+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR Card Renewal

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Hello everybody,

Wondering, how long it takes to process urgent pr card renewal process.

I applied on 14th Nov, 2013;
they received on 15th Nov, 2013;
They started processing on 19th Nov, 2013

and it is still in process.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timeline from going 'into process' to approval as indicated by 'completed' on ecas is usually within 5 days for urgent applications so normally you may suspect an issue with your file as processing seems outwith of this but if you exclude the weekend days you are on track so stop sweating it. Mail out is where the delay is give it 4 weeks. How many days did you apply with?

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
Please post when it says 'completed' under your status. I am also on the same boat and this info would be extremely valuable. Mine was already approved on Oct. 22nd but I sent an urgent request yesterday. So far there is no update on the status and they call service agents said that the card hasn't been printed yet. Hope everything is ok :(

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Hi there,
thanks for posting valuable updates. I have applied and its now almost 9 working days in process. Hopefully, i believe that to get it sooner rather than later. I will certainly post any updates as soon as I have, in here.

As far as complication are concerned with my file, I do not see it though. Only thing I think is that I had few schengen visas in my passport and has a note written in German Language: Erwerbstaetigkeit Nicht Gestattet; Besuchs-Geschaeftsvisum; which literally translates as "Employment not permittede"; Visit/Business Visas.

Which I translated myself and send them self attested.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
What does it say on your e-cas? Does it say 'decision made' yet? Did you call the call centre today to ask about the status of your application?

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
It is still mentioning on ecas that "In Process". Not yet called call center, but last time I called 2 days back, the guy said it is in normal processing and then I sent them email and I received response that the application is in fact for Urgent consideration.

Thats all informaiton I have from them.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
Hmm, that's really odd because I feel like it should say 'Decision made' by now since you sent in your application a while ago. Try calling again, I know you have to give them up to 5 business days from when you sent the email for them to take action. Did you send proof of travel with your application?

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you, I talked to CIC Call center just few minutes back and the lady informed that the PR Card has been approved yesterday and I should be receiving by mail soon.

Thank you all in this forum.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
That's great! When is your travel date? I just want to know if they will send it to you before your travel date since I'm also on the same boat.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
I will be traveling on 14th December and the lady informed that I should receive sometime by next week.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
That's our travel date too! Please let me know if you do receive it by next week. I have heard conflicting dates from the reps.

Tas123

Nov 23, 2013
Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that our cards were mailed out on November 29th. I'm sure you will receive yours soon too!

life900

Nov 19, 2013
Tas123 said:
Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that our cards were mailed out on November 29th. I'm sure you will receive yours soon too!
Hi Tas123, congratulation on receiving your PR card. Would you mind sharing your complete timeline?
Thanks

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hi Tas123, Congrats! Did you already receive it or you have been informed by CIC about its being mailed to you?!