App. Filed.......
25/03/2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014 SA (14-05-2014)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
I finally mailed my sponsorship application today and it will arrive tomorrow.

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Hello everyone!

So today I got approved as a sponsor! Yay!

Only thing is this little phrase got me worried: Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for furtherprocessing.

If I understood all the info I read on the boards, don't they transfer files to abroad offices only if there are red flags to the file?!?! I fell like our case is pretty straight forward.... Am I worrying for nothin? Is it a standardized response that every letter has? Are they refering to the branch of CPP that deals with USA visa applications?

Thanks for any info

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
M_iari said:
Hello everyone!

So today I got approved as a sponsor! Yay!

Only thing is this little phrase got me worried: Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for furtherprocessing.

If I understood all the info I read on the boards, don't they transfer files to abroad offices only if there are red flags to the file?!?! I fell like our case is pretty straight forward.... Am I worrying for nothin? Is it a standardized response that every letter has? Are they refering to the branch of CPP that deals with USA visa applications?

Thanks for any info
It should say on your SA which visa office. Technically, the Ottawa VO is 'abroad' even though it's in Ottawa. Confusing, I know. Mine said that too. This is what part of mine says:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPP Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada"

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
PR card

Will cic automatically send the PR card to the canadian sponsor's home address? What kind of timeline from date of landing are we looking at? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: PR card

sangela said:
Will cic automatically send the PR card to the canadian sponsor's home address? What kind of timeline from date of landing are we looking at? Thanks
Yes - the card will be automatically sent.

51 days + mailing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Zarilenth said:
It should say on your SA which visa office. Technically, the Ottawa VO is 'abroad' even though it's in Ottawa. Confusing, I know. Mine said that too. This is what part of mine says:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPP Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada"

Great, We have the same adress! Thank you so much! I was going over every detail of our application to find any possible red flags! Now I can relax!

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Hello everyone! Hope you guys won't mind me joining this thread. ;D

Sooo.. I'm flying to Canada from NY on April 9th then my fiance and I will get married on May 2nd. <3 <3 We're planning to apply outland but I plan to visit him AKA stay with him while waiting for the process to be over.

Crossing over the border is what worries me the most! Gahh, makes me nervous right now just thinking about it. Guess its because that day is becoming closer and closer and I dont want to have any issues requesting for a 6-month visitor record or better yet, a 1-year visitor record!!

So I've asked my employer for a letter that states that my job is still waiting for me after my "visit". Then I plan to bring clothes and personal items that could fit 3 suitcases (1 carry on and 2 checked in). I'm not yet 100% certain with what to tell them. I didn't buy a return ticket because I hate paying for a rebooking fee (I paid $200 rebooking fee during my last visit because we wanted to extend my visit for another week. Broke my heart so much! T_T). And of course, I plan to stay with my hubby but I don't want to do anything illegal in their eyes.

I've read that bringing the complete application forms would help (if my memory serves me right) but I'm not planning to bring hardcopies of my application since I want to go over it with my would be hubby before printing it out (and would save us paper and ink!). I've also read that showing the receipt of the application would make it easier when crossing the border. But since we're not yet married yet when I cross, would it be a problem if I pay the fees as early as now so I could bring the receipt with me? Im not sure if its okay coz it said on the instructions on the online payment website to "please ensure that you have completed the appropriate application(s) for the service(s) you will be paying". I'm 1000% sure that we'll go through with the application, if anyone is wondering. :p I've already requested for police certificates and I'm planning to do my medical exam in Canada when we've completed the application package...

I hope you can enlighten me with this! =) Thanks in advance!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcorbin said:
Hello everyone! Hope you guys won't mind me joining this thread. ;D

Sooo.. I'm flying to Canada from NY on April 9th then my fiance and I will get married on May 2nd. <3 <3 We're planning to apply outland but I plan to visit him AKA stay with him while waiting for the process to be over.

Crossing over the border is what worries me the most! Gahh, makes me nervous right now just thinking about it. Guess its because that day is becoming closer and closer and I dont want to have any issues requesting for a 6-month visitor record or better yet, a 1-year visitor record!!

So I've asked my employer for a letter that states that my job is still waiting for me after my "visit". Then I plan to bring clothes and personal items that could fit 3 suitcases (1 carry on and 2 checked in). I'm not yet 100% certain with what to tell them. I didn't buy a return ticket because I hate paying for a rebooking fee (I paid $200 rebooking fee during my last visit because we wanted to extend my visit for another week. Broke my heart so much! T_T). And of course, I plan to stay with my hubby but I don't want to do anything illegal in their eyes.

I've read that bringing the complete application forms would help (if my memory serves me right) but I'm not planning to bring hardcopies of my application since I want to go over it with my would be hubby before printing it out (and would save us paper and ink!). I've also read that showing the receipt of the application would make it easier when crossing the border. But since we're not yet married yet when I cross, would it be a problem if I pay the fees as early as now so I could bring the receipt with me? Im not sure if its okay coz it said on the instructions on the online payment website to "please ensure that you have completed the appropriate application(s) for the service(s) you will be paying". I'm 1000% sure that we'll go through with the application, if anyone is wondering. :p I've already requested for police certificates and I'm planning to do my medical exam in Canada when we've completed the application package...

I hope you can enlighten me with this! =) Thanks in advance!
Welcome! Take a look at GOGOGO's post here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-with-spouse-while-application-is-pending-t102071.0.html;msg1411584#msg1411584.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hey everyone I received my COPR yesterday:) After two years of waiting I'm happy to say the process is almost complete. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and made this wait so much more bearable. It's because of the all the information and recommendations I received from this forum that I was able to make sound decisions with regards to our application. Thanks again! Cheers!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mushmash said:
Hey everyone I received my COPR yesterday:) After two years of waiting I'm happy to say the process is almost complete. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and made this wait so much more bearable. It's because of the all the information and recommendations I received from this forum that I was able to make sound decisions with regards to our application. Thanks again! Cheers!
Congratulations Mushmash! Enjoy landing and life together post-PR status :)

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Mushmash said:
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news!!!

Canuck4ever

Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question I posted on another thread but thought this might be a better place to ask...Did anyone who is Canadian living in the US and sponsoring their US spouse get an AOR via email and an SA decision vial letter? I got my AOR a week ago via a email and now the site has updated to "Decision Made" and say's they sent a letter a few days ago. Should I be worried? Just wondering why they didn't inform me of the results via email. Thank you for yout insight in advance!

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Canuck4ever said:
Quick question I posted on another thread but thought this might be a better place to ask...Did anyone who is Canadian living in the US and sponsoring their US spouse get an AOR via email and an SA decision vial letter? I got my AOR a week ago via a email and now the site has updated to "Decision Made" and say's they sent a letter a few days ago. Should I be worried? Just wondering why they didn't inform me of the results via email. Thank you for yout insight in advance!
Nothing to worry about. Same thing happened to me. The letter is your SA. Congrats.

Canuck4ever

Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Millertimez said:
Nothing to worry about. Same thing happened to me. The letter is your SA. Congrats.
Thanks a lot for the reply...feel a lot better...cautiously optimistic! :)

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Mushmash said:
Congratulations, finally you got COPR!!! Isn't it odd that you received COPR on April Fool's Day? Haha