot and send it directly?
My heart says ABSOLUTELY but my brain is on the fence... Would be great if those who chose the courier path could weigh in on this.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW, does your ppr email display the Annex A properly? Mine has Annex A, a rectangle next to it which is empty and only when I open the email in full do I see the table, with typos...

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
Yep! that's the one
The typo might be a miss between "Bordero" in french and "prepaid airway bill" in English - I guess they'll let us guess this part :)

Do let me know which way you'll choose.

BTW, does your ppr email display the Annex A properly? Mine has Annex A, a rectangle next to it which is empty and only when I open the email in full do I see the table, with typos...

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, I will call a courier company tomorrow and ask them specifically about PPR. Would you be able to do the same and revert back? I know you already called them but this time let them know it is specifically about PR and not tourist or temporary visa.

About Annex A, do you see any barcode at all?