Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
apstone said:
How were you guys informed that your file was transferred? Is there a procedure to call CIC after the date listed on the site for an update?
We received the sponsorship approval letter in the mail (on a Friday) and the following Monday I could see it on e-cas.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
thanks, i guess i will call them then to see what's up.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
i also had another question. I realized recently that I was assigned a client ID number when I got my 1 year TVR back in February. When filling out the application, it said that if this was your first application, you wouldn't have an ID number, so I left it blank.

Could this cause a problem for the sponsor approval stage? Or should I wait until it is transferred, then submit that number to the visa office directly? Or just not worry about it, and let them assign me a new one when they approve my wife as sponsor?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
apstone said:
i also had another question. I realized recently that I was assigned a client ID number when I got my 1 year TVR back in February. When filling out the application, it said that if this was your first application, you wouldn't have an ID number, so I left it blank.

Could this cause a problem for the sponsor approval stage? Or should I wait until it is transferred, then submit that number to the visa office directly? Or just not worry about it, and let them assign me a new one when they approve my wife as sponsor?
No. They will look it up in the computer system and use your previous client ID.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apstone said:

It's actually good news:

1. Don't worry about letting them know about the UCI. It won't cause any problem and they will just find it and attach it while reviewing the file.

2. Since you have your UCI number and they will use the same one, you can actually use e-case to look up your file status. While e-case isn't always updated - especially at the VO stage - it's more reliable for sponsorship approval. Therefore, you should be able to see if they have received your application and, if so, see if they have made a decision. It won't tell you what the decision is, but it will give you a date they would have mailed a letter or e-mailed you. Link is https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Oh great, I had no idea that they could link them up.

It worked to use my ID number on the ecas system. Strangely, I used the UCI number before to try and check and nothing came up. This time, information popped up. However, I was a little dissapointed to see that the status of my application was still listed as "application received"

When I clicked on it, it confirmed that they received it on April 23. So I guess I will call CIC to get some more info. It will be a lot easier now that I know they have my UCI number and everything is linked up.

Any ideas as to why I can now access ECAS now, when I could not 2-3 weeks ago, but that the status is still the same as it always was? Weird to update ecas without actually updating your status.

Sidenote: It's a beautiful Sunday here in Dundas, Ontario, and my wife and I are about to take our dog for a canoe trip. Should be great!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm glad it worked :)

The applications usually don't show up on e-case as 'application received' until you get your AOR (if they send it out) so you should be hearing soon. And that all happens when they start processing it so that's all good.

e-case usually updates within a few days of them making a decision to show decision made so at least this means you haven't missed a letter with their decision.

Enjoy canoeing :)

apstone said:
Oh great, I had no idea that they could link them up.

It worked to use my ID number on the ecas system. Strangely, I used the UCI number before to try and check and nothing came up. This time, information popped up. However, I was a little dissapointed to see that the status of my application was still listed as "application received"

When I clicked on it, it confirmed that they received it on April 23. So I guess I will call CIC to get some more info. It will be a lot easier now that I know they have my UCI number and everything is linked up.

Any ideas as to why I can now access ECAS now, when I could not 2-3 weeks ago, but that the status is still the same as it always was? Weird to update ecas without actually updating your status.

Sidenote: It's a beautiful Sunday here in Dundas, Ontario, and my wife and I are about to take our dog for a canoe trip. Should be great!

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
I'm reviewing my IMM 0008 form and I'm questioning if my wife, who is Canadian AND my sponsor, needs to be on this form as a dependent. Can I remove her since she is sponsoring me and will be submitting her own set of paperwork?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterDBarton said:
I'm reviewing my IMM 0008 form and I'm questioning if my wife, who is Canadian AND my sponsor, needs to be on this form as a dependent. Can I remove her since she is sponsoring me and will be submitting her own set of paperwork?
She does not need to be on the IMM0008 as a dependent (since she's the sponsor and Canadian). However, on the additional family form she does need to be listed.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
OhCanadiana said:
She does not need to be on the IMM0008 as a dependent (since she's the sponsor and Canadian). However, on the additional family form she does need to be listed.
Thanks! That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. I'm currently reviewing the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire and it's asking how we met and if someone introduced us. We met back in high school in 9th or 10th grade, and we were likely introduced to each other by a mutual friend. The form is asking for specific dates and people...how should I fill this section out if I'm unsure of the EXACT details?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterDBarton said:
Thanks! That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. I'm currently reviewing the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire and it's asking how we met and if someone introduced us. We met back in high school in 9th or 10th grade, and we were likely introduced to each other by a mutual friend. The form is asking for specific dates and people...how should I fill this section out if I'm unsure of the EXACT details?
*'s for the dates you don't remember (guess the year if possible and then clarify that in the comments so that it's clear that it's been a while) and then explain it as you just did here, elaborating a bit more even if it fast-forwards a bit in time (we met ... we remember we were friends by ... and we started dating in xx year ... to give them a sense of when your relationship started). In the where, I'd include the name of the school to make it clear.

As for the introductions, if you went to the same school and just met as most people do in school - roll-call or something like that - then I'd say 'nobody' introduced you and then explain in the comments. As far as I can tell, the question is intended more for people who met later on in life trying to ascertain - and check consistency for - arranged marriages, etc. than schoolyard meetings.

In your case, the comments will be important so they understand it was during school, etc.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
OhCanadiana said:
*'s for the dates you don't remember (guess the year if possible and then clarify that in the comments so that it's clear that it's been a while) and then explain it as you just did here, elaborating a bit more even if it fast-forwards a bit in time (we met ... we remember we were friends by ... and we started dating in xx year ... to give them a sense of when your relationship started). In the where, I'd include the name of the school to make it clear.

As for the introductions, if you went to the same school and just met as most people do in school - roll-call or something like that - then I'd say 'nobody' introduced you and then explain in the comments. As far as I can tell, the question is intended more for people who met later on in life trying to ascertain - and check consistency for - arranged marriages, etc. than schoolyard meetings.

In your case, the comments will be important so they understand it was during school, etc.
It won't let me use *'s or use 8's across. I'll trying to estimate as close as possible and then include an explanation.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterDBarton said:
It won't let me use *'s or use 8's across.
Oh, for *'s you need to handwrite them in after you print (when you go to sign). It's not a problem because you don't need to validate IMM5490.

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
OMG!!!!
Email from CIC - Sponsorship approval already!!!!
Fowarded to CPC-O.

Email:
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail,
fax, or in writing as follows: (CPP-O address here)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Occasita said:
OMG!!!!
Email from CIC - Sponsorship approval already!!!!
Fowarded to CPC-O.

Email:
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail,
fax, or in writing as follows: (CPP-O address here)
Congratulations!!! You must be thrilled - hope you can go celebrate tonight!