24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Hi,

Congrats to everyone who is making progress ;D ! I'm a Canadian who is in the very beginning stages of helping my American husband to get PR status.

1. As the sponsor, do I need to fill out IMM5669 Schedule A (Background Declaration)?

2. I've really looked, but I cannot figure out how to add a signature line here in this forum?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer :)

Epilobium

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, and welcome :)

1. No. Since you are already Canadian and not an applicant for PR status you don't need to fill out Schedule A IMM5669 (even if you are the spouse of the PA ;). They use the same form for various applications and the way the instructions are written make more sense for economic class (where the whole family is applying) than family class applicants (where the spouse is already a citizen or PR)

2. You'll get additional options once you get to 10 and then 20 or 25 posts (signatures, timeline under your name, and ability to thank folks for 'good' posts, etc). So after a few more posts take a look under profile in the top blue bar and then in the page that pops up go to 'forum profile information.'

Ask away and good luck during your application process :)

epilobium said:
Hi,

Congrats to everyone who is making progress ;D ! I'm a Canadian who is in the very beginning stages of helping my American husband to get PR status.

1. As the sponsor, do I need to fill out IMM5669 Schedule A (Background Declaration)?

2. I've really looked, but I cannot figure out how to add a signature line here in this forum?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer :)

Epilobium

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Wow great luck for you, Occassita to have been approved so quick! Looks like you either got really lucky, or maybe that applications filed around that time will be processed more quickly? Either way, that's awesome!

I called CIC today, and after giving the representative my UCI number, she told me that it looked like everything was in order and that my wife and I should be expecting a letter from CIC saying that my file was transferred any day now. I guess my status cannot be officially updated yet for the spreadsheet, but I asked her if, even though I haven't received a letter yet and ECAS still says "application received", if my wife had been approved, she said "it certainly looks like she has" :)

So that's good. It will be interesting to see if it is sent to Ottawa or to a US visa office. I will let you know what happens.

How have the US Visa offices been doing? I haven't seen any updates from some of the March applicants, many of who got transferred to LA, in quite some time.

Either way, good to see the wheels turning

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
apstone said:
Wow great luck for you, Occassita to have been approved so quick! Looks like you either got really lucky, or maybe that applications filed around that time will be processed more quickly? Either way, that's awesome!

I called CIC today, and after giving the representative my UCI number, she told me that it looked like everything was in order and that my wife and I should be expecting a letter from CIC saying that my file was transferred any day now. I guess my status cannot be officially updated yet for the spreadsheet, but I asked her if, even though I haven't received a letter yet and ECAS still says "application received", if my wife had been approved, she said "it certainly looks like she has" :)

So that's good. It will be interesting to see if it is sent to Ottawa or to a US visa office. I will let you know what happens.

How have the US Visa offices been doing? I haven't seen any updates from some of the March applicants, many of who got transferred to LA, in quite some time.

Either way, good to see the wheels turning
The only update I have, is from Ottawa stating my file is in LA and in process. *sigh* come on LA!!

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Can you add me to the spreadsheet? I just sent off my application today for US outland.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
So I did my bloodwork, x-ray, and physical on Monday, cost $191 CAN and took *maybe* an hour tops, but that includes waiting. VERY impressed! Now to finish up our paperwork, fill out some supporting documents, and then print off as much information regarding this fieldprint company and try to show that they are an official FBI channeler. Should have this submitted by the end of the week :D (well, in the mail at least).

Since I live in Buffalo, NY and am sending this all to Mississauga, ON, should I send this certified (if the option is available) or do anything special other than make copies?

EDIT: I just realized that the website says FAM applications need to go to Mississauga first, but that on our applications we should put Ottawa as the actual processing center...I've used Mississauga on ALL of my paperwork, including my medical which was done on Monday. Is this going to (already) delay my application?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterDBarton said:
So I did my bloodwork, x-ray, and physical on Monday, cost $191 CAN and took *maybe* an hour tops, but that includes waiting. VERY impressed! Now to finish up our paperwork, fill out some supporting documents, and then print off as much information regarding this fieldprint company and try to show that they are an official FBI channeler. Should have this submitted by the end of the week :D (well, in the mail at least).

Since I live in Buffalo, NY and am sending this all to Mississauga, ON, should I send this certified (if the option is available) or do anything special other than make copies?

EDIT: I just realized that the website says FAM applications need to go to Mississauga first, but that on our applications we should put Ottawa as the actual processing center...I've used Mississauga on ALL of my paperwork, including my medical which was done on Monday. Is this going to (already) delay my application?
It won't delay your paperwork since they can match it by name - they all go to the regional medical office anyway (Ottawa for North America). Update your selections on your application if you still can, though to avoid confusion in assigning the VO to your file at CPC-M.

BTW, folks often ask for physician suggestions - given that it sounds like you had a very good experience, would you mind sharing who your DMP was for future applicants?

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
I put the wrong location on my medical forms, and left the location on another form BLANK (Can't remember which, one of the sponsoree ones). Didn't have an effect.

My husbands DMP (Winnipeg): Martin Fogel
He was awesome, super laid back and a great attitude. Even when we had the wrong # of photos, he said 'no worries, I'll just photocopy one for me'. All in all, I wish he was a family practitioner, I would switch to him in a minute.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
OhCanadiana said:
It won't delay your paperwork since they can match it by name - they all go to the regional medical office anyway (Ottawa for North America). Update your selections on your application if you still can, though to avoid confusion in assigning the VO to your file at CPC-M.
So we should write CPC-O on everything that needs an office? - medical and the general applicant form?

Thanks for answering my previous questions OhCanadiana :) . Also, I have had SO many questions answered by this forum just by googling
"insert ambiguous form language" site:canadavisa.com
Totally works! What a wonderful resource.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
epilobium said:
So we should write CPC-O on everything that needs an office? - medical and the general applicant form?

Thanks for answering my previous questions OhCanadiana :) . Also, I have had SO many questions answered by this forum just by googling Totally works! What a wonderful resource.
1. Yes

2. Happy to have helped (directly and indirectly). I loved that functionality. It works on duckduckgo too (while respecting your privacy and not collecting personal information ;) Now I just need to find a verb since duckduckgoing doesn't roll off the tongue like googling does. Then again, googling used to sound weird too - for now, I'm using searching. Anyway, glad searching helped :) And, take a look at duckduckgo.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
OhCanadiana said:

BTW, folks often ask for physician suggestions - given that it sounds like you had a very good experience, would you mind sharing who your DMP was for future applicants?
Good to know then. I haven't submitted my paperwork yet so I'll look through those (again!) and make sure I have CPC-O. The people in Niagara Falls, ON were great. The lady was very understanding and helpful and the guy was very professional and fielded my questions and even wished me luck when the visit was finished. FYI, they start the immigration physicals at 5:00PM. I called a few weeks in advance and was called immediately at 5:00PM even though I arrived after three other individuals who were getting a physical so be sure to schedule early :)

Name: Melvin E. Krass
Name: Roxan Guise
4421 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, ON, L2E 2L2.
Telephone: (905) 356-2236

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Duckduckgo sounds good, I'll get quacking on checking it out.

More boring questions:

1. IMM 5491 document checklist sponsor: for #18
I'm self-employed so they are asking for a "statement of business activities". Does that mean I have to fill out a form like a Canada Revenue Agency T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities specifically for the past 12 months - ie Aug 1, 2011 to July 31, 2012 (which does NOT correspond to my fiscal year which is the calendar year)? Including all of my expenses and capital costs etc.?

2. IMM 5491 document checklist sponsor: for #19 "If you must meet minimum necessary income requirement [...]"
I assume this does not apply to me as a spousal sponsor? - my applicant husband does not have dependents

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
3. IMM 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire
when it refers to children living with me, do I need to include documentation of custody arrangements with my ex-husband (my applicant husband does not have children) and details that he pays child support and has joint custody?

4. IMM 5490 sponsored spouse questionnaire
when it refers to whether we have lived together (#27, #28), can we admit that we are living together even though my applicant husband is only here on a visitor visa? or should we refer to it as "visiting"?

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Yikes, I think I killed this thread. :-[

I think I have an answer to one of my questions:
epilobium said:
1. IMM 5491 document checklist sponsor: for #18
I'm self-employed so they are asking for a "statement of business activities". Does that mean I have to fill out a form like a Canada Revenue Agency T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities specifically for the past 12 months - ie Aug 1, 2011 to July 31, 2012 (which does NOT correspond to my fiscal year which is the calendar year)? Including all of my expenses and capital costs etc.?
In case it's helpful for someone else, I found this on another forum:
Just a quick note I did find the answer to my question today, just couldn't find any posts online that were current about this. I called the CIC three times today and finely one of the representatives directed me to call the Canadian Revenue Agency for information on how to submit a statement of business activity's. When I called the CRA today and told them I was directed by the CIC to contact you guys about info on how to submit a statement of business activity's to them he said YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME lol, Well either way he did walk me through the process on how to do it, first down load the T2125 form from the CRA website and date from day of application being sent in back 12 months and fill in the blanks etc.So that's what I will do, I hope it is what the CIC wants
Sorry I don't have enough posts to provide a link.

So, I will be doing the T2125 form from CRA, but adjusting the "fiscal period" to date from today backwards (rather than the fiscal year that I normally use, which is the calendar year).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterDBarton said:
Good to know then. I haven't submitted my paperwork yet so I'll look through those (again!) and make sure I have CPC-O. The people in Niagara Falls, ON were great. The lady was very understanding and helpful and the guy was very professional and fielded my questions and even wished me luck when the visit was finished. FYI, they start the immigration physicals at 5:00PM. I called a few weeks in advance and was called immediately at 5:00PM even though I arrived after three other individuals who were getting a physical so be sure to schedule early :)

Name: Melvin E. Krass
Name: Roxan Guise
4421 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, ON, L2E 2L2.
Telephone: (905) 356-2236
Thanks in the name of future folks :)