+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Everybody waiting for news, tomorrow is Friday. The pattern of Vancouver's office is that they send letter on Wednesday, and you'll get it on Friday. Ecas updated by weekend. So rush to your mailbox tomorrow, just like me.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Happy Friday!!! Hopefully good news will come. My good news is that im going to pick up my passport later, finished with my exam, passport canada didnt ask me to pay urgent fee's which is 100$ more and my flight is this weekend. Everything, the timing was like drawn in the stars. Hopefully there will be lots of good news when I check again with you guys next month! Happy halloween! Dont despair, things really do happen for a certain reason ;D Cheers

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Happy Friday!!! Hopefully good news will come. My good news is that im going to pick up my passport later, finished with my exam, passport canada didnt ask me to pay urgent fee's which is 100$ more and my flight is this weekend. Everything, the timing was like drawn in the stars. Hopefully there will be lots of good news when I check again with you guys next month! Happy halloween! Dont despair, things really do happen for a certain reason ;D Cheers
Enjoy your trip :)

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had my exam and interview several days ago.

The exam is not hard. If you spent some time on various online tests and read the book, you will be fine.

The interview was also rather straightforward... Highly recommend ordering the CBSA records and verifying that everything matches: 1)CBSA records with 2) the stamps in your passport with 3) your online calculator data. If you understand all this information, you will be able to answer all the questions and also provide proofs that will support your claims.

CBSA records are very easy to request, but they take 1 month to prepare them, so do it in advance.

Good luck to everyone!

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Everybody waiting for news, tomorrow is Friday. The pattern of Vancouver's office is that they send letter on Wednesday, and you'll get it on Friday. Ecas updated by weekend. So rush to your mailbox tomorrow, just like me.

My letter just took exactly a week to get to me and I live in the Okanagan, so it should have only taken a few days to receive but didn't. Just wanted to state this so others know it can take longer to get it..but it was the best piece of mail I've ever gotten :D. Letter sent 23rd, ecas updated on 27th, and mail on 30th.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
TGIF ;D and congrats to all who have test and oath notices ;D

rain rain go away

aamer43

May 6, 2009
A.Sh. said:
Just had my exam and interview several days ago.

The exam is not hard. If you spent some time on various online tests and read the book, you will be fine.

The interview was also rather straightforward... Highly recommend ordering the CBSA records and verifying that everything matches: 1)CBSA records with 2) the stamps in your passport with 3) your online calculator data. If you understand all this information, you will be able to answer all the questions and also provide proofs that will support your claims.

CBSA records are very easy to request, but they take 1 month to prepare them, so do it in advance.

Good luck to everyone!
How did you memorize all the names and the dates ??? I find it really hard...Any suggestion ?

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
How did you memorize all the names and the dates ??? I find it really hard...Any suggestion ?
I read "Discover Canada" several times and then practiced using several websites - most are free, but there are also paid options:
"Citizenshipnow" (free, but requires registration via online chat)
Richmond Public Library online citizenship test (free and no registration)
"Citizenshipsupport" (paid - $30 per year)

Most questions in the real test are more common sense than data-driven. Of course, you do have to know some dates and some events, but only the major ones. Practice until you get about 90% on online tests and you will definitely be OK on the real test.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
A.Sh. said:
I read "Discover Canada" several times and then practiced using several websites - most are free, but there are also paid options:
"Citizenshipnow" (free, but requires registration via online chat)
Richmond Public Library online citizenship test (free and no registration)
"Citizenshipsupport" (paid - $30 per year)

Most questions in the real test are more common sense than data-driven. Of course, you do have to know some dates and some events, but only the major ones. Practice until you get about 90% on online tests and you will definitely be OK on the real test.
Thanks a lot....your feedback is appreciated

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:

I did a lot of the online tests (every day I did one for a few months straight) and reading/highlighting the book. What also helped me a lot was making flash cards (and using a digital app that does the same to ipad) and used both methods of answering the question, and then flipping over and having the answer and then answering that with why it was important (basically what the question should be.)

aamer43

May 6, 2009
jjr20 said:
I did a lot of the online tests (every day I did one for a few months straight) and reading/highlighting the book. What also helped me a lot was making flash cards (and using a digital app that does the same to ipad) and used both methods of answering the question, and then flipping over and having the answer and then answering that with why it was important (basically what the question should be.)
@ jjr20

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
How to obtain a CBSA record of travels?
Google "Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request" and you will see a link to the online request form.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Good morning Vancouver ;D
I applied for passport yesterday, 40 minutes waiting time.