+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
Any one who has recently received an oath letter? My Ecas has been showing "Decision Made" since Feb 5th but it does not provide any further details. Expo line office is my office.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hvakili said:
Any one who has recently received an oath letter? My Ecas has been showing "Decision Made" since Feb 5th but it does not provide any further details. Expo line office is my office.
hello, decision has been made and mist probably you're waiting for oath invite now.. it's usually takes 2-3 mos to receive the letter.. I have DM in my application around Oct and received oath invite in Jan 2nd week for Feb 5th oath..my ecas is always DM and just changed after my oath and says You became citizen on feb 5th application completed... I know how you feel, just be patient and wait, hoping good news is coming

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
ilkar said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was any fellow Vancouverite who got the request for additional documents and how long it affected your application. I just received mine one asking for colour copies of my passport and plane tickets for previous travels. I am scared that it would slow down my application. Has any of you been in this situation previously? Thanks for your help.
I was asked for coloured copies of my passport and I94 (US visits) on after my first citizenship test (14th Sept) which I unfortunately failed 14/20 and than got my 2nd test date on 19th Nov 2015 which I passed 19/20, and than waiting since than for OATH CEREMONY.

kc123

Feb 23, 2016
Hi. I've been following this forum for timelines on the Vancouver office. I took my test on 14th January 2016. Letter sent on 17th Feb for Oath Ceremony on 22nd March. Hope that helps other people watching the Vancouver time line!

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc123 said:
Hi. I've been following this forum for timelines on the Vancouver office. I took my test on 14th January 2016. Letter sent on 17th Feb for Oath Ceremony on 22nd March. Hope that helps other people watching the Vancouver time line!
Congratulations to you, it's fast processing now I guess.. but maybe still case to case basis.. I waited 4 mos for oath invite but finally its over.. applied passport the same day after oath lol

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
leycute said:
hello, decision has been made and mist probably you're waiting for oath invite now.. it's usually takes 2-3 mos to receive the letter.. I have DM in my application around Oct and received oath invite in Jan 2nd week for Feb 5th oath..my ecas is always DM and just changed after my oath and says You became citizen on feb 5th application completed... I know how you feel, just be patient and wait, hoping good news is coming
Thanks leycute, I'm still waiting. It is very unpleasant as I need to schedule some future meetings that I won't be able to reschedule and I'm worried about their time conflict with my oath ceremony!

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hvakili said:
Thanks leycute, I'm still waiting. It is very unpleasant as I need to schedule some future meetings that I won't be able to reschedule and I'm worried about their time conflict with my oath ceremony!
oh I know how you feel.. lets just hope it will come soon and won't conflict your future meetings..they usually give 2 weeks notice before oath taking.. so that will give you time to contact them if you can't make it...some applicants have ecas updated and can see when is their oath date before they received the formal letter, but unfortunately mostly in Vancouver they don't update ecas after DM so we have to wait for the letter.. best of luck

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
hvakili said:
Another quicker way is request your area MP's secretary to get an update from CIC, they get response pretty quickly.

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Another quicker way is request your area MP's secretary to get an update from CIC, they get response pretty quickly.
I did a few days ago, CIC did not provide them any info!

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
leycute said:
Congratulations to you, it's fast processing now I guess.. but maybe still case to case basis.. I waited 4 mos for oath invite but finally its over.. applied passport the same day after oath lol
leycute how long did it take you for oath ceremony letter and any particular reason for the delay ?

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
hvakili said:
hvakili: when did you appear for your test and had they asked for additional documents ? did you fail in your first test ? whats ur situation like ?

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
YNSAFDARI said:
hvakili: when did you appear for your test and had they asked for additional documents ? did you fail in your first test ? whats ur situation like ?

I had my test on Dec 14th 2015 and passed it. They issued CIT 0520 and I sent the documents on Dec 16th. I have DM on my Ecas since Feb 5th 2015.

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
I applied in June 2015. Had my test in Dec and received CIT 0520 during my interview. Sent back the documents the same month. My Ecas showed DM on February 5th. I received my oath letter recently to have my oath in April. I was a few day short for physical presence( self-declared). My local office is the Expo office in Vancouver. Good luck everyone, I hope you the best in your journey!

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
hvakili said:
I applied in June 2015. Had my test in Dec and received CIT 0520 during my interview. Sent back the documents the same month. My Ecas showed DM on February 5th. I received my oath letter recently to have my oath in April. I was a few day short for physical presence( self-declared). My local office is the Expo office in Vancouver. Good luck everyone, I hope you the best in your journey!
Congrats.... am still to get that precious letter :(