+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
Eswiz said:
Today me and my children took the oath and became Canadian.

Thank you everyone here for sharing your timelines and making this whole process a lot easier to understand! 8)
Congrats to you and to your family! Cheers mate! :)

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I've been following this forum. I've read frustrations of other people about their application. And i think it's time to share mine too. My wife and I already took and passed the exam on Oct. 7. And we have not yet heard on our oath. I have friends who took the exam 2 weeks ahead of us who already got their oaths done and another a week ahead of us who just had his oath yesterday. And now, which had me frustrated is a friend who took it a week after us, already is scheduled on Dec. 19th. It just keeps me wondrin' what's has happened with our papers. It was a straight forward application. By the way, it's a family application with our 5year old kid. Do you think this has to do with it? I was hoping to take the oath just before Christmas, but i guess it'll not happen.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi juney, we had our exam oct4th, family application too, nothing yet. I am expecting mine Feb-March next year...anything earlier would be an unexpected present! I am assuming family applications take longer...

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe basharar. But i was kind of hopeful just like with eswiz's situation. It was a family application also. But i guess it's really a lottery. Well at least we're on the waiting game now. Thanks for the reply.

ytmackerel

Dec 3, 2014
Juney said:
Hi. I've been following this forum. I've read frustrations of other people about their application. And i think it's time to share mine too. My wife and I already took and passed the exam on Oct. 7. And we have not yet heard on our oath. I have friends who took the exam 2 weeks ahead of us who already got their oaths done and another a week ahead of us who just had his oath yesterday. And now, which had me frustrated is a friend who took it a week after us, already is scheduled on Dec. 19th. It just keeps me wondrin' what's has happened with our papers. It was a straight forward application. By the way, it's a family application with our 5year old kid. Do you think this has to do with it? I was hoping to take the oath just before Christmas, but i guess it'll not happen.
I passed the test on the same date as you and your wife and I still haven't received my oath letter either. It is indeed frustrating and the call centre agent told me to just wait......
I wonder if the officer who processes the files has anything to do with it? Do you remember who was your interview officer? Mine was a young asian lady with glasses.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We were on a different officer ytmackerel. Onward to 2015.Hopefully we'll have it on the first months ;)

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have enjoyed reading this forum since we got our test notice. I'm sure there's a good number out there who are just following this and not sharing and posting, kind of like me before. This forum has come a long way. Can anyone tell me how to add my timeline on my signature so i can share it.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Juney said:
3 months after test is still considered normal for Vancouver office. This week they sent out some letter, but looks like the mails haven't reached the mail boxes (delayed). Let's see early next week if you can get your oath letter.
Average oath after test is 3 months in Vancouver. Some people haven't gotten anything after 6 months, that's extra ordinary. Btw, which region is your country of origin? EU, Eastern Europe, East Asia, South Asia, SE Asia, Africa, Middle east?

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SE Asia. Same with my friends i mentioned. I guess it's the family issue. We'll see if we'll get ours ;)

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
Juney said:
Don't worry too much! I waited 5 months before I got my invitation to take Oath. It will happen to you and to everybody on the waiting mode. Cheers.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raman_Ram said:
Can anyone tell whether Vancouver has a similar speed (app. 6 months) in processing applications like Mississauga?
I'll take my oath soon and at that point it will be a few days over six months since I sent my application.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Raman_Ram said:
Can anyone tell whether Vancouver has a similar speed (app. 6 months) in processing applications like Mississauga?
not really. Im a March 2014 applicant (Vancouver), no test date yet, no RQ or smth. bad luck