+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Any March 2014 (or earlier) applicants awaiting for test invitation here?
application rcvd - Mar.11
process started - Apr.17
lot (Vancouver) - Jul.18
Test...

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to add to this, I also had my test and interview a few days ago and another thing I'd advise is to get travel records for countries that didn't stamp your passport on entry/exit if you can.

When the interviewer was going through my residence calculation he said that my home country wouldn't have stamped my passport. This is true but fortunately I had ordered entry/exit records from my home country so I asked if he wanted to see them and he said yes. He then used these records to tick off all the dates on my residence calculation. He also used my I-94 records for a few entries to the US where my passport hadn't been stamped. I don't know what he would have done if I didn't have these, but he did say I was organized and he approved my application there and then.

I hope this helps.

A.Sh. said:
Just had my exam and interview several days ago.

The exam is not hard. If you spent some time on various online tests and read the book, you will be fine.

The interview was also rather straightforward... Highly recommend ordering the CBSA records and verifying that everything matches: 1)CBSA records with 2) the stamps in your passport with 3) your online calculator data. If you understand all this information, you will be able to answer all the questions and also provide proofs that will support your claims.

CBSA records are very easy to request, but they take 1 month to prepare them, so do it in advance.

Good luck to everyone!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
pedros said:
Just to add to this, I also had my test and interview a few days ago and another thing I'd advise is to get travel records for countries that didn't stamp your passport on entry/exit if you can.

When the interviewer was going through my residence calculation he said that my home country wouldn't have stamped my passport. This is true but fortunately I had ordered entry/exit records from my home country so I asked if he wanted to see them and he said yes. He then used these records to tick off all the dates on my residence calculation. He also used my I-94 records for a few entries to the US where my passport hadn't been stamped. I don't know what he would have done if I didn't have these, but he did say I was organized and he approved my application there and then.

I hope this helps.
Instead of things about matching residence calculator form and stamps, what else did he talk about?
I have all stamps complete in-and-out in my passport, looks like I won't need those entry/exit records.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
Any March 2014 (or earlier) applicants awaiting for test invitation here?
application rcvd - Mar.11
process started - Apr.17
lot (Vancouver) - Jul.18
Test...
Yep, looks like its just you and I...:(.

I called the call centre yesterday, the lady said my application looks complete and just waiting to get a test date and should be as soon as a date becomes available. Really? How come those who applied after I did (in Vancouver) already have taken a test or have received a test date...:(.

Very frustrating with the lack of information from CIC

Ray

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
nadalowna said:
HAs anyone got their oath invitation here yet? (My exam was on Aug 19)
We haven't received anything yet as well:( test was on July 11th. We called cic today and they said that no updates and our test results haven't been added to the system yet:(((( the agent said it was weird because it's been almost 4 months after the test... He said he'll send an email... I hope we'll hear good news soon

Nov 5, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
We haven't received anything yet as well:( test was on July 11th. We called cic today and they said that no updates and our test results haven't been added to the system yet:(((( the agent said it was weird because it's been almost 4 months after the test... He said he'll send an email... I hope we'll hear good news soon

Hie Everyone.Im a Calgarian who sent his single and very routine application on February 10 2014 with processing starting on March 28 2014.Now i will be moving to the Okanagan this coming february and i have a few questions,if you could help me clarify a few things that would be most appreciated.Now will my local office be Vancouver Cic? And how are timelines at Vancouver and how soon will i be invited to write the test? and the oath thereafter? How long do file transfers take place and wil this delay my application at all? Do i risk receiving an RQ with this move? And say i get invited for the test and maybe oath before receiving my BC drivers license and BC medical card,will my Alberta ID docs be acceptable? Do address changes get investigated thoroghly? Im just worried that Vancouver Cic could invite me for tests and oath soon since my application is very routine and i wont be a resident for a minimum of 3 months.Is this an issue there? All contributions are very welcome,thanks.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
Yep, looks like its just you and I...:(.

I called the call centre yesterday, the lady said my application looks complete and just waiting to get a test date and should be as soon as a date becomes available. Really? How come those who applied after I did (in Vancouver) already have taken a test or have received a test date...:(.

Very frustrating with the lack of information from CIC

Ray
same story.. I called cic couple times about a week ago and was told that my file looks good and it's just awaiting for the test date appointment. That would sound ok to me if I didn't know that my file is in Vancouver office since July. Another cic lady suggested me not to be worried until March 2016 ))) yep :)
I realize that cic doesn't process the applications under first come first served basis unfortunately, but that's getting too much now.
Will probably order the ATIP... ???

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
same story.. I called cic couple times about a week ago and was told that my file looks good and it's just awaiting for the test date appointment. That would sound ok to me if I didn't know that my file is in Vancouver office since July. Another cic lady suggested me not to be worried until March 2016 ))) yep :)
I realize that cic doesn't process the applications under first come first served basis unfortunately, but that's getting too much now.
If you order ATIP, let us know what you find. Perhaps I should do that as well.

They should process on first come, first serve basis. I can understand that non-routine application may take longer. But when there are no issues and some who applied in July (4 months after you and I did) have gotten test dates, yes, it is too much..:(

Ray

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
raymasa said:
If you order ATIP, let us know what you find. Perhaps I should do that as well.

They should process on first come, first serve basis. I can understand that non-routine application may take longer. But when there are no issues and some who applied in July (4 months after you and I did) have gotten test dates, yes, it is too much..:(

Ray
will update the thread upon any news from cic...
Good luck

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Pel said:
Not to worry until March 2016? It's easy for her to talk because it's not her problem. After March 2016, she will say "give 1 more year, then we'll start to look at it".
I think you better don't call them, I read about tons of negative comments from calling CIC. Better fax them, at least they don't reply to you, so you don't hear those discouraging words like 2016 etc.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
Not to worry until March 2016? It's easy for her to talk because it's not her problem. After March 2016, she will say "give 1 more year, then we'll start to look at it".
I think you better don't call them, I read about tons of negative comments from calling CIC. Better fax them, at least they don't reply to you, so you don't hear those discouraging words like 2016 etc.
thx BLT. I don't take those "robotic" answers seriously.
Im just keep waiting for good news ???

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
this happened to me too
when I called CIC for my test date, the agent said the estimated waiting was 24months
I just said that I was going for my vacation so wanted to know If I had to cancel my ticket. She checked my status then said " I have a good news for you, ur test date is scheduled in next month so stay in Canada"
lol