+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

karliiita

Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone!

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 29, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on December 22, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM.

I am still waiting for my ceremony invitation. Anyone have similar timeline as me?

When should I be expecting it as I really need to get out of the country by 3rd week of May.

Please help me as I am freaking out! :eek:

THANKS A LOT!!

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Wait on Kartiiika .......... My application was submitted in the month of Feb 2015, got my test completed in Nov 2015 and still waiting for OATH.

karliiita

Mar 22, 2016
YNSAFDARI said:
Wait on Kartiiika .......... My application was submitted in the month of Feb 2015, got my test completed in Nov 2015 and still waiting for OATH.
Any news on your application? There seems to be a lack of information on Vancouver's timeline from 2015 applicants. I don't know what to expect.

PinkMagnolia

Apr 8, 2016
Hi everybody,

although we live in Surrey, our applications were processed through Vancouver Expo Blvd

wanted to share our timeline (family of 3)

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 25, 2015.
- We started processing your application on October 7, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on December 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM. T - we were out of country visiting our family when the letter arrived at our house, and we had to postpone that date, since we returned to Canada on Jan 10
- We sent you a notice on February 16, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

we passed the test on Mar 10. During the interview the officer was okay with the absent times of my husband (since he flies a lot back and forth to the US for work), but told me, she will make a request to CBSA for my absent times (way less than my husband's). we were told it might take 3-5 month to get an oath invite. I was quite worried about the delay, since now it would be a non-routine application :-(

I checked my ecase this Wednesday (Apr 6), still "in process". Today I opened our mail box, only to find the three invitations for the oath. Just checked back with the ecase, it only says "DM". I was crying, since I was so worried before. Now we take the oath on May 3 (3 days short of my birthday :) ) in Vancouver Expo Blvd.

So it took us some days short to 11 month for the entire process.

karliiita

Mar 22, 2016
PinkMagnolia said:
Hi everybody,

although we live in Surrey, our applications were processed through Vancouver Expo Blvd

wanted to share our timeline (family of 3)

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 25, 2015.
- We started processing your application on October 7, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on December 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM. T - we were out of country visiting our family when the letter arrived at our house, and we had to postpone that date, since we returned to Canada on Jan 10
- We sent you a notice on February 16, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 10, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

we passed the test on Mar 10. During the interview the officer was okay with the absent times of my husband (since he flies a lot back and forth to the US for work), but told me, she will make a request to CBSA for my absent times (way less than my husband's). we were told it might take 3-5 month to get an oath invite. I was quite worried about the delay, since now it would be a non-routine application :-(

I checked my ecase this Wednesday (Apr 6), still "in process". Today I opened our mail box, only to find the three invitations for the oath. Just checked back with the ecase, it only says "DM". I was crying, since I was so worried before. Now we take the oath on May 3 (3 days short of my birthday :) ) in Vancouver Expo Blvd.

So it took us some days short to 11 month for the entire process.
Congrats! I felt like you could have your oath sooner should you've attended the first test invitation. But congratulations, nonetheless!

PinkMagnolia

Apr 8, 2016
not necessarily. what I understand from the June 2015-applicants, there have been people which took the test last November and still haven't got an invite for the oath. so I really don't care if it could have been earlier :). we are still in a 12 month timeline, which is awesome compared to previous years.

karliiita said:
Congrats! I felt like you could have your oath sooner should you've attended the first test invitation. But congratulations, nonetheless!

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
Finally I got the oath letter from my mail box last night.

Its really a long wait for my case, but I have no idea whats happening until this moment.

Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citiznenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2014

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 29, 2014.

3. We started processing your application on December 31, 2014

4. We sent you a notice on March 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 15, 2015 at 1:01pm. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

At last, I receive oath invitation on 27Aprl2016, oath date is 27May2016.

So I was waiting for more than a year after test in Vancouver office.

Guys, Good luck.... ;)

S.Z

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
I am in. I passed citizenship test on April 7th with cit520 requested. My status changes to DM this morning(April 28th).

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
S.Z said:
I am in. I passed citizenship test on April 7th with cit520 requested. My status changes to DM this morning(April 28th).
Congratulations, what date is your Oath day?

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.Z said:
It has been a long time, any good news from Vancouver location?
[/quote

My timeline
-application received jan 8, 2016
-in process Feb 12, 2016
- test April 7, 2016
- status changed to decision made on April 22, 2016

But still no news about the oath . ....if is decision made how much longer??????? Any idea?
Thank you ]

S.Z

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
danap said:
S.Z said:
It has been a long time, any good news from Vancouver location?
[/quote

My timeline
-application received jan 8, 2016
-in process Feb 12, 2016
- test April 7, 2016
- status changed to decision made on April 22, 2016

But still no news about the oath . ....if is decision made how much longer??????? Any idea?
Thank you ]
No idea, it has been two months, still didn't receive anything :'(