+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
CIC has the power to decide if your excuse is life threatening or not...unless you are in the hospital or someone has died this is an invitation to play with fire...they have and can easily abandon the application by law....Unless there is a valid excuse for rescheduling its too risky.
i dont want to argue with u, but i have friend who deferred her oath date bcuz shes simply wasnt available. and CIC had no problem rescheduling for her.

WHATEVER

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have seen my previous link, this is an actual case of CIC abandoning the file, so IT COULD happen. WHATEVER WHENEVER HOWEVER, it could happen, get it?!

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
I actually went to Vancouver local office, although i was unable to see an officer, but the security person at the front desk told me, do not worry and you have a valid reason and you hav already purchased a ticket so she asked me to write a letter there and she photocopied my ticket as well and put it in an envelope and said have a nice trip.

she said they get these kind of requests all the time. and said not to worry and i will get another oath date because this is my first time requesting.

fingers crossed.

ytmackerel

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone. I passed the citizenship test on Oct 07 at the immigration office next to BC Place. I still haven't received any oath letter, the call centre agent told me now it's the local office that processes the oath ceremony so they couldn't check when will my oath ceremony be. It's only been almost 2 months but should I be panicking? Thanks!

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
would you care to share your timeline? when did you write your test?

ms12001w said:
I actually went to Vancouver local office, although i was unable to see an officer, but the security person at the front desk told me, do not worry and you have a valid reason and you hav already purchased a ticket so she asked me to write a letter there and she photocopied my ticket as well and put it in an envelope and said have a nice trip.

she said they get these kind of requests all the time. and said not to worry and i will get another oath date because this is my first time requesting.

fingers crossed.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ytmackerel said:
Hi Everyone. I passed the citizenship test on Oct 07 at the immigration office next to BC Place. I still haven't received any oath letter, the call centre agent told me now it's the local office that processes the oath ceremony so they couldn't check when will my oath ceremony be. It's only been almost 2 months but should I be panicking? Thanks!
At the Vancouver office during the interview they tend to tell you it takes 3-5 months to hear from them r.e. the oath. This happened to me when I took my test at the end of October. Was this not mentioned to you? You've potentially got quite a bit more of a wait, though it's not impossible to get the oath sooner as has been the case with some October Vancouver test takers already.

ytmackerel

Dec 3, 2014
pedros said:
At the Vancouver office during the interview they tend to tell you it takes 3-5 months to hear from them r.e. the oath. This happened to me when I took my test at the end of October. Was this not mentioned to you? You've potentially got quite a bit more of a wait, though it's not impossible to get the oath sooner as has been the case with some October Vancouver test takers already.
Yes, they told me to wait 2 to 3 months. I guess the Vancouver office is very busy, but there seems to be quite a few people who took the test later than me and they had their letters.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ytmackerel said:
Yes, they told me to wait 2 to 3 months. I guess the Vancouver office is very busy, but there seems to be quite a few people who took the test later than me and they had their letters.
I spoke to soon! My oath letter was in the mailbox when I got home today. I hope you see yours in the near future as well!

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
It's been almost 5 months for us waiting for the oath after the test. We still don't have any news and calling cic don't bring any results :(

Is there anybody else left same as us waiting for the oath since July?

We lost our hope to get the invitation before Christmas! :(

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
It's been almost 5 months for us waiting for the oath after the test. We still don't have any news and calling cic don't bring any results :(

Is there anybody else left same as us waiting for the oath since July?

We lost our hope to get the invitation before Christmas! :(
I think the speed depends on your country of origin. Are you from Asia?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
No, Eastern Europe :)
Then I'm wrong.
How bout your interview, was there any concern about stamp or residency stuff? Also your spouse, because that would delay both.
And..... ;D Did CIC collect your DNA sample during the interview. Maybe they are running some DNA check, so it took them so long.

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
BLT said:
Then I'm wrong.
How bout your interview, was there any concern about stamp or residency stuff? Also your spouse, because that would delay both.
During the interview everything was clear, no concerns at all for both of us. That's why it's so weird that our oath waiting takes so long.